The Week 5 Thread: 0-4 Bears at 2-2 Commanders - THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on PRIME - GIF THEME now DROOPY

MikeT14

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:
1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

True. But if I'm deciding which one to pay the most, it's Sweat right now. He's been better for a longer period of time. 

There's still some time for them to distinguish themselves between each other. And still time for either of them to take a dive in their performance. But like I said before, having to decide which one (or both) to keep is a problem I'd love to have vs. not having any DEs I wanted to keep.

You know which one I would pay lol

Honestly, if this continues and they both keep it up, there is no way you let either walk. Whichever one doesn't receive the LTD gets tagged. Both of them are answering the bell so far. There are definitely some deficiencies in their games, but they are showing themselves to be difference makers. Tez has 4.5 sacks in 5 games and Chase has 3 sacks in 4 games. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Is it just me or is everyone tired of all these ads. I understand they need to make money but It’s ridiculous.

Not much can be done for that except what you're getting. Gotta keep the lights on somehow. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Listened to Cooley and Kevin today. Cooley put the interception on Samuel. Claims he broke the route off too early which caused Sam to be late on the throw. Gave him a B grade for the game. 

Samuel has had a couple plays like that this year. He needs to come back to the ball or finish his route rather than stopping his feet. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Samuel has had a couple plays like that this year. He needs to come back to the ball or finish his route rather than stopping his feet. 

Yep, 2 of Howell’s ints this year are on Samuel not coming back to the ball. One vs Buffalo & one vs the Bears. Also, the int Sam threw to Mycah Hyde when he was throwing to Gibson in the flat, Gibson also was just waiting on the ball and didn't work back towards it at all. 

So, 3 of Howell’s ints could've been just regular incompletions/maybe even catches if the receivers actually try to get to the ball as hard as the defenders did.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dude is clueless. You beat the table for Emmanuel Forbes and you gotta own that ****. Quan hasn't done a single thing to be praising. Bringing up Howell when the question was about this year's draft picks is shameful. Own your ****, you demand the players do it, lead by example for once. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/news/washington-commanders/bears-offensive-lineman-calls-out-weak-commanders-defense?fbclid=IwAR2igCgsoq0TT--6MFKJOwuHAExnkAnuHGP_sOaHKC2-0KSAZ9xZCvpMWnA

Bears offensive lineman says our defense was weak and lazy in their rotations leading to the big plays for their offense. 

I don't doubt it.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:26 PM, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/news/washington-commanders/bears-offensive-lineman-calls-out-weak-commanders-defense?fbclid=IwAR2igCgsoq0TT--6MFKJOwuHAExnkAnuHGP_sOaHKC2-0KSAZ9xZCvpMWnA

Bears offensive lineman says our defense was weak and lazy in their rotations leading to the big plays for their offense. 

Just saw that about 15 minutes ago.

Shameful