The Week 5 Thread: 0-4 Bears at 2-2 Commanders - THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on PRIME - GIF THEME now DROOPY

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Scott Land said:

I tagged you in just a few. There's more about him being in a two point stance and yada yada yada. 

The two point stance was people complaining about the coaching staff putting him in a position to fail because he’s better with his hand in the dirt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

The two point stance was people complaining about the coaching staff putting him in a position to fail because he’s better with his hand in the dirt. 

Either way, there's still people complaining about his effort and still people who refuse to admit that he's actually been playing fairly well. 

1 hour ago, Scott Land said:

This was a sorry a** effort, all I can say. Jack Del Rio and Ron Rivera still having their jobs as of right now is ridiculous. They should've been gone last year and the year before honestly but yet here we are singing the same old song and dance. 

I'm sick of the dline getting the blame for this. You can't continue to just say ok rush 4 with no stunts, no different looks, absolutely 0 creativity. It's not that hard for a line to get in a rhythm of blocking and chipping with running backs/te's when you're getting the same thing every time. Look at our GD linebackers. They are absolutely PUTRID. Most teams when a QB breaks through the dline there is linebackers waiting to help out. Not ours. Most teams have linebackers that help in the run game. Ours get blocked 10 yards downfield then miss the tackle. I'm not saying the dline is preforming close to expectations, but you have to really watch what is truly happening, and watch how other teams play. 

I am also tired of hearing about Chase Young. He had .5 sack and 11 PRESSURES. And how many missed holds? I saw at least 3. Also forced a should have intentional grounding, no idea how it wasn't? So gtfo here with the he isn't doing anything. Quite frankly, where has Jon Allen been? Daron had a good game against the broncos, but how about the other games? Montez has had a couple games he's flashed. Someone said he's giving 30% effort. HA, what's the rest of the line giving then? 5%?

Agreed on the DL. While Chase did have a few plays I'm sure he'd like back, I can't fault him too much for his play last night. He and Montez seemed to be the only ones playing on Defense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

This offseason reminds of 2016 & boy was I wrong about that one too. In May/June I thought we had a good offseason bc I thought Barton would be at least equivalent if not better than Holcomb. I thought Wylie was a huge upgrade and I liked our draft. 

Much like 2016 I was wrong. Worst offseason in 7 years! Rivera & crew can’t be fired fast enough!

This is what I said in another post that one of the things I was pissed about with Forbes getting benched (*) is that as soon as he was, our ENTIRE 2023 draft class essentially was doing NOTHING for our team.

(*) Note - I was happy he was benched. I just was ticked that we can't seem to actually draft people that can actually help us win ballgames.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

eagles should pay attention to the next 4 teams they are playing ..

Trust me I’m not overlooking the Rams who just got Kupp back, esp not with having to travel across country and coming off a tough OT game with y’all.

I just thought it was a good opportunity to post that pic lol. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I only caught the 2nd half of this game, but I liked what I saw from Howell in trying to attempt the come back.

But, I’ve been saying Ron needs to go for a couple years now. Like I thought he was a solid hire for y’all at the time cause the franchise was in shambles and they needed a firm hand that could try and change the culture, but it was blatantly obvious there was a cap on how good you could be with him. Obviously you guys were also capped by your QBs too, but I’m pretty sure Ron played a role in that too.

The big thing with you guys this offseason will be with raiding the good front offices to interview their 2nd in command and try and find the right guy to pick your next HC and maybe eventually QB if you decide Howell isn’t that guy. I also think if I was owner I’d probably change the name and uniforms again, but that’s just me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

This offseason reminds of 2016 & boy was I wrong about that one too. In May/June I thought we had a good offseason bc I thought Barton would be at least equivalent if not better than Holcomb. I thought Wylie was a huge upgrade and I liked our draft. 

Much like 2016 I was wrong. Worst offseason in 7 years! Rivera & crew can’t be fired fast enough!

It’s not fair to really grade him since he hasn’t played, but I just thought taking a run stuffing DT in the 2nd round in Phidarian Mathis was just bad process like y'all had really good DTs and bigger needs. It was also probably at least a full round too early as well.

BTW was Quan Martin just bad process too like yall had enough good DBs so that’s why he’s not starting at the nickel or safety? Cause I actually liked him a good bit coming out. How was he in camp?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Cut Sam some slack dude. He’s been pretty good save for the Bills debacle. 

You watched the game last night, I did not — so perhaps I’m misunderstanding what happened.

I did check the stats at halftime, and prior to a pointless throw to Thomas with 3 seconds left in the half, he was something like 8/11 for 47 yards and a pick in our territory that led to a TD. 

At that point, it was 27-3. And he’d put up just over 4 yards per attempt — which is unspeakably dreadful — and again helped to put points on the board for the opposition (not that they needed it, apparently).

He had a huge second half, which is cool. It’s better than not having a huge second half. But how much are we really supposed to take away from big second half numbers against a bad defense in a game where we never got closer than 10 points behind them? It just feels like empty calories. Maybe it wasn’t, I don’t know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s not fair to really grade him since he hasn’t played, but I just thought taking a run stuffing DT in the 2nd round in Phidarian Mathis was just bad process like y'all had really good DTs and bigger needs. It was also probably at least a full round too early as well.

BTW was Quan Martin just bad process too like yall had enough good DBs so that’s why he’s not starting at the nickel or safety? Cause I actually liked him a good bit coming out. How was he in camp?

The thought process behind drafting Mathis in R2 was that we were overpaying for Matt Ioannidis to be our #3 OT & we lost Tim Settle to Buffalo in FA. So, they needed a 3rd DT for rotation. What’s sad is we can’t even say if he was taken a round too early or not bc he hasn’t been healthy enough to play.

I didn’t agree with cutting Ioannidis to make room for when we traded for Wentz but that’s what they did. 

We play 6 DBs often and Quan Martin is versatile. He played CB & S in college. He didn’t look good in the preseason but  when you play 6 DBs at times you need depth.

Again, I didn’t agree with the selection but that’s the reasoning behind it. I would’ve taken one of the OL available or a LB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

You watched the game last night, I did not — so perhaps I’m misunderstanding what happened.

I did check the stats at halftime, and prior to a pointless throw to Thomas with 3 seconds left in the half, he was something like 8/11 for 47 yards and a pick in our territory that led to a TD. 

At that point, it was 27-3. And he’d put up just over 4 yards per attempt — which is unspeakably dreadful — and again helped to put points on the board for the opposition (not that they needed it, apparently).

He had a huge second half, which is cool. It’s better than not having a huge second half. But how much are we really supposed to take away from big second half numbers against a bad defense in a game where we never got closer than 10 points behind them? It just feels like empty calories. Maybe it wasn’t, I don’t know.

I’d say he’s a developing QB so anytime he has a good quarter or good half - especially after having a bad one - is a good thing. It shows he can shake off a bad play, a bad quarter, a bad half, a bad game etc. It shows resiliency, growth and leadership.

• Like 1