The Week 5 Thread: 0-4 Bears at 2-2 Commanders - THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on PRIME - GIF THEME now DROOPY

MikeT14

Honestly guys, I’m not as upset about the coaching as I was about the players on this one.  These guys asked for a packed house.  Most fans stayed through the last DJ Moore touchdown.  With the exception of the bench area to the visitor tunnel, this place was majority Washington fans.  They were loud even at the second half kickoff.  

But man, this was embarrassing to be there.  Embarrassing to see the Bears grab such a lead.  Embarrassing to see us pass the ball the entire second half, and only run the ball 10 times total- four coming from Howell.  Meanwhile, the Bears gashed us on the ground and made chunk play after chunk play.  Again, showing our weakness on third downs.  

Forbes got benched after his wretched performance blowing coverage and missing tackles, looking like the worst version of Fred Smoot out there.  You know what I would’ve done to send a message to that entire defense on the first snap or two of the second half?  I would’ve benched the entire starting unit and put their backups in.  That’s the message and accountability I want to see from our coaches.  

I figured the Bears would play with a little fire early on with the news that **** Butkus passed away.  But we didn’t play with any fire or motivation.  It really is like we sleptwalked through the week and are just looking beyond opponents right now.  It’s just frustrating, and we need to see a massive change in the personnel as well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I tweeted as much last night. Told them to get ready for empty stadiums again if there are zero repercussions

I agree with you.  The rest of our home games are division opponents who usually pack the stadium anyway, and the 49ers and Dolphins have massive fan bases from their success in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and even when they weren’t great the last 15 years, showed up and split the difference at Fed Ex.  

This is going to be a tough rest of the season if the players continue to underachieve like they are.  

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I went to see Anthony Jeselnik tonight instead of watching the game — but from reviewing the box score, it seems like watching the game would have actually been the sickest comedy I could have seen tonight.

Closer than the box score indicates a little, but man, I just can’t fathom the final TD pass to DJ Moore and not having anyone over top if Fuller was trying to jump the route.  

7 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Haven’t posted in a long while but I’m pretty mad at my self thinking we would somehow be different . Unfortunately we are what we have been for the last 3 1/2 years which is have slow starts in the season . 

honestly just looking at progress at this point . Pretty much knew what we all knew which is Ron likely being fired and a new GM coming. I’m still on the fence with Eric B at the moment but would not be mad if he took over Ron for the rest of the year . 

Also our players are very overrated on defense …. Very 

Thank you, I said this a week or so ago and got dogs abuse for it.

This was a sorry a** effort, all I can say. Jack Del Rio and Ron Rivera still having their jobs as of right now is ridiculous. They should've been gone last year and the year before honestly but yet here we are singing the same old song and dance. 

I'm sick of the dline getting the blame for this. You can't continue to just say ok rush 4 with no stunts, no different looks, absolutely 0 creativity. It's not that hard for a line to get in a rhythm of blocking and chipping with running backs/te's when you're getting the same thing every time. Look at our GD linebackers. They are absolutely PUTRID. Most teams when a QB breaks through the dline there is linebackers waiting to help out. Not ours. Most teams have linebackers that help in the run game. Ours get blocked 10 yards downfield then miss the tackle. I'm not saying the dline is preforming close to expectations, but you have to really watch what is truly happening, and watch how other teams play. 

I am also tired of hearing about Chase Young. He had .5 sack and 11 PRESSURES. And how many missed holds? I saw at least 3. Also forced a should have intentional grounding, no idea how it wasn't? So gtfo here with the he isn't doing anything. Quite frankly, where has Jon Allen been? Daron had a good game against the broncos, but how about the other games? Montez has had a couple games he's flashed. Someone said he's giving 30% effort. HA, what's the rest of the line giving then? 5%?

Edited by Scott Land

1 minute ago, Scott Land said:

This was a sorry a** effort, all I can say. Jack Del Rio and Ron Rivera still having their jobs as of right now is ridiculous. They should've been gone last year and the year before honestly but yet here we are singing the same old song and dance. 

I'm sick of the dline getting the blame for this. You can't continue to just say ok rush 4 with no stunts, no different looks, absolutely 0 creativity. It's not that hard for a line to get in a rhythm of blocking and chipping with running backs/te's when you're getting the same thing every time. Look at our GD linebackers. They are absolutely PUTRID. Most teams when a QB breaks through the dline there is linebackers waiting to help out. Not ours. Most teams have linebackers that help in the run game. Ours get blocked 10 yards downfield then miss the tackle. I'm not saying the dline is preforming close to expectations, but you have to really watch what is truly happening, and watch how other teams play. 

I am also tired of hearing about Chase Young. He had .5 sack and 11 PRESSURES. And how many missed holds? I saw at least 3. Also forced a should have intentional grounding, no idea how it wasn't? So gtfo here with the he isn't doing anything. Quite frankly, where has Jon Allen been? Daron had a good game against the bills, but how about the other games? Montez has had a couple games he's flashed. Someone said he's giving 30% effort. HA, what's the rest of the line giving then? 5%?

I haven't seen a single person complain about Chase Young today or last night. 

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Defensive Secondary PFF ratings vs Bears

Benjamin St-Juste - 62.7
Darrick Forrest - 61.3
Kamren Curl - 60.5
Percy Butler - 45.7
Kendall Fuller - 43.6
Danny Johnson - 38.4
Emmanuel Forbes - 32.0

The ratings should be worse.  Not only did they get beat like a drum all night, they failed to tackle.  It is almost like they had money on the game.

And do you think the whole no linebackers strategy is working?   Lets just have lots of position flex Strong Safety like players instead.  Rivera's whole defensive philosophy from dline back has been a disaster.  And just because we have talented D line doesn't mean you never add extra rushers.  I am also of the players failing to execute and not being disciplined.  At some point you have to look at the scheme.  JDR's scheme obviously does not work or is too hard to teach.

• Like 1

This offseason reminds of 2016 & boy was I wrong about that one too. In May/June I thought we had a good offseason bc I thought Barton would be at least equivalent if not better than Holcomb. I thought Wylie was a huge upgrade and I liked our draft. 

Much like 2016 I was wrong. Worst offseason in 7 years! Rivera & crew can’t be fired fast enough!

• Like 1