GDT Week 5: Eagles(4-0) @ Rams(2-2) - Trip out West... Hopefully not a Trap?

AZ_Eaglesfan

Just now, Danger said:

We've been getting beat on the quick passing a lot more than I'm comfortable with this year.

I think you'd have to go back to the Billy Davis days to find an Eagles defense that didn't play so far off. But as far as dealing with motion, stacks, bunches, it has been a problem the last two years at least. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hopefully Fletch is okay. One week he was on there for ribs, then last week it was knee, and this week is back. I'm not sure if he really has all those areas hurting or they're just using something as an excuse to sit him out of practice lol.

Welp.... guess it wasn't just an excuse to have him miss practice lol.

I'm okay with giving Cox a week off. Maybe we could get more snaps from Carter this week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think you'd have to go back to the Billy Davis days to find an Eagles defense that didn't play so far off. But as far as dealing with motion, stacks, bunches, it has been a problem the last two years at least. 

The Billy Davis years weren't a comforting time defensively either though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Billy Davis years weren't a comforting time defensively either though.

Not at all, least creative DC this side of Juan Castillo, but we were mainly a man-man defense back in those days. So, soft zone wasn't as common for us as it has been for the past eight years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Not at all, least creative DC this side of Juan Castillo, but we were mainly a man-man defense back in those days. So, soft zone wasn't as common for us as it has been for the past eight years. 

Gotcha and BTW... Slay on his pod tried explaining why they ran such soft coverage (although he only really spoke on it in regards to the last drive of regulation):

Go to 10:50 if it doesn't take you there immediately.

He also said he forgot the down and distance on that 4th & 2 play where he was like 10 yards off the line... lol smh. That series made me so mad. Went from getting a sack on 1st down and incomplete on 2nd down to make it 3rd & 17 then let them get the 1st down. That drive in general was frustrating.

21 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is what worries me for this week

McVay is really good at utilizing stacks/bunches, so hopefully that's something Desai and the defense is correcting for.

Sometimes you gotta play back but it annoys me how often they do it. Yeah, they are preventing long plays but instead it’s “death by 1000 cuts”. Gannon was the same way, although I do prefer desai. Desai needs to learn when to mix things up for specific situations 

I’ve asked this question so many times but why is it so difficult to embed tweets? I’ve tried some suggestions that were made, it doesn’t seem to work. Kinda makes me not want to post tweets unless I need to show my source

26 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

Sometimes you gotta play back but it annoys me how often they do it. Yeah, they are preventing long plays but instead it’s “death by 1000 cuts”. Gannon was the same way, although I do prefer desai. Desai needs to learn when to mix things up for specific situations 

It's more like "death by 5 cuts" for us. 

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It's more like "death by 5 cuts" for us. 

Has there been a lot of fast scoring drives for the opposing offense? I could be wrong but I think it’s usually 10+ plays per scoring drive. There’s been some fast drives but I think that’s typically been the exception this year.

3 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

Has there been a lot of fast scoring drives for the opposing offense? I could be wrong but I think it’s usually 10+ plays per scoring drive. There’s been some fast drives but I think that’s typically been the exception this year.

This year I can remember the Vikings, Bucs and Cummanders having one when they are strapped of time. Could be wrong.