Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

NinerNation21

Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

1 hour ago, N4L said:

what is a "development throw"? lol

He has no clue.

It's crazy because these guys are professionals but yet he CLEARLY couldn't see that the Ravens were in a shell defense, keeping everything in front of them and not allowing anything remotely deep or over-the-top. So what shots were there to take?

He's still butthurt that Purdy is 2-0 against them.

So, if you can't do it, might as well enjoy the fruits of somebody else's labor.

That's why that team isn't going to have any kind of success as long as these are their so-called team leaders.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He has no clue.

It's crazy because these guys are professionals but yet he CLEARLY couldn't see that the Ravens were in a shell defense, keeping everything in front of them and not allowing anything remotely deep or over-the-top. So what shots were there to take?

He's still butthurt that Purdy is 2-0 against them.

So, if you can't do it, might as well enjoy the fruits of somebody's else labor.

That's why that team isn't going to have any kind of success as long as these are their so-called team leaders.

Not only 2-0 but was told they were soft leading up to that game and proved it on the field. And several times since against any team that wasn't a "tomayta can" to borrow a phrase from Chris Brousard.

Full disclosure, the OP has been lukewarm at best in regards to Brock Purdy as the future of the franchise. Fair enough. Although I've noticed his criticism of Purdy ramps up when Purdy has had a bad game, but for the good stretches he's been pretty quiet in terms of offering praise. That doesn't seem fair lol. Anyway, just a funny tweet that adds more fuel to the fire to the odyssey that is Glock13. We can't control the chaos, we can only hope to understand. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

23 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Full disclosure, the OP has been lukewarm at best in regards to Brock Purdy as the future of the franchise. Fair enough. Although I've noticed his criticism of Purdy ramps up when Purdy has had a bad game, but for the good stretches he's been pretty quiet in terms of offering praise. That doesn't seem fair lol. Anyway, just a funny tweet that adds more fuel to the fire to the odyssey that is Glock13. We can't control the chaos, we can only hope to understand. 

I agree with the guy who replied saying that the stats are skewed because we often have not had to continue to push the ball in the 4th quarter of games. Purdy has been extremely efficient for the vast majority of the season. 

Jessie posting that shows a very clear lack of understanding of what is taking place on the football field. It is like those stats "when X team runs for 200 yards they win 100% of the time". Yeah, they win games when they run, but the fact they are winning the game leads to more running, which skews the numbers. Just like QBs who throw for 300+ dont have the winning percentage you would think, because they often times had to throw more because they were losing. That is football stats 101 imo.

Suggesting that anytime Purdy needs to throw 30 times that he sucks is just such a "casual" viewpoint that it really turns me off to his opinion about anything in general (I am using casual in the derogatory sense of the word). Dude is legitimately a Grant Cohn wannabe, and we all know how much I f ucking hate that sniveling pimple. 

Anyways - Purdy is still the same player he was before the ravens game. I first liked the guy because of the mindset he brought to the table. His mindset is what gives me confidence that he will shake this bad game off and come out firing from the opening drive this week against washington. 

One thing I am wondering, given that this is his first full season, will he maybe hit a little bit of a rookie wall? This is the longest he has played football in his life considering he only stepped in against MIA in early December last year. We are officially to that part of the year where normally this type of thing happens. 

Need that bye week like a baby needs its momma's t!tty 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

I agree with the guy who replied saying that the stats are skewed because we often have not had to continue to push the ball in the 4th quarter of games. Purdy has been extremely efficient for the vast majority of the season. 

Jessie posting that shows a very clear lack of understanding of what is taking place on the football field. It is like those stats "when X team runs for 200 yards they win 100% of the time". Yeah, they win games when they run, but the fact they are winning the game leads to more running, which skews the numbers. Just like QBs who throw for 300+ dont have the winning percentage you would think, because they often times had to throw more because they were losing. That is football stats 101 imo.

Suggesting that anytime Purdy needs to throw 30 times that he sucks is just such a "casual" viewpoint that it really turns me off to his opinion about anything in general (I am using casual in the derogatory sense of the word). Dude is legitimately a Grant Cohn wannabe, and we all know how much I f ucking hate that sniveling pimple. 

Anyways - Purdy is still the same player he was before the ravens game. I first liked the guy because of the mindset he brought to the table. His mindset is what gives me confidence that he will shake this bad game off and come out firing from the opening drive this week against washington. 

One thing I am wondering, given that this is his first full season, will he maybe hit a little bit of a rookie wall? This is the longest he has played football in his life considering he only stepped in against MIA in early December last year. We are officially to that part of the year where normally this type of thing happens. 

Need that bye week like a baby needs its momma's t!tty 

Oh I know. It's just funny (I think) to spotlight a trainwreck perspective like that from someone with an axe to grind. At least every once in a while. Like a worse version of Steven Ruiz, but at least that goon is getting paid for his nutty takes at the Ringer, and he has to know it at this point. 

7 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Can Purdy still get Second Team All-Pro?

I think Jackson/Prescott is set for the all pro teams. Purdy gave the spot up off the brutal Ravens game. Too big of a stage to have that sort of gsme unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Jackson/Prescott is set for the all pro teams. Purdy gave the spot up off the brutal Ravens game. Too big of a stage to have that sort of gsme unfortunately. 

How can Purdy go from MVP front runner to being leapfrogged by Dak for 2nd Team All-Pro? That doesn't make sense. Dak has **** the bed against more top dawgs this season. 

8 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

How can Purdy go from MVP front runner to being leapfrogged by Dak for 2nd Team All-Pro? That doesn't make sense. Dak has **** the bed against more top dawgs this season. 

I mean it's not like Dak wasn't the favorite just a few weeks ago. Dak had a similar game against us but overall he's been great and will get 2nd team all pro. Heck, some may try to vote Allen over Purdy. 

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it's not like Dak wasn't the favorite just a few weeks ago. Dak had a similar game against us but overall he's been great and will get 2nd team all pro. Heck, some may try to vote Allen over Purdy. 

Yeah, that was BS then lol. It's just because Dak plays for the Cowboys. 

Purdy had a much harder schedule, and played better against top dogs. Especially on the road. Dak has zero quality road wins this season. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There may not be a second team all pro. If all 50 vote for Lamar, which is reasonable, the second team QB would just be vacant. 

That said, I agree that if there is a second team QB, it's going to be dak