Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

NinerNation21

Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

22 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

This drive was so fun to watch live. When he made that throw to aiyuk and the one after to Conley you just knew they were scoring a TD on the drive. The fact he didn’t have a great game and was able to drive and win the game too says a lot. I will never understand all the hate he gets. 

Edited by NinersFan4Life

3 hours ago, NinersFan4Life said:

This drive was so fun to watch live. When he made that throw to aiyuk and the one after to Conley you just knew they were scoring a TD on the drive. The fact he didn’t have a great game and was able to drive and win the game too says a lot. I will never understand all the hate he gets. 

I don't get it, but If we look at the Brock Purdy story like it's a movie, I feel like the hate makes the movie better.  He is like a double underdog now.

What an awesome drive, every pass was perfectly placed.

21 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I don't get it, but If we look at the Brock Purdy story like it's a movie, I feel like the hate makes the movie better.  He is like a double underdog now.

What an awesome drive, every pass was perfectly placed.

dumb-and-dumber-hear-no-evil.gif

Edited by GW21
That’s quoted wrong, but you get the point.
  • Like 2

Brock Purdy, Dak Prescott, & Lamar Jackson Total Yds, Total TDs, & Total TOs (passing & rushing):

• Dak:     4,758 yards, 38 TDs / 10 TOs
  • Lamar: 4,499 yards, 29 TDs / 9 TOs
  • Purdy:  4,424 yards, 33 TDs / 11 TOs

By these numbers, Dak is the MVP lol. 

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Brock Purdy, Dak Prescott, & Lamar Jackson Total Yds, Total TDs, & Total TOs (passing & rushing):

Lamar nor purdy played in week 18 though. 

Dak is definitely a worthy candidate but the award is going to Lamar.

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lamar nor purdy played in week 18 though. 

Dak is definitely a worthy candidate but the award is going to Lamar.

I think I'm having trouble getting over the MVP of league having pretty mediocre stat production this year. This was going to be the case with any of the candidates this year, but Lamar's numbers are pretty weak next to almost every past MVP. 

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

His problem was he played bad in almost all of his big games. The only one I would say he didn't was his 2nd Philly game. 

9 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

His problem was he played bad in almost all of his big games. The only one I would say he didn't was his 2nd Philly game. 

Dak played well vs the Dolphins, Eagles and Lions.

I don't think it is accurate to say he played bad in almost all his big games. Only games he was bad in was against the Niners and Bills. The latter had bad conditions and Allen himself was only 7-15 that game. 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dak played well vs the Dolphins, Eagles and Lions.

I don't think it is accurate to say he played bad in almost all his big games. Only games he was bad in was against the Niners and Bills. The latter had bad conditions and Allen himself was only 7-15 that game. 

I'd disagree about the lions, he essentially had the same game as Brock just had against the packers with two exceptions. 1. a 95 yard td that would have been a safety if not for the flag football rules that the nfl has enforced on defenders. edit: and Lamb broke like 5 tackles on his way to the endzone, he made that play 2. He wasn't as far off as Brock due to the issues with the rain, however he actually did have a horrible interception.

The dolphins game he was meh the whole time.

Edited by Ftn49

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I'd disagree about the lions, he essentially had the same game as Brock just had against the packers with two exceptions. 1. a 95 yard td that would have been a safety if not for the flag football rules that the nfl has enforced on defenders. edit: and Lamb broke like 5 tackles on his way to the endzone, he made that play 2. He wasn't as far off as Brock due to the issues with the rain, however he actually did have a horrible interception.

The dolphins game he was meh the whole time.

I mean how can you take away that play though? Lol, and Lamb didn't break any tackles on the 90+ yard TD. Not sure if you are referring to another TD of his? 

Defenses get paid too. You are not going to have a great game against every single team. Against the Dolphins he finished with a 100+ QB rating and more importantly, was super clutch on the last drive. He did his part. 

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean how can you take away that play though? Lol, and Lamb didn't break any tackles on the 90+ yard TD. Not sure if you are referring to another TD of his? 

Defenses get paid too. You are not going to have a great game against every single team. Against the Dolphins he finished with a 100+ QB rating and more importantly, was super clutch on the last drive. He did his part. 

Possible I'm thinking of one against Miami where he broke the tackles, and if people can take away Brock's plays because of Deebo or CMC, I feel no reason not to do the same for Dak.

His last drive against Miami was good, I agree. 

Just now, Ftn49 said:

Possible I'm thinking of one against Miami where he broke the tackles, and if people can take away Brock's plays because of Deebo or CMC, I feel no reason not to do the same for Dak.

His last drive against Miami was good, I agree. 

I mean the arguments against Purdy are stupid as well but I just did not agree that Dak was bad in all his big games. He needed another moment or two in those games but largely he was fine. 

Jackson just ended the season great and the Ravens were a juggernaut and blew us out on Xmas. That is the only reason Jackson is the MVP over Purdy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the arguments against Purdy are stupid as well but I just did not agree that Dak was bad in all his big games. He needed another moment or two in those games but largely he was fine. 

Jackson just ended the season great and the Ravens were a juggernaut and blew us out on Xmas. That is the only reason Jackson is the MVP over Purdy. 

Dak seems to have a lot more garbage time stat pads that other QBs do not have, he has been outright horrible in some of his games but has made up stats by either pouring the coals on after a blowout or getting those garbage time stats.  His bad games are so much worse than games purdy had, at least Purdys poor games were against good teams.  He had sub 5 yards an attempt in two different games and only had two road games of more than 8 yards an attempt.  

I do like Dak and want him to do well, but he is not an MVP.   

Purdy had 3 games at or bellow Daks average game.  I am not arguing for Brock to be MVP anymore but he is much more deserving than Dak.

8 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

and Dak - 590 attempts 55 rush, Lamar 457 attempts 148 rush, Brock 444 attempts 39 rush.

Dak has pure bulk stats and does not separate from competition and does not pass the eye test.  Lamar changes how defenses can play against the ravens and they still do not stop him.  Purdy has elite efficiency stats and is being held back by people pointing at Daks bulk stats.  

The funny thing is that Cousins probably wins this if he does not get injured.