Week 5 GDT: [MNF] McRaiders v Packers - The one where we need to smarten up

big_palooka

How hot is that seat getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do we feel about the McRaiders this week?

• Raiders rally, get a much needed win at "home"
    • Raiders come in unprepared and it's another nail in the coffin?
    • Just tank baby?

Just now, big_palooka said:

This offense could not be any more boring. 

Get Mayer going with 2 nice catches, then don't have him on the field in the red zone? Make it make sense. 

It's like JMD just overthinks all of this. 

yeah... dont think jimmy is this bad, as i didnt think carr was lst year either. 
like staley, its tough to not at least contemplate the idea that JMD holds our O back. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

I took it as him mentioning the people holding the opposing Os back, instead of our D stopping them. 
QB the most important position, but others can ruin a team. Staley is a very fair argument supporting that. 

See above post. How's Staley holding back the Os? Kellen Moore is the OC. 

@ronjon1990 just didn't want to mention Herbert because it didn't fit the narrative. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm telling you Ziegler's guys are better than JMD's coaching. Mayer has looked really good in limited time. You're scheming more touches for Deandre Carter than Adams and Mayer. Think about that.

Agree. I saw enough of Mayer at ND to feel confident anywhere else he'd have Porta-like production. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

@ronjon1990 just didn't want to mention Herbert because it didn't fit the narrative. 

Staley hired Kellen Moore and still makes a lot of Offensive decisions. 

That said, I'm not surprised that you wouldn't have a clue what a HC does given your constant defenses of Josh McDaniels. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Agree. I saw enough of Mayer at ND to feel confident anywhere else he'd have Porta-like production. 

Like I just don't get it. He didn't tailor the offense for Carr. Now I don't even know that he's tailoring it for jimmy. We barely do quick-hitting stuff either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

time management, constantly going for it on his 30 (essentially flipping field position) come to mind quickly. 
football again team game. 
when you go for it on your 25, and get stopped, the other team essentially gets points, and kicks off and you back at your 25. 
if you punt, and stop them, you may get the ball back near mid field. 

Herbert is a great QB, but chargers O put up what 24 on us so we held em 3 less then their average after they lost their WR. id say williams is a 3 point difference. 

our D hasnt been tested by great Os yet. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

time management, constantly going for it on his 30 (essentially flipping field position) come to mind quickly. 
football again team game. 
when you go for it on your 25, and get stopped, the other team essentially gets points, and kicks off and you back at your 25. 
if you punt, and stop them, you may get the ball back near mid field. 

Herbert is a great QB, but chargers O put up what 24 on us so we held em 3 less then their average after they lost their WR. id say williams is a 3 point difference. 

our D hasnt been tested by great Os yet. 

He doesn't understand the fundamental difference between an OC and a HC. 

He's proven that time and time again when he talks about Josh McDaniels