Week 5 GDT: [MNF] McRaiders v Packers - The one where we need to smarten up

big_palooka

How hot is that seat getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do we feel about the McRaiders this week?

• Raiders rally, get a much needed win at "home"
    • Raiders come in unprepared and it's another nail in the coffin?
    • Just tank baby?

yodohyrn563l9qu3p2k8

Here we go. Week 5 in the saga.

This is not a good matchup for. The Packers are healthy for the first time, coming off a 10 day break. Jimmy G is likely back, but the Packers rank 3rd in pressure rate. Their secondary can play, but will have to deal with Adams who I'm sure would love to get after his old teams. 

Packers gave up 5 sacks to the Lions. But should be better situated to deal with this front 7. Aside from Maxx, nobody is stepping up here. 

The Packers are vulnerable against the run, but the Oline is giving Jacobs nothing to work with. 

Key to victory in this one is simple. Have to play disciplined football and come in prepared. Something McDaniels team hasn't shown they are capable of thus far. The crowd will be probably 70% Packer fans. Silent counts at home coming again. Can Davis continue to ignore the angry fans or do we all need to smarten up?

Edited by big_palooka

I think we look more competitive this game and the offense looks much better. This is Watson’s first game fully healthy though. I think he has his coming out party. Love and Watson light us up and something like 32-27 Packers. Adams and Jacobs carry the offense, and AOC looks a lot better. Packers make a defensive stand to end the game. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Key to victory in this one is simple. Have to play disciplined football and come in prepared. Something McDaniels team hasn't shown they are capable of thus far.

This is what I want to see. I want to see us looking prepared and disciplined and all on the same hymn sheet.

Id like to see AOC again but I fear Garoppolo will be back. If he is he has to play better, simple as that. 

It would be nice to see Wilson continue to take small steps and I’d like to see something from Young or Silvera at DT, a flicker of life along the DLine, maybe Koonce can continue to develop.

It would be nice to win but I want to see development realistically, show us what we’re aiming for McDaniels, give us a glimpse at what your vision for this team is please. 

• Like 1

well, lose this and season officially over right, like even JMD And MD would know at 1-4, in the AFC youre out unless you go on a great run (we arent good enough too).
We lose, hello top 5 draft pick pleaseeeeeee. 
We win an ugly low scoring game, my nightmare. 
We have a dominate win - itll be fun to watch, and maybe ignite something in the team.

Unfortunately at 1-3, I dont believe we have a shot. But for the players, coaching etc, you know they are saying at 2-3 anything can still happen. 

If I see smart, disciplined football, with a great plan of attack, and we look functional, even though itll mess up draft pick, ill be happy. 

• Like 1

I don't know what to make of the Packers right now. 

They beat up on Chicago, but that's not saying much. 

They lost to Atlanta in wonky fashion. 

They beat the Saints who look like a 7 win team, but their D looks pretty solid. 

They lost to Detroit, but we all know my opinion on the Lions. 

Are the Packers trending upwards with Love and affection following the departure of their Achilles Heel? Are they a mid team capable of beating bad teams but not good ones? Does Davante fly home with them in disgust after the game- both at the state of our team and the WR situation there? 

I'd say the game is winnable on paper, but so was Pittsburgh, and they jumped out to a lead on us and pretty well coasted home. 

With Chicago being the Packers' beatdown thus far and the fact Chicago is already penciled in for the first pick, we should at least get a feel for where we're at competitively. 

I think the mutiny has already begun though and there is no preparing for games anymore. Our pillars are pretty much openly fed up and it would take a miracle at this point- I'd almost say keep McDaniels, because I almost get the feeling our guys would churn out a few wins without him.