We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

56 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Cooper DeJean will bust.

If he plays for Barry, yeah. Jokes aside, I think his floor is Micah Hyde. As we saw with Hyde, we'd use him in the exact wrong way and he'd be labeled a bust only to have a resurgence somewhere else.

Also jokes aside, I wouldn't take him until about 20th overall. I don't think he's as promising as a lot of people think he is. I don't actually think he's going to be some elite ball hawk. I think it's a possibility, but not an expectation.

I see him as a legitimately safe pick. Worst case scenario he's capable of having a Hall of Fame special teams career (if special teamers went to the Hall of Fame).

He's not worth a top ten pick. I'd struggle taking him top 15 even. But if I was sitting at 16th overall, I'd have to have someone I had a top 10 grade on to pass on DeJean.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacReady said:

If he plays for Barry, yeah. Jokes aside, I think his floor is Micah Hyde. As we saw with Hyde, we'd use him in the exact wrong way and he'd be labeled a bust only to have a resurgence somewhere else.

Also jokes aside, I wouldn't take him until about 20th overall. I don't think he's as promising as a lot of people think he is. I don't actually think he's going to be some elite ball hawk. I think it's a possibility, but not an expectation.

I see him as a legitimately safe pick. Worst case scenario he's capable of having a Hall of Fame special teams career (if special teamers went to the Hall of Fame).

He's not worth a top ten pick. I'd struggle taking him top 15 even. But if I was sitting at 16th overall, I'd have to have someone I had a top 10 grade on to pass on DeJean.

agree with most of this re: DeJean, except his ceiling is Micah Hyde, not his floor...he could be a good player and have a long nfl career.  I think he's another in a kind of long run of Iowa defensive players that people fall in love with because of their college production (in the context of Iowa's defensive structure) but only produce kind of middling in the NFL-think Epenesa, Josh Jackson-there are more but i'm not looking them up, and Josy Jewell is just one step better at Denver-

and all of these guys are fine players, but not guys you would want to spend high draft capital on

I think there's a chance the tank is buried next week. Steelers are 5-3, but their offense is woeful, #30 overall. In 8 games they have 7 TD passes and 6 INT's. Their ground game is averaging 3.7 YPC. Should be a low scoring game the Packers have a good chance of winning if they protect the football.

24 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think there's a chance the tank is buried next week. Steelers are 5-3, but their offense is woeful, #30 overall. In 8 games they have 7 TD passes and 6 INT's. Their ground game is averaging 3.7 YPC. Should be a low scoring game the Packers have a good chance of winning if they protect the football.

If the Packers jump out to an early lead like this week they will win.

If the Steelers get out to a TD lead at any point there is no chance this offense regains the lead against that defense.

• Like 1