We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Man there really isn't any benefit other than more trade down value to being at 11 vs 16. Alt and Fashanu will be gone, the top CBs are a horse a piece between Arnold, McKinstry and Wiggins, too early for Kinchens, DeJean, Fuaga, Latham at 11. Really the value there is if you want an EDGE or WR as you can probably get WR3 and EDGE2 there at 11, and not 16.

So not the end of the world to win 2 more based on our needs.

I would take Latham at 11 and possibly Fuaga even though it would be a slight reach at 11/12 just because of our need at OT.

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

We have a lot of bigger problems than quarterback right now.

If your QB can't do basic things like set his feet and throw a simple out, there really isn't another problem that matters. Love misses layups. Throws that even the bad QBs make. The kind that gave Baker Mayfield his perfect day today. 

Absolutely fire Barry, of course. That should have been done a long time ago. But Love is the thing that's most alarming about the last two weeks.

4 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

If your QB can't do basic things like set his feet and throw a simple out, there really isn't another problem that matters. Love misses layups. Throws that even the bad QBs make. The kind that gave Baker Mayfield his perfect day today. 

Absolutely fire Barry, of course. That should have been done a long time ago. But Love is the thing that's most alarming about the last two weeks.

For his issues, he was 29-39 for 284 yards and 2 passing TD.  He played better than Patrick freaking Mahomes did.  I guess Kansas City should get rid of Mahomes too.

So...assuming the scores hold (and no surprises), the top draft pick crew is rooting of the following:

Panthers over Packers (double whammy)
Falcons over Colts
Titans over Seahawks
Jets over Commanders
Bears over Cardinals
Raiders over Chiefs
Giants over Eagles

Assuming all those results, the Packers would move up to either 5 or 6 depending on the SoS difference between them and Chicago.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For his issues, he was 29-39 for 284 yards and 2 passing TD.  He played better than Patrick freaking Mahomes did.  I guess Kansas City should get rid of Mahomes too.

Love has none of the history that gives Mahomes the benefit of the doubt when Mahomes plays poorly. Come on. It's possible to have a discussion without bringing this to dumb places. 

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

Yes...the footwork and the whole lower body of Jordan Love needs work. Can this be improved over the course of the offseason IF he is willing to put in the work...YES. Will it ever be his strength...maybe not. The rest of what you look for is there.

I'd tell him at the end of this season "its all there for you, but the fundamentals MUST improve significantly this offseason". We'll get you a coach to help you but its up to you to do the work everyday. He's shown enough this year to get that second season, but he can take the next step by improving his lower body fundamentals. 

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

Love has none of the history that gives Mahomes the benefit of the doubt when Mahomes plays poorly. Come on. It's possible to have a discussion without bringing this to dumb places. 

I'll go ahead again, and ask at what point was Love the issue in today's game?  I must have missed when Love allowed Baker Mayfield to carve up our secondary like a Thanksgiving turkey.