The Good, The Bad, The no Caleb or Drake...

Totty

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Jimmy wouldn’t have survived the 7 sack Mack game lol come on lol and he would’ve tossed at least 2 ints. 

we win the chargers game if jmd gives it to jj on the goaline 

Jimmy would not take 6 sacks from Mack. He's smarter than that. He gets the ball out quick and can move. AOC stood there patting the ball and inviting the pressure. He's a rookie, it's expected. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Jimmy would not take 6 sacks from Mack. He's smarter than that. He gets the ball out quick and can move. AOC stood there patting the ball and inviting the pressure. He's a rookie, it's expected. 

Yea you right he looked real smart vs pitt lol

13 minutes ago, Packers2021 said:

Hey Raider fans in your observations how do you see the Packers finishing the season?

Looking at the schedule, of the winnable games I see:

Broncos, Steelers, Giants, Panthers, Vikings (2x), Bears 

With Aaron Jones coming back, taking some pressure off Love they should win 5 of these. I fully expect Love to have better days. 

The other games:

Rams, Chargers, Lions, Chiefs, Bucs

And they sneak one upset out of this group. 

I'd put them firmly in 7-8 win territory. Question is, what does the team need? And how long of a leash does Jordan Love get if he's struggling late?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea you right he looked real smart vs pitt lol

Yawn... you get the point. If you really think a vet QB is going to stand there and take the sacks AOC took, then that is your prerogative. 

Jimmy sucks, but he still smart enough to throw the ball away. 

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Looking at qb play around the league, is anyone going to argue that Jimmy isn't a bottom 5 starter rn? I can think of so many backups I'd take over him, Minshew and Brissett included.

Hell I even think Mac Jones would look way better in this offense this year than Jimmy does.

Careful man. Don't think for a second JMD wouldn't go after him if he's available. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

With Aaron Jones coming back, taking some pressure off Love they should win 5 of these. I fully expect Love to have better days. 

The other games:

I'd put them firmly in 7-8 win territory. Question is, what does the team need? And how long of a leash does Jordan Love get if he's struggling late?

I doubt he gets much, tbh. He's had 3 bad weeks in a row and just isn't clicking. Sean Clifford is sort of like AOC for us- probably not the long term answer, but might be better than the QB going put there and playing. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I doubt he gets much, tbh. He's had 3 bad weeks in a row and just isn't clicking. Sean Clifford is sort of like AOC for us- probably not the long term answer, but might be better than the QB going put there and playing. 

He got Watson back. Will get Jones who makes that offense go. Things should get easier for him. He's first year starter, he's going to have some bumps in the road.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

He got Watson back. Will get Jones who makes that offense go. Things should get easier for him. He's first year starter, he's going to have some bumps in the road.

And that's his limited leash. 

He's a 1st year starter but isn't a rookie, yet he's making rookie mistakes. 

Trey Lance hit bumps in the road (and fell and skinned his knee a few times) and was quickly and unceremoniously supplanted by a less heralded guy in Purdy. 

I've watched GBs last 3, and Love ain't it. He doesn't even have the injury bug argument Lance may have had for a bit. That he's this unprepared this far in raises red flags. 

Now, selfishly, I hope GB doesn't feel that way yet. I don't think they're particularly far ahead of us as far as offensive rosters go, and maybe just a bit ahead defensively. I can see a situation where we pick AFTER GB, so I sure as heck hope they want to give Love another year instead. 

But where the rubber meets the road, Love was, and remains, a bad 1st round pick. 

18 minutes ago, Packers2021 said:

Hey Raider fans in your observations how do you see the Packers finishing the season?

That was my first real view of the Packers this year honestly. I do think the pass rush should be good, Kenny Clark I love and Gary and Smith are a great combo. Jaire Alexander is an elite corner so defence should be solid and they’ll keep you in games but that offence we saw looks bad. 

Now, Watson is a good player and Jones and Dillon are a great RB combo and I’d thought the OLine was workman like if not good (caveat being our pass rush is Crosby alone). Similar to us, the QB seems to be a major issue and LaFleur seems to be limiting and toning down what he’s calling due to Love’s reading of the game and issues. I think it shows just how good Rodgers has been and he’s probably compensated for a few issues which have been festering. 

With regard the Packers record, the NFC North looks a very winnable division with the Vikings and Bears looking vulnerable and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the Lions look the class of the division. I think from my limited observations that it’s a battle for second in that division and I think the Packers can possibly win that but I think all those teams are pretty close. I don’t think the Bears are as bad as they are being portrayed and the Vikings have the best QB from what I’ve seen. Maybe all three will be between 5-12 and 8-9 and I see the Packers being a 6 or 7 win team similar to the Raiders. Maybe Love matures though and if he does, they’ll be competitive. Honestly, from that showing he looks like a bust to me though sadly. 

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The other games:

We need WRs and a better O line. I think our defense is good but Joe Barry is a terrible D coordinator. He has to go. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That was my first real view of the Packers this year honestly. I do think the pass rush should be good, Kenny Clark I love and Gary and Smith are a great combo. Jaire Alexander is an elite corner so defence should be solid and they’ll keep you in games but that offence we saw looks bad. 

Now, Watson is a good player and Jones and Dillon are a great RB combo and I’d thought the OLine was workman like if not good (caveat being our pass rush is Crosby alone). Similar to us, the QB seems to be a major issue and LaFleur seems to be limiting and toning down what he’s calling due to Love’s reading of the game and issues. I think it shows just how good Rodgers has been and he’s probably compensated for a few issues which have been festering. 

With regard the Packers record, the NFC North looks a very winnable division with the Vikings and Bears looking vulnerable and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the Lions look the class of the division. I think from my limited observations that it’s a battle for second in that division and I think the Packers can possibly win that but I think all those teams are pretty close. I don’t think the Bears are as bad as they are being portrayed and the Vikings have the best QB from what I’ve seen. Maybe all three will be between 5-12 and 8-9 and I see the Packers being a 6 or 7 win team similar to the Raiders. Maybe Love matures though and if he does, they’ll be competitive. Honestly, from that showing he looks like a bust to me though sadly. 

Colin Cowherd said Love is too afraid to thrown downfield. Lafluer doesn’t trust him throwing downfield either. We’re in deep trouble. I guess we’re due after 30 years of success. We’re spoiled.