The Good, The Bad, The no Caleb or Drake...

Totty

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think that is the problem so much as he can't open it up because he doesn't trust the QB he choose to run it. The Oline is a problem, but Jimmy G is limiting this offense. He should have 2-3 other balls picked last night. He has nothing on them. That duck to a wide open Mayer was pitiful. 

how can you say this, when in the other thread you told me you though Jimmy wouldve won us the charger game? 

This is exactly why i want to see AOC. . . he can run the full play book. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

People in this thread complaining and bitching about a win..........simply don't watch then, or go support another team. I don't give a flip about draft position, I want my team to win every week. Pathetic attitude.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

👏👏👏👏👏 JUST WIN BABY

The Caleb Williams hype has gone to every fans bases heads this season. If you're not one of the contenders, fans want their teams to tank. Winning cures a lot and creates momentum. Draft position is just that, position. You can move up from there if you want to get your guy.

That said, my expectations go up with a win. Looking at the schedule, I want to see a nice streak and put them in the conversation in Nov. If they follow this up with a flop against a floundering Pats team, then it was all for nothing.  

I've never really been one to tank for draft picks, because at the end of the day the draft is a crapshoot. The last time we got the #1 overall pick it was a disaster.

Then you look at Bryce Young (very early days of course), Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Zach Wilson. Nothing is a guarantee when you take a young QB.

I want my team to win. Argued the same thing as you guys for years. But I think a fair long term outlook is that we're never going to be serious contenders with this coaching staff, and it's fair to want shot of them. Which unfortunately means you have to lose some games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I mean, you might be right that he doesn't trust the offense to execute properly- in fact, the number of trick plays like flea flickers and end arounds that we've started doing recently are probably testament to that. Thing is, though, McDaniels built this offense. Pursued this QB. Stuck with the OL that most could see was an issue.  Extended a guy in Renfrow that he has no intention of using.

The whole thing is so, so disjointed. And this was supposed to be the one area where McDaniels excelled.

Instead, the low talent defense is bailing him out. I agree with you that Patrick Graham actually deserves some credit here.

107 mil spent on offense and it's pathetic. JMD owns that. Jimmy G was a desperation signing when Brady retired and he has to live with the results. 

He clearly doesn't trust Jimmy G. QB sneak on 2nd and 1. Throwing horizontal passes from the 7 instead of taking shots to the end zone. He has no answers with Jimmy G at QB. JMD can call an offense and scheme guys open, but it's plain as day he's throttled it all the way back to accommodate his QB and the result are what we are seeing. 

Adams was a deep ball maven last year. He's relegated to a slant merchant now. It sucks to bad to see someone with his talent playing small ball. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

how can you say this, when in the other thread you told me you though Jimmy wouldve won us the charger game? 

This is exactly why i want to see AOC. . . he can run the full play book. 

AO4 has a better arm. His decision making, pocket awareness and ball placement are rookie tier. He took to many sacks, turned the ball over and almost got Adams injured.

Just because he has the arm to run the play book, doesn't mean he can actually execute it. He might develop into something but he's not the answer right now. 

I said Jimmy G wins the Chargers game, because he doesn't take 7 sacks and fumble twice in the pocket. Simply because he has the seasoning and awareness AO4 lacks. 

If you want an overall summary of this - The QB room sucks and the offense will suck with it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:
1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

People in this thread complaining and bitching about a win..........simply don't watch then, or go support another team. I don't give a flip about draft position, I want my team to win every week. Pathetic attitude.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

👏👏👏👏👏 JUST WIN BABY

The Caleb Williams hype has gone to every fans bases heads this season. If you're not one of the contenders, fans want their teams to tank. Winning cures a lot and creates momentum. Draft position is just that, position. You can move up from there if you want to get your guy.

That said, my expectations go up with a win. Looking at the schedule, I want to see a nice streak and put them in the conversation in Nov. If they follow this up with a flop against a floundering Pats team, then it was all for nothing.  

I've never really been one to tank for draft picks, because at the end of the day the draft is a crapshoot. The last time we got the #1 overall pick it was a disaster.

Then you look at Bryce Young (very early days of course), Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Zach Wilson. Nothing is a guarantee when you take a young QB.

I want my team to win. Argued the same thing as you guys for years. But I think a fair long term outlook is that we're never going to be serious contenders with this coaching staff, and it's fair to want shot of them. Which unfortunately means you have to lose some games.

That's a fair point for sure. Most here want rid of the coaching staff and I can see why they'd think that.

For me, and it's being optimistic for sure, but just imagine a scenario like this which I think is plausible:

We scrape a few wins, even fortunate undeserving wins, and suddenly we start to gain a bit of confidence. We have a nice run of winnable games and Garoppolo pulls his head out of his backside and we start being average to decent on offence. I think we can realistically finish something like 9-8 and maybe scrape into a playoff berth given the right conditions. Our rookies like Bennett and Mayer have shown flashes and they'll learn and improve throughout the year. Wilson starts to show some improvement late in the season and Young or Silvera flash potential. Now, we obviously get beasted in the playoffs and knocked out immediately.

QB is a weakness but RB is very strong. WR is possibly best in league and TE looks promising. Oline could do with a few recruits I feel, Miller is good and Parham and James are serviceable.

Crosby at DE is elite and Wilson has potential for sure and Koonce has shown flashes. DT is a massive question mark and liability at present. LB looks fine for me if we bolster in front. Really pleased with DB play considering and Hobbs, Bennett, Long, Hall, Amik are a fine bunch but we may need a #1 if Peters continues to look erratic. Fine with Epps and Moehrig at safety.

We do have a lot of free agent $$ and a full rack of picks plus a couple 7th rounders and future picks. Maybe we can add a RT in free agency and a CB. DTs rarely come up but we should get depth and maybe add another DE as depth. That leaves us primarily looking at QB and DT in the draft. I'd basically trade all my draft capital if we can get an impact DT and QBoTF. If we finish 9-8 we'd have a mid 1st round pick to trade up from but we have next years pick and maybe we can get something out of Renfrow and Garoppolo if he bucks up his ideas. 

Basically, I see us being able to turn this thing around quickly and build on what we've got if we make smart decisions and put our necks on the line in the draft. Now, whether I trust the current regime to do that is another matter...................

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This.

All these guys wanted Carr gone because we were stuck in neutral and mediocre with no chance to draft a QB.  

Now we have a chance to do so by riding this crappy season into the ground and those same guys are saying take a break or just win baby.

Nope, you hypocrites can take the break.  This team is the worst team we have had since 2018 when Gruden took over, and that was on purpose. 

I had hoped I was wrong about this team, but I wasn't.  We are a mediocre team who will win somewhere around 6 games at best and place us right where you all said you didn't want to be.  SMH

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This. 

I don't want the Raiders to be losers. I want McDaniels and his crew of merry men gone. 

We need a QBOTF. That much, nobody can argue. 

The last time Josh and his crew drafted a QB round 1, they picked Tim Tebow. The last time they were associated with a round 1 QB, they picked Mac Jones (I say associated, because I'll give that Bill probably had final ultimate say). 

I don't trust that they are good enough in the shouting department to make a good QBOTF pick. And I don't think Josh is go-getter winner HC. I think he reeks of "Sh*t, I really hope this works" mentality. 

The last thing I want to see is a dud rookie QB. Second to that, I don't want to see a rookie QB strapped to a perennial 6-7 win HC for the bulk of his early career- which Josh looks to be. 

There are things that can be explained- the D still being pretty bad in the front 7, for example. We've used pretty much nothing to address it. 

Then there is the inexplicable- why has seemingly everything on the offensive side of the ball regressed so badly? Why is the scheme so blatantly bad that we see stretches where guys aren't used at all? The decision-making is inexplicable- Renfrow is a nonfactor, the TEs are barely used, going for a long FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1 or just punting, not calling a TO before the break and prior to the punt. 

I have no faith that Josh can actually right the ship. A lucky win over a Jordan Love QB'd Packers team down their best offensive weapon and several key defenders doesn't show me anything. But it keeps Josh employed and gives his supporters a reason to be the loudest voices in the room. A loss yesterday, maybe Mark smartens up. A win, Josh can lose at least 2 more in a row now before the heat turns back up. At what point do people start demanding trades- and do we lose them so a clear as day lame duck HC and GM can try and keep their jobs a bit longer?  At some point guys are just going to quit on this guy. I'd rather it be week 5 or 6 than week 15 or 16 and have it bleed over into next season. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

👏👏👏👏👏 JUST WIN BABY

🤸🏽‍♂️🤸🏼🤸🏼‍♀️Just last week you was yelling “just tank baby” keep it real homie 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

AO4 has a better arm. His decision making, pocket awareness and ball placement are rookie tier. He took to many sacks, turned the ball over and almost got Adams injured.

Just because he has the arm to run the play book, doesn't mean he can actually execute it. He might develop into something but he's not the answer right now. 

I said Jimmy G wins the Chargers game, because he doesn't take 7 sacks and fumble twice in the pocket. Simply because he has the seasoning and awareness AO4 lacks. 

If you want an overall summary of this - The QB room sucks and the offense will suck with it. 

Jimmy wouldn’t have survived the 7 sack Mack game lol come on lol and he would’ve tossed at least 2 ints. 

we win the chargers game if jmd gives it to jj on the goaline 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Aidan settled down in the 2H. The 1st half he was a rookie deer in headlights, held on the ball too long.  2H he did some nice things down the field we haven’t seen from Jimmy. Got rid of the quicker.  I’d like to see how he could build upon that 

• Like 2

Good: 

Defense - all around solid performance

Jacobs finally had a good game on the ground

Spillane

Crosby defensive player of the year

AJ Cole with awesome coffin corners

Amik's vertical... crazy hops on the interception.

Mayer getting involved in passing game.

Bad:

Jimmy G's inability to make downfield throws. Defenses sitting on crossers and underneath routes

Left guard getting beat a lot. 

Pass and run blocking

Marcus Epps leaving Christian Watson wide open downfield and miscommunication with Amik on that play.

Lack of targets to Adams. There were some plays where he was open downfield but Jimmy took the quick pass instead. Pass pro wasn't great.

Ugly:

Josh McDaniels' decision making. Can someone explain to him when you should kick a FG and when you should not? lol. He kicks a FG down 8 with 2 minutes left. And then kicks a FG when we're up by 4 with 5 mins left in the game on 4th and 1. 

Edited by RaisinBran
  • Like 1