2023 Week 6 Bye Week Thread 3-2 Steelers

Steeler Hitman

State of The Steelers After 5 Games  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You See the Steelers After the Bye Week?

• We are 3-2 and trending up!
    • We are 3-2 and trending down. We are in trouble going forward.
    • This team is so Jekyl/Hyde, I have no clue.

31 minutes ago, 43M said:

100%.   Forgot about that.   Never liked him much, although I thought he could be better.   Never worth that trade up, though.

Im trying not to go with the luxury of hindsight....just what made sense at the time.

Justin Jefferson wouldve been nice, but we couldve kept our pick and gotten someone worse.   And if every team had luxury of hindsight....JJ would be top 5.

And absolutely no one wanted Jalen Hurts back then...and Im not convinced he'd have the same success here.   I think he'd be in a similar boat as KP.

Yes, alot of meaningless wins over the last few years that have only hurt us.  I never root for us to lose....but lets be honest...

I didnt want Etienne and still dont.   He wouldn't be having the same success hete.   Terrible run blocking and no threat of a pass game.   Hard pass on any RB early.    The only one worth a first round pick for the past few years was Bijan IMO.

I get that stuff. Like I said in other responses, it’s more going into the draft needing positions put you in a bad place and how having the luxury or not needing to for a position could have played out. 

A better summation for my thought is I rather have a bust because they weren’t good and you didn’t need them to contribute early so you have time to correct the mistake (Ziggy Hood) than absolutely needing the guy to start early and they best (all those picks pointed out). One of those sets you back a year, the other sets you back half a decade at minimum. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

Its sad that this just feels like a wasted season, as expected.

We will likely finish with 8 to 10 wins, most being rather unimpressive victories, and either miss the playoffs or make it and get tossed immediately (which is probably the worst thing that could happen) .    I would likely be okay with that had we made the changes that everyone in their mother knew we needed to make going into the season...but due to egos and incompetence (and maybe something else), everything about this season just feels like we are...dare I say it???....spinning tires.

Im not the biggest fan of KP, and we need alot of talent on offense, but it would have been so nice to get an OC in here to implement his system and maybe see if he can work with Kenny and his issues, and then MAYBE see some progress going into 2024 and then add talent to the mix.

But no....we have to keep watching this shizshow and we will have learned and gained little to nothing going into 2024, and will be basically in the same position we were last year.

I dont know.    Im just tired of it.   I can handle losing and not always being on top, but the complacency and sheer incompetence in what should be the simplest decisions is what really gets to me and makes me not want to watch.    Literally, the only thing that excites me on a week to week basis is watching TJ Watt.   Everything else is a ******* slog.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

I would likely be okay with that had we made the changes that everyone in their mother knew we needed to make going into the season...but due to egos and incompetence (and maybe something else), everything about this season just feels like we are...dare I say it???....spinning tires.

I’ve posted a few times but since 1983 the Steelers have altered duties to a coordinator exactly 1 time. I know guys like Dulac love to point out that Tomlin has full authority to change stuff but historical data says otherwise. Hell Cowher wasn’t allowed to fire Ray Sherman in 98 til after the season!