Do we see another NFL dynasty in the making like the Patriots or more parity?

Championshiporbust

40 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Please. Comparing the NBA to the NFL? Where you can buy a team in the offseason and one significant addition accounts for 20% of your team's performance?

There have been 8 instances in the NFL of repeat champions. No team has ever won it thrice in a row.

In the NBA, that's happened 14 times even if you don't count any of the Celtics' championships. Four times a team has accomplished a three-peat, again without the Celtics. It's clearly much easier to achieve a "dynasty".

Well yeah, 5 starters compared to 22. That's why there aren't traditional dynasties in the NFL just great runs by franchises. Browns won 4 straight in the AAFC, it's not the same as the NFL though. If you include it with the NFL titles they won 7 championships in 10 years. Not a dynasty (were an AAFC dynasty) but a heck of a run.

44 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Please. Comparing the NBA to the NFL? Where you can buy a team in the offseason and one significant addition accounts for 20% of your team's performance?

There have been 8 instances in the NFL of repeat champions. No team has ever won it thrice in a row.

In the NBA, that's happened 14 times even if you don't count any of the Celtics' championships. Four times a team has accomplished a three-peat, again without the Celtics. It's clearly much easier to achieve a "dynasty".

Exactly. Celtics won every title there was to win the 60's. In the 70's the  Celtics and Knicks both got 2 a piece which is the weakest decade for dynasty's in the NBA. The 80's saw the Lakers win 5, the Celtics win 3, and the Pistons win 2 as the decade turned. The 90's obviously had Jordan's Bull's win 6. In the 2000's the Lakers won 5 and the Spurs won 3. So far this decade Lebron won 3 on the Heat and Cavs while the Warriors won 2 and there's a 100% chance those forces make the finals again this year so we are gauranteed someone's getting 3 this decade. 

24 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

You misread the thread title.

Oh God.....

No, I responded to your post.Theres  Nothing more annoying than a control freak, over fun time trivial topics.

At ease, soldier lol.

There will be another as evidenced by the fact the Pats weren't the first or the only one,or even the best at it.See that? Get that ? It does relate. Have a nice day :)

Just now, lancerman said:

The answer to the thread is that it's impossible to know know for sure in the absence of a dynasty. The Steelers lost 3 AFCCG's to the Pats. They easily could have picked up another 2-3

I feel like the thesis to this line of thinking is the 90's Bills. Wrong place/wrong time, running into the Redskins (3 Super Bowls) Giants (2 Super Bowls) and Cowboys (3 Super Bowls). 

Just now, MWil23 said:

I feel like the thesis to this line of thinking is the 90's Bills. Wrong place/wrong time, running into the Redskins (3 Super Bowls) Giants (2 Super Bowls) and Cowboys (3 Super Bowls). 

Wilt Chamberlain would be so far ahead of Jordan right now if he didn't keep running into Russell's Celtics. If Ali didn't exist we are talking about how incredible Joe Fraizer was.

In football the questions are:  If the Patriots didn't exist what is Peyton Manning's legacy? Does he get a couple more more rings in 2000's without the roadblock and maybe some more number one seeds. Do the Colts ditch him in 2010 after his surgery or does he stay there being a multiple time champion? Do the Steelers bury any distance between themselves and other franchises with going anywhere from 7-9 potential titles? Does it put Ben into that super elite spot? Does McNabb become a HOF QB with a ring? Do the Chargers get their first Super Bowl ever and do they become a mini dynasty in 06 and 07? Does that make Rivers a HOF player. Does that mean we get the fated Rivers vs Eli Super Bowl we were denied? How is the GSOT remembered? Can they keep going or do they still fall apart. With a win over Manning and Brady how is the Legion of Boom remembered? Do they get on that 70's Steelers and 85 Bears level of Super Elite defenses for having such an accomplishment? How many members of that defense and Russell Wilson become HOF'ers off that alone? 

12 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

hadn't heard of him... just did a quick search and that's quite amazing

+1

You should be taken outside the woodshed for never having heard of the Wizard.  That's like not knowing who Vince Lombardi is.  ;)  

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

You should be taken outside the woodshed for never having heard of the Wizard.  That's like not knowing who Vince Lombardi is.  ;)  

i live in australia man - i'm one of the englightened few to know who lombardi is!

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

Why do you hate the Patriots so much? Why does it consume you?

Excuse me? What? That's  not a personal remark. They have been in national news in a negative  light the entire time.i'm just quoting history. Lol sports doesn't consume me. It's nothing more than tv entertainment I could ultimately  care less about.

I have friends in Oceanside Ca. Near fires.That actually consumes me...

8 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Teams before the 70s don't hold as much value.

What? They literally went 5 of 7 in the World Series between 96 and 09 while posting the greatest regular season ever for a baseball team.

Archived