Week 6 GDT: Ravens vs Titans in London

deeluxx3

Not sure I will offer anything new, but from my prospective Willis looks overwhelmed. Yes, everyone was beat immediately and there wasn't much he could do downfield...but he, and Tanny for that matter, don't seem to have a feel for when the line is caving in. The play calling is equal blame in my opinion because we have guys with their back turned 14 yards down field while he is getting sacked, with only a RB in the flat for a check down.

I have expressed my displeasure with the scheme too many time to count...we literally never have open crossers, open guys in the middle...it seems like the OC doesn't realize what we all know to be true, we have a bottom 10 Oline. My wife/family often comment how we make every yard look so difficult to gain...they are all KC fans so...

Willis looks out of his depths and frozen in fear of turning the ball over. I assume when he came in Vrabel said not turning the ball over is his only priority...so he sees everyone as covered and doesn't trust throwing them open. Levis may be just as bad, but we know Willis is that bad so what's the point in not even trying something else. I think if willis does start there will be a short leash if he won't cut it loose. 

Bottom line is we are bad and we need to find out if we need to go QB next year again and the only way to do that is see what we hav in Levis because we are not building around Willis. If Levis looks promising we can go for weapons to put around him...then if he falls off next year we have weapons and can address the QB in draft/FA.

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

is that really good news? Just freaking play the young guys and quasi tank. This team is not built to win thanks to the previous GM. No need to run Tannehil out anymore, no reason not to see what Levis has. 

Yeah not really "good news." Just news. 
I'd reather see Levis

• Like 1

What sucks is, if the replacement QB comes in and plays well for 2-3 games...makes no difference, Vrab's will put Tanny back out there as soon as he can limp effectively. Then the rest of the year RT will have several games where he re-aggravates in the 2nd half and the backup will come in and look like garbage because he didn't get 1st team reps. 

Que the Debbie Downer Gif...

1 hour ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

What sucks is, if the replacement QB comes in and plays well for 2-3 games...makes no difference, Vrab's will put Tanny back out there as soon as he can limp effectively. Then the rest of the year RT will have several games where he re-aggravates in the 2nd half and the backup will come in and look like garbage because he didn't get 1st team reps. 

Que the Debbie Downer Gif...

i don't think this is actually true. if willis or levis play well and win games they will almost certainly remain the starter. vrabel wants to win above all else. however, i don't expect either of them to actually do that.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i don't think this is actually true. if willis or levis play well and win games they will almost certainly remain the starter. vrabel wants to win above all else. however, i don't expect either of them to actually do that.

Yea. I fully expect Vrabel to do whatever it takes to win the next play. Cutting the team short now for the future is not apart of a single blood cell in Vrabels body. Whoever it is Vrabel thinks gives us the chance to win now he will play. That dude doesnt give one eff about lining himself up through the draft.

Tannehill not producing enough to win may bring us to a young guy if he feels that way, but I fully expect him "play the guy who gives us the best chance to win."

Playing the guy he believes gives us the best chance to win is exactly why I know he will go back to Tanny no matter what...because Vrabel certainly believes RT gives us the best chance to win. The line will be...if either other guy plays well it will be because the team played better not due to improved QB play whether that's true or not. 

I do agree...I don't think either will provide some sort of spark due to better QB play, and if we go 2-0 or 2-1 it will be because overall increased team play/returning players. Vrabel would never say the QB was the difference even if it clearly was.

I truly think every coach hates to "promote" a guy to a starter, because it reflects poorly on them in the first pace for not seeing it and starting the back-up in the first place. I see it at every level and it's rare a coach does make a change. I am beyond shocked it only took 5.5 games to change LT's this year when last year we had to live with the same old hot garbage all year. Truth is he may go back to Dillon out of the bye because he earned the starting spot...and NPF was just slightly effective, mostly in the run game.  

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

pretty lame from Jeff imo

edit -- Odell is also wack for playing dirty. Wack situation all around. Head hunting after a butt whooping tho...ok.

jeff should focus on putting together a season where he doesn't disappear halfway through

• Like 2