GDT Week 6: Ravens and Titans @ London

wackywabbit

22 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

They have been and it has not really been effective

Nah, bring out that jumbo package with Ricard and Gus. Ravens like getting too cute instead of pounding the rock.

I missed the first half came in about 10 mins left in the 3rd. Ravens just feel like two different teams right now. Great in the first half and absurd in the second half. Harbaugh gotta coach 'em up. Get that silly look off his face and demand some adjustments from the offensive side of the ball.

All in all, a win is a win is a win. I'll take it. Lamar, King of the North back where he belongs... at the top!

13 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think if we go for a RB it should be someone who is a versatile bellcow, who can run up the middle or catch passes. Jabobs or Saquan please. 

Doubt the Raiders trade Jacobs when they're .500/McDaniels seems like he's on the hot seat. As for Saquon, I don't think we'd give up the draft capital necessary to make that deal unless we planned on extending Saquon and I just can't see that being our plan given his own injury history.

Someone like Moss would give us a boost for this season while still keeping the decks clear for EDC to draft a RB early next year which I think is the real Dobbins succession plan. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Doubt the Raiders trade Jacobs when they're .500/McDaniels seems like he's on the hot seat. As for Saquon, I don't think we'd give up the draft capital necessary to make that deal unless we planned on extending Saquon and I just can't see that being our plan given his own injury history.

Someone like Moss would give us a boost for this season while still keeping the decks clear for EDC to draft a RB early next year which I think is the real Dobbins succession plan. 

Yeah unfortunately the Raiders are decent enough not to sell off Jacobs. If we trade for Saquon it would be a rent-to-own kind of deal, so it wouldn't involve high draft pick. I'm not sure how much Moss really upgrades the group, that's why I don't know if it is worth it. 

39 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yeah unfortunately the Raiders are decent enough not to sell off Jacobs. If we trade for Saquon it would be a rent-to-own kind of deal, so it wouldn't involve high draft pick. I'm not sure how much Moss really upgrades the group, that's why I don't know if it is worth it. 

Yeah I think this partly just comes down to how one views Moss. Personally I've been impressed with him this season and I also have concerns about Gus -- he still shows good vision but he looks a step slower and it just looks like he's working way too hard even to generate 3 or 4 yard gains. In terms of the RB committee, I feel like we're well covered between Hill and Mitchell in terms of a certain profile of back but we don't have someone who can reliably run between the tackles with power and basically give us the kind of reliability that I used to count on Gus for -- to me Moss gives us that.

With the Colts re-signing Taylor and Richardson likely out for the year, I think the Colts will likely be willing sellers so there's more of an opportunity here to make a deal without having to part with meaningful draft capital. 

I'd be fine with an addition at RB, but I'm still in favor of boosting the defense before the deadline.

Traditionally you get better bang for your buck with defensive trades, and we could add a piece that puts us in rare territory. Chase Young, Aaron Donald, etc. Adding a name CB would be smart as well. There's a lot of options out there. 

29 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I think we’re okay at RB. Just need to let the quarter billion dollar man sling it more. Running Gus up the middle for 2 yards 10 times is not it. 

This was the first game I've seen of Gus where I actively did NOT want him to get more carries. He just wasn't effective against that defense.

48 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This was the first game I've seen of Gus where I actively did NOT want him to get more carries. He just wasn't effective against that defense.

Yup. Was just stubborn. Also please mix in some 10+ yard passes on first down. 

23 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm good with seeing what Keaton Mitchell has to offer. In tandem with bringing in another back of course. I'd rather not see Hill get too involved with the offense. He has the same vision and instincts and he did as a rookie. So add two more options and subtract one to get a real committee going. Not sure there's one guy out there that can be had and be "the" guy.

Good win overall. Can't wait to see the game next week. That should be an entertaining one. 

I don’t know how you can honestly say hill doesn’t have better vision than he did. To me it’s clear something clicked for him last year and he’s making much better cuts and finding open space as opposed to early in his career when it seemed like he was always running in to tackles. Dude is much much better than he was early on. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

I don’t know how you can honestly say hill doesn’t have better vision than he did. To me it’s clear something clicked for him last year and he’s making much better cuts and finding open space as opposed to early in his career when it seemed like he was always running in to tackles. Dude is much much better than he was early on. 

Yes, he is definitely better at it than he was before. I don't think it (vision) is a strength yet though.