Week 7: Browns @ Colts. A Game Day Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Let’s feel things out a bit  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s gonna complain the most this week, regardless of outcomes, facts or circumstances?

• MWil, the up and comer complainer extraordinaire
    • Scrabble, the battle tested and experienced vet
    • Mike, because if he was GM we’d have Dorse GM, Baker, Jamo, DT Davis, Andersun and 100,000,ooo
    • A random boomer who only pops in once every 4 months to rant
    • The dynamic duo of LGB and DawgX complaining about the complainer’s complaints
  2. 2. Who wins?

• Whoever gets to ride Minshew’s mustache
    • Horny
    • Killer mike
    • Huh?
    • Colts
    • Browns

14 hours ago, DawgX said:

Think you just made @Bonanza23's year.

Truthfully this is the friendliest board to post on.

Even debates with Moderators improve the comaradie. 

Me and mind character still enjoyed the thoughts presented. 

Bruce who will never post to me again 

Really enjoyed the thoughts presented. 

• Like 1

You can’t believe how many of y’all are so negative after a win

something is mentally wrong with this fanbase

Appreciate a win however we got it. 

We literally had a season where we didn’t see one win, and it wasn’t too long ago. Have some perspective and look at the positive. Damn!!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We literally had a season where we didn’t see one win, and it wasn’t too long ago. Have some perspective and look at the positive. Damn!!!!

I think we all appreciate the win the officials gifted us, but I’m not gonna brush aside the elephant in the room right now.

If Watson doesn’t get his **** figured out we’re in deep ish.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We didn’t give up 3 firsts and a quarter billion guaranteed for being 31st in offense and almost last in turnovers while the defense carries us. That’s nonsense dude.

• Like 2

If he was a bum out there and it looked like he was super engaged from the side line with what’s going on, he was in front of the camera in the middle of the week, I’d be a bit more lenient about his play/injury as why he sucks. As of now, though every sign is pointing to him committing the biggest heist in NFL history. I sincerely hope I am wrong but there isn’t a single positive sign to look to other than looking three years in the past at his 4-12 final season in Houston. I don’t even see a guy who wants to be here. I get it, he has been getting smacked around by the fans since he’s been here but that’s to be expected at every destination with the baggage he brought. Sack up dude and at least look like you want to be there even if on the sideline. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If he was a bum out there and it looked like he was super engaged from the side line with what’s going on, he was in front of the camera in the middle of the week, I’d be a bit more lenient about his play/injury as why he sucks. As of now, though every sign is pointing to him committing the biggest heist in NFL history. I sincerely hope I am wrong but there isn’t a single positive sign to look to other than looking three years in the past at his 4-12 final season in Houston. I don’t even see a guy who wants to be here. I get it, he has been getting smacked around by the fans since he’s been here but that’s to be expected at every destination with the baggage he brought. Sack up dude and at least look like you want to be there even if on the sideline. 

So this is the stuff that fans keep saying but teammates and staff continue to refute, even unprompted.

PJ commented this week or last about how helpful Watson was in his prep.

Im not saying he is or isn’t anything, just that this narrative is pushed almost entirely by folks who would really have no idea (fans) and refuted by those would.

He’s a guy who’s well liked by his teammates and was in Houston too.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So this is the stuff that fans keep saying but teammates and staff continue to refute, even unprompted.

PJ commented this week or last about how helpful Watson was in his prep.

Im not saying he is or isn’t anything, just that this narrative is pushed almost entirely by folks who would really have no idea (fans) and refuted by those would.

He’s a guy who’s well liked by his teammates and was in Houston too.

Most of the time teammates defend or even go out of their way to prop up their teammates in the limelight. In fact, it’s pretty taboo to do the opposite. I’m going to believe my own eyes on this one until he gives me visual evidence that suggests a different perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Most of the time teammates defend or even go out of their way to prop up their teammates in the limelight. In fact, it’s pretty taboo to do the opposite. I’m going to believe my own eyes on this one until he gives me visual evidence that suggests a different perspective. 

I don’t mean guys defending when asked, I mean just offering up praise for him as a teammate.

like, he’s why Clowney wanted to sign here last season.  If he was a lazy *** I’m not sure people who would have seen it first hand would be doing that.

Again, he very well may be but this is really only a narrative that’s heard from fans who already didn’t like the guy if we’re being honest.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t mean guys defending when asked, I mean just offering up praise for him as a teammate.

like, he’s why Clowney wanted to sign here last season.  If he was a lazy *** I’m not sure people who would have seen it first hand would be doing that.

Again, he very well may be but this is really only a narrative that’s heard from fans who already didn’t like the guy if we’re being honest.

Clowney has proven to be a me-first dude quite clearly right? I’m not shocked at all those two personalities resonated with each other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Isn’t everyone me first to some degree at the pro level?

This is their job, not Remember the Titans.

So you are cool with the antics Clowney showed at the end of last season? Or the way Watson burned things down in Houston even before the accusations? If you are, I guess that’s your opinion. I’m not really seeing the movie connection you’re trying to make as the inverse to that behavior. 

Just now, NateDawg said:

So you are cool with the antics Clowney showed at the end of last season?

Man in hindsight?  Sorta???  😂. Joe Woods just looks next level incompetent right now.  I can’t pretend like I’d personally do real well having both F you money and an incompetent boss.  

im not saying he was right, but im saying I understand lol.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Or the way Watson burned things down in Houston even before the accusations? If you are, I guess that’s your opinion. I’m not really seeing the movie connection you’re trying to make as the inverse to that behavior. 

Tbh I don’t know all of the circumstances around Watson in Houston.  I know their ownership groups hasn’t been great according to ET.  Sorta like here during the Hue/Pettine years.  When a player says “**** those guys” to our organization it’s sorta hard for my default to not be “well what did Haslam do now?!?”

I think players expect a level of competence from the teams and owners, it’s a 2 way street in reality amongst those involved but many fans only want it one way.