Week 7: VIKINGS (2-4) vs 49ers (5-1)

swede700

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

Obviously didn’t expect this showing. Emotional wins need to be followed up so hopefully KOC gets the guys down from the high as fast as possible. Least yr beating bills, was followed with a stinker vs Cowboys if i recall. 

Glad i started/stacked Cousins and the best rookie WR in the draft tonight

Green Bay next week, right? The Packers aren’t really riding high right now and Love looks bad so might also be a good time to put them away. 

What a phenomenal game from the Vikes all around. Addison is a beast already, such a great 1-2 punch with Jettas. Cant wait to have him back healthy and get these 2 going together.

Cousins was lights out all night. Not sure how he wasnt sacked all night, especially that 1st down throw to Addison late in the game. Speaks volumes to how well the O-line played tonight. Just wish we could get the run game going a little better.

Big game from Hock, was much needed. And Powell and Osborn with some great plays to move the chains as well. Exactly what this team needed.

And the D tonight was outstanding! They came up big time and time again. Was a little worried with the O not scoring TDs in the red zone, but when we needed it the most they made the big plays. We absolutely cant get rid of Hunter now, need to find a way to keep him for awhile longer. 

Just makes you angry when you see a game like this and know that we lost to the Bucs, Eagles, Chargers, and Chiefs the way we did. Need to take advantage of the dip in strength of schedule coming up and stack more wins together. Firmly in the hunt for the playoffs and the division.

SKOL!!!! 

• Like 6

Give Kirk Cousins his flowers. Cousins has been (often unfairly) maligned as a quarterback who is good enough to give his team a chance to win, but has never been a guy who can go win them a key game. Consider that opinion indefinitely suspended after Monday night. Cousins was fantastic, finishing with a stellar line of 35 of 45, 378 yards, two touchdowns and one interception that was ripped from the grasp of his intended receiver. He routinely found outlets when under pressure, never panicking and avoiding making a crucial mistake. He spread the ball among nine different targets, and even found ways to keep the offense moving when both Jordan Addison and T.J. Hockenson briefly exited the game due to injury. And because of his play, the Vikings were able to build enough of a lead to keep the 49ers at bay.

Cousins probably should have tossed another touchdown or two, but the two he did complete -- plus a handful of Greg Joseph field goals -- were enough to score a massive upset win, and perhaps change the narrative of the Vikings, who have now won three of their last four.

NFL.com

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How was the defense able to slow down the run? I expected them to get pushed around.  Did they play more of the big guys up front?

I don’t think the 49ers tried to run the ball that much, only 16 Carrie’s by running backs, which is very curious. It likely had something to do with McCaffery’s injury, but I’m surprised they only gave one carry to a different running back. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga

I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
Kirk, you just don't realize
What you do to me

When you pass well
Like you did tonight
You let us know
Everything's alright

I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
That you're an MVP

Passes as crisp as bacon
Its taste is on my mind
Kirk, you got me thirsty
For another playoff run

Got a bug from you, dude
But I don't need no cure
I just stay a fanboy
If I can for sure

All the good love
When you're on the field
Keep it up, dude
Yeah, you like that now

I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
That you're an MVP...

Good job! You haven't done this in awhile!!

• Like 3