State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

you guys inventing a vrabel/ran power struggle out of thin air are ridiculous. jon robinson ran a tight ship when it came to leaks/rumors- nothing got out. it’s been clear since he was hired that ran does things differently and lets all kinds of things get to the press. all of these trade rumors are just more of that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

you guys inventing a vrabel/ran power struggle out of thin air are ridiculous. jon robinson ran a tight ship when it came to leaks/rumors- nothing got out. it’s been clear since he was hired that ran does things differently and lets all kinds of things get to the press. all of these trade rumors are just more of that.

maybe there isn't a power struggle, but there were plenty of leaks/rumors during the JRob era

Clowney rumors

Tanny outperforming Mariota in practice rumors (came from national media/Russini first and foremost)

Julio trade rumors

Jrob spoke a bit to the press about AJ prior to trade...believe the last thing he said before draft was he didn't intend to trade him. but smokescreen is smokescreen

I don't know if there is or isn't a power struggle. Found it interesting that RC was nowhere to be found after the Byard trade. The professional dynamics between the 2 are still a little fuzzy from a fan perspective

It doesn't make sense for them to be at odds. But the leaks are either them both playing and manipulating the media or them at odds. 

I think they both are playing the media. 

But if Vrabel wants out I won't complain. It's whatever now. 

If Henry is gone it's all over, as far as this generation of Titan football. And starting over won't hurt my feelings. 

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If we trade Derrick, I get it. With Levis starting, I don't necessarily agree with it. But I get it.

I just resent how dirty we'd do him by telling him we don't plan on trading him, just to trade him. That's bad business and bad juju.

Idk. It would be a bit shocking to me if we did at this point. Idk why, but yesterday actually makes it feel more likely he may even come back after this season. Who knows tho.

I just doubt we are gonna get any picks worth trading him for. 

That's a questionable report imo.

Titans just beating the Falcons, and with the best offensive performance of the season, makes it hard to think they'd trade Henry for so little now.

A second round pick, if someone offered it, I'd believe.  That's potentially a quality starting player.  But the idea that a fourth round pick would be something they'd entertain the way things look now seems tough to believe.

5 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Uh oh power struggle? Amy getting involved 

for better or for worse...there's a PR element to this that wouldn't exist with any other titan since Mac9. And Amy learned from her father's mistake from when he locked out McNair

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

for better or for worse...there's a PR element to this that wouldn't exist with any other titan since Mac9. And Amy learned from her father's mistake from when he locked out McNair

Agreed.  If true, good move by Amy IMO.  Henry is a popular player, and a workhorse for the offense.  You only trade him if the Falcons game went the other direction.