State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

A meddling owner who overrules a GM on personnel decision is never a good thing. 

Maybe not, but reality is there's a business/brand element to it. PR is a thing. Yes, PR sh__ storms end. But they exist and reverberate to other players.

I wish Amy meddled w/ JRob and the AJ trade. Do you?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Maybe not, but reality is there's a business/brand element to it. PR is a thing. Yes, PR sh__ storms end. But they exist and reverberate to other players.

I wish Amy meddled w/ JRob and the AJ trade. Do you?

Sure, because trading AJ was an absolutely ridiculous and stupid move from a football perspective. Not because it was a PR nightmare. 

But also, fundamentally, no. I don’t want an owner that worries about financial ramifications over team best interest. Though I understand that’s wishful thinking.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Sure, because trading AJ was an absolutely ridiculous and stupid move from a football perspective. Not because it was a PR nightmare. 

But also, fundamentally, no. I don’t want an owner that worries about financial ramifications over team best interest. Though I understand that’s wishful thinking.

I think sometimes an owner needs to step in and protect the brand of the organization. Is what it is.

I'm not saying I like it. I'm saying I understand that some things go beyond "what's best for the team" at any given moment.

We don't even know if it's true, FWIW. But imagine how other players would feel about coming here if Sunday AM reports say "Titans inform Henry he isnt being traded" just for him to be shipped for a draft pick Monday afternoon.

Mostly, I don’t believe it for a couple reasons anyways. 1. I doubt we get to the point of agreeing to terms with the Ravens without AAS at least kind of being in the loop. 2. It’s a leak from a mid-level Ravens blogger that serves only to make the Ravens look good (“Hey, we really tried to make a move”) while also making the Titans look bad and create trust issues with the FO. Just feels like a PR fabrication from Baltimore.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Mostly, I don’t believe it for a couple reasons anyways. 1. I doubt we get to the point of agreeing to terms with the Ravens without AAS at least kind of being in the loop. 2. It’s a leak from a mid-level Ravens blogger that serves only to make the Ravens look good (“Hey, we really tried to make a move”) while also making the Titans look bad and create trust issues with the FO. Just feels like a PR fabrication from Baltimore.

there's been a frankly bizarre frenzy among fans these last couple weeks to gin up nonexistent narratives of discord within the titans (vrabel hates ran! vrabel hates levis and didn't even want him! there's a power struggle over keeping guys or selling!) and literally none of it is based on anything real. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there's been a frankly bizarre frenzy among fans these last couple weeks to gin up nonexistent narratives of discord within the titans (vrabel hates ran! vrabel hates levis and didn't even want him! there's a power struggle over keeping guys or selling!) and literally none of it is based on anything real. 

Fans aren’t used to us being talked about this much I guess. Twitter has been goin to war all day today. You knw it’s bad when Jim responds lol

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

Anyone that thinks meathead Vrabel doesn’t love meathead Levis is dumb. 

• Like 1

So what type of comp picks are we looking at this year?

Demarcus Walker?

Nate Davis?

David Long?

Monti Ossenfort? I know Ran got a third for coming here.

We actually may be stacking some draft capital.

Starting to think that is why maybe we held onto these pieces at the deadline.

Gives us a shot at competing and if these players on their last year move on we can get picks anyways.

14 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

So what type of comp picks are we looking at this year?

Demarcus Walker?

Nate Davis?

David Long?

Monti Ossenfort? I know Ran got a third for coming here.

We actually may be stacking some draft capital.

Starting to think that is why maybe we held onto these pieces at the deadline.

Gives us a shot at competing and if these players on their last year move on we can get picks anyways.

I heard none.

Monti isn't a minority. 

Our signings pretty much void our departures.