State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

7 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I hope we don’t lose him but I’m sure he’ll get a shot at OC

I would do whatever I had to do to keep Charles London in the building next year. He's Levis' guy and paramount for his continued development. Losing him would be a pretty big blow for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

We can’t rely on this to happen but it would be big if he was able to secure one of the tackles(or any starting spot on the OL) next season. He has the physical tools and athleticism to become a quality starter. Hopefully this “redshirt year” helps him clean up all the other weaknesses he possesses.

That'd be a dream scenario to get the Pats top 5 pick if we were going to move on from Vrabel. If we hit on two first round picks + the new coach we'd really be in business. 

Regardless of if the Patriots thing is a real possibility or not, I think there's a lot of smoke here around Vrabel's job security. We're in the beginning of November and there's already so much chatter around it being a possibility. Can you imagine how loud the chatter is going to be if we keep losing for the next two months? By that point, he'll be fully on the hot seat, and I'm sure the Patriots rumors will be in full swing.. The local media here along with the fan base will continue to be highly critical of him, and I'm sure even more people will start to call for his job. It's just going to be a tough storm for him to navigate through.

We've seen it here before... Amy isn't afraid to make the tough decisions if she feels like the team isn't headed in the right direction. Once the local media and the fan base starts turning on a coach, that's really hard to come back from. Of course, I think this is all dependent on how the team looks the rest of the year, but if we continue to struggle, I don't think it's a slam dunk that he's back next year. I think Amy will have some discussions with Ran and her brain trust to decide what the best course of action is.

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Thoughts? Potentially a top 5(Pats pick) and top 10 pick(our pick) drastically changes a lot with this team assuming we replace Vrabel with a good HC. The scenario of MHJ with the Pats pick and one of the top OT prospects with our pick…. Oh my lawd

I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t take that lol.. I’ve always felt that Vrabel would coach the Patriots. Everybody always kept saying Ohio state but I always felt the Patriots is where he would end up

Not interested in trading a good head coach for a lottery ticket.

The only thing worth trading a good head coach for is a franchise QB, and it seems we're not going to be needing to pick a QB, so even drafting a Williams or Maye won't be necessary.

Keep together the coaching staff that's developed Levis as much as they have.

I’m a Vrabel guy but I think I’d be ok with trading him for a 1st, especially with where we currently are as a franchise. Gets us potentially a high 1st rounder to select a top quality prospect or trade away for more draft picks. It’d also give us a chance to hire a top offensive mind at HC to grow with Levis, if we choose to go that direction.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Thoughts? Potentially a top 5(Pats pick) and top 10 pick(our pick) drastically changes a lot with this team assuming we replace Vrabel with a good HC. The scenario of MHJ with the Pats pick and one of the top OT prospects with our pick…. Oh my lawd

Whatever is best for Levis. I remain firm in that stance now. 

If it means Vrabel needs to go, so be it.  I don't care anymore. 

Building up and sustaining a QB is all that matters. 

• Like 1