State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

It’s like … where tf do we turn from here? Lol

Vrabel as a coach seems to have just fallen off a cliff. We were 7-3 last year with a joke of a roster (maybe worse than this year) and damn near beat KC in KC on SNF with Malik. He was our great equalizer.

I know we are at a big talent deficit more often than not. But we just get blown up at the LOS on a weekly basis. Is he just checked out? Like wtf man. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the facilities 

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Vrabel as a coach seems to have just fallen off a cliff. We were 7-3 last year with a joke of a roster (maybe worse than this year) and damn near beat KC in KC on SNF with Malik. He was our great equalizer.

I know we are at a big talent deficit more often than not. But we just get blown up at the LOS on a weekly basis. Is he just checked out? Like wtf man. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the facilities 

Seemed checked out today. What little I saw of him, I wasn't a fan of. But in the grand scheme of things, wtf do I know? I'm just going to hope we draft well and that Levis continues to improve without getting murdered back there.

That was unwatchable today. I feel like I didn’t watch an offense play. It was disgusting. 

We are a mess. 

What do we even do if this keeps up? I want to believe Levis is the guy, but if we keep getting games like this and we literally get no proper evaluation what the hell are we going to do. Especially if we have a top 3 pick. 

I am at a loss. Who even knows where to point a finger besides everywhere. Everyone deserves blame.

I just want an influx of talent to the o line and a coach who can make the o line better. 

I could really see us losing pretty much all but one of these final games.

I would be shocked if Vrabel was still here if we look like this the rest of the way.

13 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

That was unwatchable today. I feel like I didn’t watch an offense play. It was disgusting. 

We are a mess. 

What do we even do if this keeps up? I want to believe Levis is the guy, but if we keep getting games like this and we literally get no proper evaluation what the hell are we going to do. Especially if we have a top 3 pick. 

I am at a loss. Who even knows where to point a finger besides everywhere. Everyone deserves blame.

I just want an influx of talent to the o line and a coach who can make the o line better. 

I could really see us losing pretty much all but one of these final games.

I would be shocked if Vrabel was still here if we look like this the rest of the way.

For me. It's without a doubt worth going into next season with Levis as the starter. It's a gamble I think the team has to take. 

What good would drafting a QB really do this team. Either you missing on drafting an immediate impact weapon or immediate protection. 

You traded up to get Levis and I think they believe in him. 

If we suck again next year then go get a QB. 

Levis may not be a franchise guy, we don't know. But he has shown enough to me to be a NFL starter, unlike Malik. 

With that, I believe you keep going with that until you see clear reasons not to. 

Give Levis a season with support. If it ends up like Drew Lock then at least we tried. 

• Like 2

My guess is that Vrabel has another year, AAS made her choice when she chose Vrabel over Robinson.

But this team is going backwards. Last two weeks have been completely lifeless. In our last full season worth of games, we are 3-14. The players aren’t improving and they’re not even fighting anymore.

I don’t know what you do with him. We are in Year 6 and haven’t won a playoff game since his second season. We fired Mularkey for less. 

The Levis question probably answers itself. Barring the ever possible meteoric pre draft rise, this feels like a 2 QB draft class. If we lose enough to be picking that high, it’s probably unlikely that Levis has shown enough to be cemented in  as the future. In which case, if you view either as potential superstars, you have to take them.

More likely, we end up picking between 5 and 10 and Levis shows enough to get another year. You stock up on some combination of OL, WR and TE in free agency and the draft, try to give him a year with at least an NFL caliber supporting cast and then the big call comes in 2025.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

If you're in a position to take a QB and you like that QB better than Levis, then you take the QB.

I just hate the idea of drafting a qb in the first three rounds, three years in a row. Especially when we continue to fail on other draft picks to give him help around him. We continue to like guys and then like another guy again the next year after simply half a season of of play? Idk, just seems like team building malpractice. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

21 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I just hate the idea of drafting a qb in the first three rounds, three years in a row. Especially when we continue to fail on other draft picks to give him help around him. We continue to like guys and then like another guy again the next year after simply half a season of of play? Idk, just seems like team building malpractice. 

Until you know you have a QB, you keep going after one. If we're picking top 3, then it's incredibly unlikely Levis showed enough to overlook a prospect you like better (unless he gets hurt).

I'm all about building the team before a QB. I did not want to trade up for a QB last season because of our lack of talent + the assets needed to trade up for one. However, if you can get him without trading up, then it's different.

I'm not saying we should draft a QB just because. If the front office doesn't see a discernible difference between Levis and Williams/Maye, then we shouldn't draft one of them. But if Ran and the team thinks one of them has a better chance to be a true franchise QB, then you can't pass on them. That would be the malpractice.

51 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, I mean I get it, it's just with the holes on this team, drafting a Zach Wilson would doom us more than most teams.

You can't draft based on fear of missing. If you like the guy as a potential franchise QB more than the unproven 2nd rounder, then you take them.

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Eventually you're going to hit a wall when week after week the only chance you have of competing is your coaches developing some out of this world gameplan that makes a team on the field comprised largely of UDFAs or vets who are on the down turn.

This doesn't absolve Vrabel of any and all criticism, he obviously does things that can be quite irritating. But he didn't forget how to coach football mid way through 2022.

I'm probably the biggest Vrabel supporter left, but I can admit that if he's lost the team(thouhg I have no idea how we go about judging that, I suppose if reports leak out that there's issues we'd know that way) and his message has gone stale then it's time to move on. No different than Philly needed to move on from Reid or Tampa Bay from Dungy or whatever else.

I don't currently have much reason to believe that's happened though. I think the team just sucks. Hopefully Ran continues to have successful off seasons.