State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

I'm predicting Henry won't be back. He might want to, but it's just smart business to move on. 

He is too offensive line dependent. We need to evolve our offense from that style of running. We still can run the ball heavy but just not like that. More like the Niners. 

Why bring back Henry for say $6 million plus. When you can have Spears, Chestnut and a low round draft pick,

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm predicting Henry won't be back. He might want to, but it's just smart business to move on. 

He is too offensive line dependent. We need to evolve our offense from that style of running. We still can run the ball heavy but just not like that. More like the Niners. 

Why bring back Henry for say $6 million plus. When you can have Spears, Chestnut and a low round draft pick,

I doubt he wants to come back, look at it from his perspective; he’s practically building a HOF resume what do TN has to offer him. We’re not a contender & like you mentioned, he’s OL dependent. I think he’s going to a contender & I think that team will be the cowboys.

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Treylons drop today and the year he has had has to have him traded or cut, I juust cant imagine him back. It is really time to cut bait, he is not worth a roster spot imo.

You just don't cut an 1st round pick entering their 3rd year.  With his injuries, he will be given a pass. 
If someone wants to try to trade for him. It is, what it is. 
But if Farley is still on the roster and he has done less than Treylon, I think it's safe to say he will be back. 

He shouldn't stop you from doing anything in draft or FA, but I'm sure he will be here.

I also find it hard to believe that shouldn't be in the league. He has flashed. He is an NFL WR. Not a superstar. May never be. But yeah, just count me as one not ready to toss him out. 

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You just don't cut an 1st round pick entering their 3rd year.  With his injuries, he will be given a pass. 
If someone wants to try to trade for him. It is, what it is. 
But if Farley is still on the roster and he has done less than Treylon, I think it's safe to say he will be back. 

He shouldn't stop you from doing anything in draft or FA, but I'm sure he will be here.

I also find it hard to believe that shouldn't be in the league. He has flashed. He is an NFL WR. Not a superstar. May never be. But yeah, just count me as one not ready to toss him out. 

I think at the very least he needs to be buried in the depth chart. Can not be a guy that is depended on next year. We need to make other plans at WR2 and 3. 

Situation reminds of Jalen Raegor. And Jalen Raegor got traded after his second year. Ill take a conditional 6th for him. 

Dude has had 2 years to show me something and I just aint a believer at this point. That is more than enough time in the nfl.

14 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think at the very least he needs to be buried in the depth chart. Can not be a guy that is depended on next year. We need to make other plans at WR2 and 3. 

Situation reminds of Jalen Raegor. And Jalen Raegor got traded after his second year. Ill take a conditional 6th for him. 

Dude has had 2 years to show me something and I just aint a believer at this point. That is more than enough time in the nfl.

We agree that he shouldn't be a player that stops us from making any moves. 

I'll just counter by saying, he has barely played 18 games. I'm going to use a guy we just played as one example. Just an example not the rule of course but an example. Last year we all were saying "only if Burks was out there." Because he had showed so much promise. 

https://youtu.be/JLgI8Gz_Re8?si=Z32SnjB8V0Vr97gz highlights

Nico Collins, He was an 3rd rounder but:

year 1: 33. 446 1 TD
year 2: 37 481  2 TD
year 3:  71 1102 7 TDs

Now he wasn't hampered by injuries but he wasn't showing to be someone to really want to be your WR. 

As an 3rd rounder he earned grace. I would think an 1st rounder earns even more grace. 
Good example of Raegor. I don't think he had an injury excuse like Burks. I'm not sure. 

I think he gets an another year. From all accounts, he had a great off-season. was making plays in joint practices. 

But we shall see. If he ends up being WR4 so be it. (Draft pick and FA in front of him). 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 1

Thinking about Skoronski, it seems like his technique being so good would have been so much more helpful at LT rather than G. He is going against the bigger guys and just being bullied sometimes bc he isn't strong enough yet (especially after his surgery and him not being able to work out for a couple of weeks) 

A whole year in an NFL weight room should fix that but I think I would have at least tried him out at LT after seeing what we have been putting out there. And I've been one who said ok fine just leave him at G, but thinking about the technique thing, strength, and what we have had at LT this season, I think that might have been the wrong move.

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Not good for Vrabel, but he hasn't beaten any of the new coaches in the division. 
Swept by the new Colts.
Swept by the new Texans
Hasn't beat Pederson. 

He does have a win vs Pederson, though when he was a head coach in Philly in 2018. The classic OT win where he refused to kick the FG and went for the win instead.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

He does have a win vs Pederson, though when he was a head coach in Philly in 2018. The classic OT win where he refused to kick the FG and went for the win instead.

Not as the Jags coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Who are some realistic options in free agency this offseason? Team badly needs an infusion of talent on both sides of the ball. 

We'll have 90 to 100m in cap space, so technically everyone is a realistic option.

I guess from a "who would we go after" perspective, this will be Ran's firsto ff season with real cap space to work with, so guess we'll see. I'd hope looking in to Higgins, Evans if he becomes a FA, etc are all options he explores.

• Like 1