Week #7 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

What makes me feel better about the game is that if we did end up scoring a TD, we know McVay would go for the PAT and Maher would have shanked that kick.

Also I don’t drink or smoke but Maher could drive me to start lol. I just wish the Rams would’ve kept Gay. I get money issues but Gay should’ve been a huge part of the Rams future. The kicking game isn’t fine without Gay. Biggest mistake made in the Les/McVay era and that’s with trading away Woods last season which I thought was a bad idea. 

17 hours ago, Duluther said:

This is an insane amount of **** talk for a team that's losing to Pittsburgh in the second half.

In week 1 or 2, Stlouis4life said, before half time, that LAR will have a top 3 offense. In the second half, they put up 40 yards.

this week, before half time, he said LAR have the most underrated defense. In the second half, they let Pittsburgh of all teams put the game to bed.

I have never known such a cocksure fan in all my life. I’m even envious. In my team’s heyday, I was still more cautious and guarded than this one 😂

next time say you have a terrible team, stl, might work out for you in the second half

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Also I don’t drink or smoke but Maher could drive me to start lol. I just wish the Rams would’ve kept Gay. I get money issues but Gay should’ve been a huge part of the Rams future. The kicking game isn’t fine without Gay. Biggest mistake made in the Les/McVay era and that’s with trading away Woods last season which I thought was a bad idea. 

Believe McVay is having his baby today. We need him to cut Maher first before he gets soft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

In week 1 or 2, Stlouis4life said, before half time, that LAR will have a top 3 offense. In the second half, they put up 40 yards.

this week, before half time, he said LAR have the most underrated defense. In the second half, they let Pittsburgh of all teams put the game to bed.

I have never known such a cocksure fan in all my life. I’m even envious. In my team’s heyday, I was still more cautious and guarded than this one 😂

next time say you have a terrible team, stl, might work out for you in the second half

"Cocksure"??? In my best Keenan and Kel impression lol 

Anyways, I still stand by the potential the Rams offense and defense has. Someone pointed this out that per PER this year the Rams are the 2nd best defense of the 7-year McVay era in DSRS and the 3rd worst offense in OSRS. The team as a whole per SRS is 3rd overall. Now SRS is heavy on point differential and strength of schedule.

So thats amazing to know that under McVay this is the 2nd best defense he has had considering its the youngest and less talented defense he has ever had. Tip my hat off to Morris for coaching his tail off on that side of the ball. The offense should be better bc the stats say it. Stafford is playing some of his best ball but it doesnt show it in games bc the Rams arent putting the ball in the endzone. It doesnt help that Stafford is unlucky with tipped ints and his receivers are like 2nd or 3rd in the NFL in dropped balls. Kupp had back to back drops to open the game up which is not like him. That ruined that drive bc outside of the Niners the Rams are the fastest starting team in the NFL. But in this game against the Steelers they scored no points in the 1st quarter. So just off of what you see the Rams offense should be alot better if they can get a little bit of breaks like the refs not saying Tutu stepped out of bounds against the Bengals when he scored a TD or McVay need to stop completely abandoning the run especially when its working at times. 

And yeah YOU can be cautious and guarded but honestly you should call it like you see it. I knew the Steelers would be tough. Someone got all over me when I said Tomlin is a top 5 coach. But it doesnt change the fact that watching the actual game the Rams were playing like the better team. They just had some miscues mainly with the kicker that let the Steelers hang around, get confidence, and thats why I always say you cant let teams do that. There is a reason Tomlin never had a losing season. He dont let games like this slip away. He win more games like these than he lose them. Rams shouldve won this game comfortably so why be scared to say that?

It's just crazy that the Steelers are 4-2 despite being 31st in yards in offense and 30th in defense.They win almost every close game since 2021 and the opponents so often dominate the Steelers in the first 3 quarter but let the steelers hang in the game for different reasons like the Rams kicker yesterday or the Ravens receivers in week 5 or the 2 defensive TDs vs Browns...

I don't know how long their luck will last since they have won almost every close game since at least 2021...Only 3 wins by more than 2 score since that time and when they lose, it's by blowout

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Believe McVay is having his baby today. We need him to cut Maher first before he gets soft.

Well I know one name he will never name his baby or any other children he might have lol

Seriously, I know teams cut kickers in the middle of the season. I remember the Saints did it after the Rams game back in 2011. They actually benched their LT and cut the kicker if Im not mistaken. But typically I dont know how many times teams cut a kicker in the middle of a season. I just hope if Maher is still on the team that at least he can bounce back bc the Rams are going to need him against his former Cowboys team. Ironically he missed four kicks in a game with them too lol. Exorcise those demons Maher next week. 

3 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

It's just crazy that the Steelers are 4-2 despite being 31st in yards in offense and 30th in defense.They win almost every close game since 2021 and the opponents so often dominate the Steelers in the first 3 quarter but let the steelers hang in the game for different reasons like the Rams kicker yesterday or the Ravens receivers in week 5 or the 2 defensive TDs vs Browns...

I don't know how long their luck will last since they have won almost every close game since at least 2021...Only 3 wins by more than 2 score since that time and when they lose, it's by blowout

I think someone posted a stat about their offense in the 4th quarter compared to other teams and somehow in the 4th quarter their offense becomes actually viable lol

Nothing about the Steelers makes sense this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Maybe the Steelers are this season Vikings lol

All I know is they are winning. This isnt college football where you have to win a certain way to determine positioning. The Steelers just need to continue to find a way to win and thats the only thing that matters. If the Ravens receivers want to drop tons of balls and Maher have a meltdown with the Rams thats tragic. Eventually though the Steelers will need to get a better OC bc Canada isnt it. He was with LSU and wasnt it then and still isnt it now. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Still salty about the ending of the Steelers/Rams game. The refs got it wrong. Took away for a potential great finish. 

I know if the Rams got the ball back there is no guarantee they go down the field and score a TD to tie. But you put the ball in the hands of the 6th ranked QB of all time in Stafford with 4th quarter comebacks (34) and you have him throwing it to a clutch receiver in Kupp and a young up and coming rookie in Puka who is having an historic start to his career. Let’s see what happens. 

And the refs punished a Rams defense who did rise up to make a much needed stop. This defense collapsed against the Colts but made a stop in the end to send it into OT to give Stafford the opportunity to come from behind and win it. So the refs didn’t do the Rams or the league any good thing by how they botched the ending. I’m glad the NBA is starting tomorrow. Not saying the NBA refs are any better but it tends to be a lot more entertaining than watching the NFL more times than not. 

Losing in football, so now fairweathering to the NBA. This is SoCal sports culture.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think someone posted a stat about their offense in the 4th quarter compared to other teams and somehow in the 4th quarter their offense becomes actually viable lol

Nothing about the Steelers makes sense this year.

And this is not just this year!

In 2021, in Roethlisberger's last season, the Steelers scored almost half of their points in the fourth quarter!