2023 GDT Week #7 Steelers Visit The Rams

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week Steelers visit Rams?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Steelers finally beat the Rams in Los Angeles?

• Heck Yeah! We are getting better and ready to roll!
    • No. They have not solved the Offensive problems. Rams win at home.
    • I have np clue? This team is so up and down. who knows what they do?

26 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

We are an ugly 4-2, but the important thing is the 4 wins.

Those 4 wins hurt us more than anything.

Heading towards another 9 or 10 win season where we might disgustingly sneak in as the 7th seed (which shouldn't exist).    A playoff appearances means yet another year of "Tomlin Tweaks" and possibly another year of Matt Canada.   

Lets remember...our late season push last year saved his job.    I'm really worried its going to happen again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

Those 4 wins hurt us more than anything.

Heading towards another 9 or 10 win season where we might disgustingly sneak in as the 7th seed (which shouldn't exist).    A playoff appearances means yet another year of "Tomlin Tweaks" and possibly another year of Matt Canada.   

Lets remember...our late season push last year saved his job.    I'm really worried its going to happen again.

This….

9 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Just watching the highlights and everyone of the Rams highlight photos will include autograph from Levi Wallace.

Opponents game plan

1. Find Levi Wallace 

2. And some of that other stuff we run occasionally. 

Leavemopen wallace #29

a key cog in the tomlin 23 steelers that is the 3/4  of a game just unbearable to watch. 

A couple comments for next weeks game. I've watched a few of the Jags games very closely. I studied the Houston game to see what all happened and how the heck Houston ran over them before they played us. 

The Jags special teams may be one of the worst units Ive seen in a while in making miscues etc. Im surprised that coach still has a job after the Houston game but more of the same has happened since then. It is an area we can definitely look for opportunities in. Kicker missed a couple of kicks. Bad punts. Horrible coverage etc. 

Their pass rush was disappointing vs Houston. Allen seems to have come along since then but Walker still doesnt show anything special in that area. Taking him over Hutch was kind of like the Raiders taking Clelin Ferrell at #3 overall. 

The one major thing to be concerned about is Travis Ettiene. Hes gonna hurt us. They likely wont stop him, but hope to contain him to some degree. Kind of like giving up plays to D Adams but not getting killed by it overall.

Trevor Lawrence playing with I believe its a knee issue. Didnt affect his running vs New Orleans, but their concern should be more about moving around in the pocket. For me the thing that has always differentiated him was his running ability, I think its his best attribute. I believe we could harass him if we can contain him inside the pocket. Maybe even a sort of spy to watch for those runs at times. 

One of the biggest factors of that Houston / Jags game was Calvin Ridley was awful in the first half with drops and dumb plays. I could've swore he had a first half bet on the Texans and or the under. 

• Like 2

Missed the game due to being in Florence. Caught some highlights and offense looks clunky as ever. Defense looked better despite Nakua’s night. This fan base pisses me off as much as ever with comments on twitter calling JPJ a waste of a pick because of the single highlight I saw where his fighting a block to make a tackle was lackluster. Pickens looks like a WR1, I don’t think anything more than experience is holding him back there. Pickens 2 flags and DJs flag are absolutely freaking stupid both from the players and the refs. Every highlight catch for those two showed a Rams player in their face but they got the taunting calls. 

Edited by warfelg

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

Missed the game due to being in Florence. Caught some highlights and offense looks clunky as ever. Defense looked better despite Nakua’s night. This fan base pisses me off as much as ever with comments on twitter calling JPJ a waste of a pick because of the single highlight I saw where his fighting a block to make a tackle was lackluster. Pickens looks like a WR1, I don’t think anything more than experience is holding him back there. Pickens 2 flags and DJs flag are absolutely freaking stupid both from the players and the refs. Every highlight catch for those two showed a Rams player in their face but they got the taunting calls. 

The Diontae taunt was a legit taunt. It's against the rules to do what he did. You can't make hand gestures directly in the face of the opponent. It was a good call. Maybe it's a dumb rule, but it's a rule. 

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The offense looked, dare I say, competent yesterday. It was weird. 

Did you notice that sometimes the WR were wide open??  Like they had schemed something.

I think they had to adjust the pass blocking at 1/2 time to give KP time.

• Like 3