2023 GDT Week #7 Steelers Visit The Rams

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week Steelers visit Rams?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Steelers finally beat the Rams in Los Angeles?

• Heck Yeah! We are getting better and ready to roll!
    • No. They have not solved the Offensive problems. Rams win at home.
    • I have np clue? This team is so up and down. who knows what they do?

58 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The Diontae taunt was a legit taunt. It's against the rules to do what he did. You can't make hand gestures directly in the face of the opponent. It was a good call. Maybe it's a dumb rule, but it's a rule. 

It’s a dumb rule because the Rams were taunting and it was a shut up. 

14 hours ago, 43M said:

Those 4 wins hurt us more than anything.

Heading towards another 9 or 10 win season where we might disgustingly sneak in as the 7th seed (which shouldn't exist).    A playoff appearances means yet another year of "Tomlin Tweaks" and possibly another year of Matt Canada.   

Lets remember...our late season push last year saved his job.    I'm really worried its going to happen again.

I honestly think that there is so much pressure on Mike T regarding Matt Canada he will go.  If they got rid of BA and Haley, they would most certainly do it with Canada at the end of the season. His offense has trended down and the slow starts and late surges will hurt him more. They know that they need some fresh ideas, schemes, and new thinking on the offensive side of the ball.  They don't want to keep wasting Watt and Minkah on teams with "mediocre offenses." I see more pressure on Coach T than before to pull the trigger here for the overall betterment of the team and rally finding out what our young QB can do in a more progressive offense. 

54 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s a dumb rule because the Rams were taunting and it was a shut up. 

I think the rule kind of boils down to more than words. I always think of Dikembe Mutombo's finger wag after a blocked shot in the NBA. The league said he couldn't do it in players faces, he could do it to the crowd. Diontae got up right in Witherspoon's face and did the shush thing. That's about as clear as it comes to the rule as it's written. I noticed the Rams were jawing, as were we(especially Najee), but I didn't see anything they did that went against the rules as written except Diontae's. 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Did you notice that sometimes the WR were wide open??  Like they had schemed something.

I think they had to adjust the pass blocking at 1/2 time to give KP time.

And I also noticed these weird things. I think they're called scants, or maybe clants, oh wait no...SLANTS.

Break some routes inward every now and again and good things happen. Canada is evolving into the late 20th century. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

And I also noticed these weird things. I think they're called scants, or maybe clants, oh wait no...SLANTS.

Break some routes inward every now and again and good things happen. Canada is evolving into the late 20th century. 

Yeah they made some passes in the forbidden zone.  I thought for sure they would be penalized for throwing passes to the huddle..muddle..MIDDLE of the field.  Isn't that forbidden?

• Like 1

I’m on a cruise so didn’t see the game just read all your comments. When they started to turn the offense on in the 4th, was it KP changing calls or still Canada calling plays? Even going back to last year it seems the offense plays better in a 4th quarter, speed up kind of play with KP calling at the line. 

14 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

I’m on a cruise so didn’t see the game just read all your comments. When they started to turn the offense on in the 4th, was it KP changing calls or still Canada calling plays? Even going back to last year it seems the offense plays better in a 4th quarter, speed up kind of play with KP calling at the line. 

Judging by Canada's reactions, I'd say he was calling the plays. 

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think the rule kind of boils down to more than words. I always think of Dikembe Mutombo's finger wag after a blocked shot in the NBA. The league said he couldn't do it in players faces, he could do it to the crowd. Diontae got up right in Witherspoon's face and did the shush thing. That's about as clear as it comes to the rule as it's written. I noticed the Rams were jawing, as were we(especially Najee), but I didn't see anything they did that went against the rules as written except Diontae's. 

Oh I get it’s by the rule but I forget who it was but last week someone did the too small motion behind someone’s back and didn’t get a flag. 

To me DJs flag was more the “guy who retaliates gets caught” and the rule is set up for that. I think it’s stupid tbh. 

GP and DJ need to stop with the bad penalties. This team needs all the help it can get on offence and then some. Penalties are not part of the equation. 

when will JPj start? 

How about Benton replacing Watts on the DL   and getting majority of the snaps?

Is Moore officially the LT now? Decent game he had, but was it better than chuks? Maybe the plan is to have Jones healthy and if one of the other OT's get hurt , he will get playing time again then.  I don't understand how they keep Jones on the sideline