How high is Brock Bowers going to go?

General Tso

Blue chip TE prospect. Runs great routes. We'll see if he stays at his current weight. That being said, if you look at the current draft order https://www.tankathon.com/nfl (Not finalized obviously). Who realistically can say to themselves "yeah I'm good at other positions, let's take this guy".

Kyle Pitts was taken at 4 and I wouldn't say he's changed life in ATL. Not entirely his fault, but I think that's the nature of the position he plays.

Maybe Arizona (ironically) at 4? If they keep Kyler.

Well, the injury throws things into uncertainty, of course. I think it’s tough to imagine him going in the top 10, regardless of who is picking.

There look to be a number of blue chips at higher value positions, and he definitely won’t go ahead of them.

Too high for a TE. I think he is going to go top 10, probably in that 7-12 range right after the top tier prospects at premium positions get taken.

However, we have close to 20 years of evidence that says taking a TE in the 1st round is never going to give you the return based on draft slot soooo....

• Like 1

Where the Indianapolis Colts select, they might have to trade a TE away or two because they currently have a big variety of them to make room.  But think of Brock Bowers on that offense with a power run game and Richardson as a big QB who can run as well.  Could be really dangerous and Bowers I imagine will play a ton in the slot in the NFL as a flex TE and be moved around similar to what he does in college.

Hopefully he can still workout athletically, would be curious just how fast he is and how athletic he is at the combine.  Also curious how Georgia will do without their absolute superstar on offense for the last few seasons.  

Titans pick might be a good floor.  They're gonna probably be picking in the 10-15 range, and it's hard for me to imagine a player still being on the board that would be a better get than Bowers.  Titans are gonna need receivers and OLs badly, but a TE kind of band-aids both of those problems.

I still think we're looking at 3 QBs, 2 OTs, a couple of Edges, and probably 2 WRs that go off the board before Bowers.  Premium positions get premium picks.

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Titans pick might be a good floor.  They're gonna probably be picking in the 10-15 range, and it's hard for me to imagine a player still being on the board that would be a better get than Bowers.  Titans are gonna need receivers and OLs badly, but a TE kind of band-aids both of those problems.

I still think we're looking at 3 QBs, 2 OTs, a couple of Edges, and probably 2 WRs that go off the board before Bowers.  Premium positions get premium picks.

Don’t be surprised if Newton goes before also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Don’t be surprised if Newton goes before also. 

I like Newton, but I think interior DL is seen as lower value than the true premium positions.  And for their positions, Bowers is a better TE prospect than Newton is a DL prospect IMO, so that might depend on fit.

The true premium positions are QB (which we all know is go tier positional value), OT, WR, Edge, and CB.  Everything else is secondary or tertiary.

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I like Newton, but I think interior DL is seen as lower value than the true premium positions.  And for their positions, Bowers is a better TE prospect than Newton is a DL prospect IMO, so that might depend on fit.

The true premium positions are QB (which we all know is go tier positional value), OT, WR, Edge, and CB.  Everything else is secondary or tertiary.

A penetrating DT that can affect the passing game is worth more than you’re giving credit for

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

A penetrating DT that can affect the passing game is worth more than you’re giving credit for

Oh I know.  Titans have big Jeff taking over from Jurrell Casey.  I love me a great IDL.  But I also think that, across the board, they are considered less valuable than the premium positions.  And I don't think Newton is on that level either.  Granted, I've only watched one full game of his this year, but I don't think he's blue chip DL level yet.

He absolutely could go before Bowers, but he's not someone I think will go before Brock Bowers.  If I had to put money on it, I'd put money on him going after him.

Titans will have needs at DT and TE this offseason, but if both players are on the board when Tennessee picks, I take Bowers ten times out of ten.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Oh I know.  Titans have big Jeff taking over from Jurrell Casey.  I love me a great IDL.  But I also think that, across the board, they are considered less valuable than the premium positions.  And I don't think Newton is on that level either.  Granted, I've only watched one full game of his this year, but I don't think he's blue chip DL level yet.

He absolutely could go before Bowers, but he's not someone I think will go before Brock Bowers.  If I had to put money on it, I'd put money on him going after him.

Titans will have needs at DT and TE this offseason, but if both players are on the board when Tennessee picks, I take Bowers ten times out of ten.

That’s fair I love Bowers I am a Dawgs fan. But I will take the penetrating DT over the TE all day.