The Trade Deadline Cometh...

vike daddy

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

It's gonna cost multiple firsts to move up for a QB. That's just the market rate.

It depends how far they have to move up and what quarterback they are going for.  If it takes a future 1st, so be it but I'd like to have the option of it being a2nd instead of they are only moving up a handful of spots.  There is also the possibility that the team would require the current 2nd round pick and a future first .

Going into the draft without much draft capital just reduces the flexibility imo

• Like 1

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Going into the draft without much draft capital just reduces the flexibility imo

Sure - it would take a lot of guts and would likely be a career defining move for Kwesi, but I think it's worth the risk of overpaying for your QBOTF.

Bring in known good players to support your future decisions.

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

As for trading for a DL.....you better have a deal in place for an extension, or that's just too big a risk for me.

Derrick Brown has another year on his deal, so I would imagine that would be part of the calculus in trading for him - can we get a deal done in the offseason. if not you don't send a 2nd.

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Sure - it would take a lot of guts and would likely be a career defining move for Kwesi, but I think it's worth the risk of overpaying for your QBOTF.

Bring in known good players to support your future decisions.

Are you saying overpaying to support your QBOTF or overpaying to aquire the QBOTF? Because I'm Ok overpaying for a QB to get KOCs  guy.  And I agree that we song want to throw him intro a dumpster fire of a team but I think they have to be very careful of their assets until then

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are you saying overpaying to support your QBOTF or overpaying to aquire the QBOTF? 

To acquire. If I can use a 2nd this year for a great player, and a future first in the draft to get my QB, that's what I'd do. It is very risky, no doubt about it.

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is the player worth a high 2nd in your mind?

Brown graded as a top 10 IDL last year per PFF, and is performing well again this year. Trading a 2nd round pick for a year and a half of that with a chance to extend him is a good move, to me.

Saw a report that the Commanders had an offer of a 3rd for Sweat that converts to a second if he re-signs long term.  At that position, or interior DL, I would float out something similar... Brown, Young, Sweat type players would be worth that.

10 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Saw a report that the Commanders had an offer of a 3rd for Sweat that converts to a second if he re-signs long term.  At that position, or interior DL, I would float out something similar... Brown, Young, Sweat type players would be worth that.

Brian Burns, too.

Edit: maybe not. his contract expires after this year.

Edited by JDBrocks

6 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

A lot of league insiders have indicated that it's Wentz unwillingness to accept coaching that is his problem. Not his tools. He also seems to refuse to hold himself accountable.

Well then he is an idiot, if all one has to do is be agreeable and you will get what $10-15 mil a year if not more if he succeeds.  

I would assume if a team signs him they would have to pay out that contract also through 2024 which is not nothing but I am not positive about that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Well then he is an idiot, if all one has to do is be agreeable and you will get what $10-15 mil a year if not more if he succeeds.  

I would assume if a team signs him they would have to pay out that contract also through 2024 which is not nothing but I am not positive about that.

You know how the royals are