The Trade Deadline Cometh...

vike daddy

1 minute ago, Sad People said:

No ones telling me im wrong or anyone else is wrong theyre just trying to silence me AND others. and stand on a weird high ground.

No one is trying to silence you, that’s childish. I thought we were getting somewhere, but I guess not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Any free agents you’d consider? 

Not really. 
Theres nothing out there I’d care to start over Hall. I don’t think KOC is interested in outside QBs either, what would that say about his head coaching to the QB position. I play Hall but I’d also accept trades for some of our players if the value is there. 

Just now, Sad People said:

No ones telling me im wrong or anyone else is wrong theyre just trying to silence me AND others. and stand on a weird high ground.

again, no one is trying to silence anyone.

if you feel that way, i emphasize with the discomfort you feel over it, but it's simply not true.

i was a mod for many years on this site and of this forum, and in this site's early years we DID have egomaniac members who DID try to silence others, or defame them heavily. they were banned because it was obvious they weren't going to abide by our internal rule structure. if you take any of the comments made against you or your views to a moderator or the webmaster of this site, with the complaint that you are being silenced, they will not agree.

you can call that gatekeeping or whatever you like (because you have the right to call it whatever you like), but it's just the truth of this site and your misperceptions.

• Like 2

This is my guess at what they will do, not what I think they should do:

they will likely look for a veteran stop gap, but there aren’t many that will be available for what they are willing to give away. With less than 48 hours before the deadline there isn’t going to be enough time to move their big pieces AND feel out the QB market.

i think they end up rolling with Hall and Mullens while maybe signing Mannion to be the third QB as an extra teacher, while Cousins is on IR and trying to contribute from the sidelines. They are going to try to thread the needle with the pieces they have, and maybe add to the defense.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

they will likely look for a veteran stop gap, but there aren’t many that will be available for what they are willing to give away. With less than 48 hours before the deadline there isn’t going to be enough time to move their big pieces AND feel out the QB market.

i think they end up rolling with Hall and Mullens while maybe signing Mannion to be the third QB as an extra teacher, while Cousins is on IR and trying to contribute from the sidelines. They are going to try to thread the needle with the pieces they have, and maybe add to the defense.

Would they sign someone like Wentz and see if he has anything left?

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

At this point, is there any QB who is really available that's even "starting caliber"?  The closet I can come up with is Ryan Tannehill, and that seems like a stretch.

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would they sign someone like Wentz and see if he has anything left?

I was wondering this as well. I know Wentz has fallen out of favor of, ummm every NFL team as he remains a free agent. A former 2nd overall pick free agent. What happened to him or is he simply a bust? Can a solid team, coach and locker room bring out the best in Wentz? He had all the tools, right? 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s probably better than trading away picks to get anyone who’s actually available. 

That'll need someone to hold the clipboard next week.  I suppose that will be Mannion? Maybe they will still with Hall and Mannion until the other guy gets back. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, is there any QB who is really available that's even "starting caliber"?  The closet I can come up with is Ryan Tannehill, and that seems like a stretch.

Only one I’m interested in is maybe taking a flier on Trey Lance if he’s available since there may be some potential there, otherwise, I agree that throwing away a draft pick for a stop gap just to get a wild card spot as likely best case seems like such a bad move. But they really think they’ll do anything in the playoffs with a QB they trade for at the half way point? I remember long ago when they brought Josh Freeman in mid season. 

• Like 1

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Only one I’m interested in is maybe taking a flier on Trey Lance if he’s available since there may be some potential there, otherwise, I agree that throwing away a draft pick for a stop gap just to get a wild card spot as likely best case seems like such a bad move. But they really think they’ll do anything in the playoffs with a QB they trade for at the half way point? I remember long ago when they brought Josh Freeman in mid season. 

It's interesting how a couple weeks ago people were still saying that Cousins should be traded to help a team make a run,  but now most people are rightfully saying how difficult it would be for a new qb to come in and learn the system

• Like 4