The Trade Deadline Cometh...

vike daddy

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm not sure what this has to do with trusting KAM. If anything,  im trusting that there was a reason to draft Booth in the 2nd round.  I don't know who's all on the practice squad but I don't remember anyone showing a lot of potential from the practice squad. 

If they are completely done with him and don't think he has a chance to make the team next year, then sure get what you can for him

My suggestion of moving on from Booth for almost nothing that you have been responding to has always been predicated on the Vikings wanting to move on from Booth. If you didn't think that is a reference to KAM wanting to move on, who did you think it was a reference to?

16 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

My suggestion of moving on from Booth for almost nothing that you have been responding to has always been predicated on the Vikings wanting to move on from Booth. If you didn't think that is a reference to KAM wanting to move on, who did you think it was a reference to?

I was thinking this was people's personal opinion to move on.  I didn't think anyone had inside knowledge that Kwesi wants to move on

36 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I was thinking this was people's personal opinion to move on.  I didn't think anyone had inside knowledge that Kwesi wants to move on

No need for the strawman. Nobody claims to or even implies they have inside knowledge, which is why you see a conditional on the statement(s).

Below are details I suggest nobody reads unless they don't already understand the strawman here (I suspect very few if any need clarification, but I need to post it to deal with the presented fallacy).

It seems you may be arguing against something that does not exist. Right in my post it is clear that it isn't my personal opinion to move on. I said right off the bat that I personally have a little pause on shipping off Booth for nothing, but I would be on board if that is what the team sees fit to do because I know that they have more information than I have.

Supporting evidence of repeated conditionals:

My first post in this thread:

if that is what the team sees fit to do.

My second post:

The teams shouldn't do it if they think that Booth offers more

My third post:

We don't have that good of a sense of what their options are which is why I would be on board with them sending Booth on his way if they saw fit to do that.

My fourth post:

Even if the GM wanted the roster spot

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

No need for the strawman. Nobody claims to or even implies they have inside knowledge, which is why you see a conditional on the statement(s).

Below are details I suggest nobody reads unless they don't already understand the strawman here (I suspect very few if any need clarification, but I need to post it to deal with the presented fallacy).

It seems you may be arguing against something that does not exist. Right in my post it is clear that it isn't my personal opinion to move on. I said right off the bat that I personally have a little pause on shipping off Booth for nothing, but I would be on board if that is what the team sees fit to do because I know that they have more information than I have.

Supporting evidence of repeated conditionals:

My first post in this thread:

if that is what the team sees fit to do.

My second post:

The teams shouldn't do it if they think that Booth offers more

My third post:

We don't have that good of a sense of what their options are which is why I would be on board with them sending Booth on his way if they saw fit to do that.

My fourth post:

Even if the GM wanted the roster spot

I'll admit I mostly read over you talking about what the gm and team do.  That's what I get for getting into these discussions with a million other things going on

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/10/commanders-seeking-second-round-pick-for-chase-young-montez-sweat

I honestly don't know how good either guy is relative to their name value. I know they aren't bad, and Young seems like hes getting his career back on track.

A 2nd seems high unless you're absolutely sure either one is going to sign an extension. Maybe a 2nd with a 4th back. Washington so obviously want to get value for one of them, that it probably drives the price down.

Thoughts?

Edited by Dolmonite26

On 10/19/2023 at 3:11 PM, Cearbhall said:

It's moot now, given that Booth has started on an improvement track he only could have started by getting some real game playing time. 

The Vikings have a lot more to gain by keeping him, given his natural athletic gifts and skills, and that the main (and possibly the only) thing holding him back is biting too hard on what he THINKS are moves toward a direction that are actually fakes followed by a change in direction.  Experience and a bit more coaching can get him out of that bad habit, and doing that will allow him to become a productive average CB, who can continue to get more effective with added experience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If we lose we should look to sell (even though we won’t), and if we win we might look to buy. 

I’d rather not move future assets, even if we’re winning. Need to still keep the future in mind and looking forward, QB always has to be in play. I don’t think this team is enough of a serious contender to throw a high pick at another starter. The only position group is consider is maybe CB but other than that, I think you just have to keep rolling with the current roster and hope improvements are made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d rather not move future assets, even if we’re winning. Need to still keep the future in mind and looking forward, QB always has to be in play. I don’t think this team is enough of a serious contender to throw a high pick at another starter. The only position group is consider is maybe CB but other than that, I think you just have to keep rolling with the current roster and hope improvements are made. 

I disagree. You either see yourself as a contender this year, and try to make moves to become a threat, or you sell. You either help yourself now, or you set yourself for the future. If you simply do nothing, you don’t help yourself now or in the future. You just resign yourself to a middling season. 

In the NFC, this team can contend. They can seriously contend if they can strengthen their DL and add a CB. 

If the team feels differently, then they should get whatever they can for Hunter and Harrison Smith. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I disagree. You either see yourself as a contender this year, and try to make moves to become a threat, or you sell. You either help yourself now, or you set yourself for the future. If you simply do nothing, you don’t help yourself now or in the future. You just resign yourself to a middling season. 

In the NFC, this team can contend. They can seriously contend if they can strengthen their DL and add a CB. 

If the team feels differently, then they should get whatever they can for Hunter and Harrison Smith. 

You don’t think they sit back and look at the odds. What are they at 3% now of winning the Super Bowl. Teams don’t just sell, it doesn’t happen. Maybe a player gets moved but isn’t this largely a fan created perception. Mid season trades are pretty rare and it usually only happens to players on expiring contracts, does it not? Of the contenders, who actually makes a move? 

Ultimately, I think they'll do nothing.  I think they likely would want to add picks rather than give any away.  So, the only way they'd give any away is if they get some in return as well, such as they did in the Akers deal.  I don't see them as buying at all because of the long-term plan.  They want to create flexibility, not lose it.  Unless they potentially can get a TJ Hockenson type player in which it's a player that they can have for the long-term, they aren't renting one.