The Trade Deadline Cometh...

vike daddy

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I know emotions are high, but don’t take it out on each other. We do all want the same thing, but being miserable to each other or talking down/about each other isn’t helping make the site the place that you want it to be.

If only that was the way this site was now....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I know emotions are high, but don’t take it out on each other. We do all want the same thing, but being miserable to each other or talking down/about each other isn’t helping make the site the place that you want it to be.

Im not even trying to come off like a d***, im saying all this in a calm state of mind.

3 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Im not even trying to come off like a d***, im saying all this in a calm state of mind.

I didn’t say you were. But complaining about the site and the posters here is a good way to make sure that the people you are talking about don’t get along with you any better.

If I have contributed to anyone feeling belittled, I sincerely apologize. That's never been my intent. I do feel strongly about not giving up on the season, but I honestly respect those with different opinions. We all want a Lombardi in the team trophy case. I would like to give O'Connell an opportunity to jump into the upper echelon of coaches. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I didn’t say you were. But complaining about the site and the posters here is a good way to make sure that the people you are talking about don’t get along with you any better.

While true i just dont really care anymore.

Im not the one trying to gatekeep people from posting because they have a different view than i, does that make it ok? No.

• Like 1

Being in the minority sucks, it doesn’t feel good when a lot of people disagree with your opinion. Sometimes it can feel personal when everyone tells you “you’re wrong”. I don’t think anyone here has actual ill will toward you or your activity on the site. It’s hard to interpret intent on the internet sometimes. 

I disagree with your stance, but I understand it and similar takes. That’s the best I can do 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Im not the one trying to gatekeep people from posting because they have a different view than i, does that make it ok? No.

there isn't anyone trying to keep others from posting.

why is it that oftentimes guys with emphatically stated football opinions take that view when someone disagrees with them?

it's just football, it's not life and death, honor and dishonor. and again, no one is trying to limit or curtail what another poster chooses to express.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Being in the minority sucks, it doesn’t feel good when a lot of people disagree with your opinion. Sometimes it can feel personal when everyone tells you “you’re wrong”. I don’t think anyone here has actual ill will toward you or your activity on the site. It’s hard to interpret intent on the internet sometimes. 

I disagree with your stance, but I understand it and similar takes. That’s the best I can do 🤷‍♂️

No ones telling me im wrong or anyone else is wrong theyre just trying to silence me AND others. and stand on a weird high ground.

• Like 1