The Trade Deadline Cometh...

vike daddy

Just now, Captain Relax said:

Nothing wrong about thinking about the future, but why does that mean that the Vikings have to roll over and play dead for the rest of the season?  Why is it wrong for wanting the team to win this year?  While losing Cousins is a blow, it doesn't mean that the Vikings can't win the division or grab a wild card slot.  We will see what kind of coach O'Connell really is.

There isnt anything wrong but dont get sensitive when other people think, want or have a different opinion than yours of what the team should do going forward.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Nothing wrong about thinking about the future, but why does that mean that the Vikings have to roll over and play dead for the rest of the season?  Why is it wrong for wanting the team to win this year?  While losing Cousins is a blow, it doesn't mean that the Vikings can't win the division or grab a wild card slot.  We will see what kind of coach O'Connell really is.

Wanting them to win, is different than expecting them to. It is not the GMs job to hope ... I'd love it if Hall is Purdy, but no one should expect that. 

2 minutes ago, Sad People said:

There isnt anything wrong but dont get sensitive when other people think, want or have a different opinion than yours of what the team should do going forward.

I don't think I am being sensitive. I am being vocal about my point of view.  Your point might be right. And certainly Cousins injury makes it a challenge, but currently the Vikings are in the playoff hunt.  I happen to think that's what the team should focus on.  I might be foolish...but, I've lived long enough to not care if I make a fool of myself. 

I wonder if Detroit would be willing to part with Teddy. I know there’s no real connection to this staff, but he’s a great leader and positivity guy, the vibes might be high against a cake schedule and be enough to compete for the division. 

He’s not great, but the alternatives aren’t better.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If we lose we should look to sell (even though we won’t), and if we win we might look to buy. 

I wouldn’t have thought there was a scenario that we’d win handily (let alone winning with one of the biggest pt differential on the road in Cousins career) and we still could very well be a seller on Monday/Tuesday…

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I wonder if Detroit would be willing to part with Teddy. I know there’s no real connection to this staff, but he’s a great leader and positivity guy, the vibes might be high against a cake schedule and be enough to compete for the division. 

He’s not great, but the alternatives aren’t better.

Interesting. I can't see the Lions being willing...but that would be interesting for sure.

The only QB that I think would be any sort of realistic option that MIGHT give us an opportunity to make the playoffs is Matthew Stafford. And I really don't want that smoke. 

Looking at his contract, I don't see that as remotely doable for either side.

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I don't think I am being sensitive. I am being vocal about my point of view.  Your point might be right. And certainly Cousins injury makes it a challenge, but currently the Vikings are in the playoff hunt.  I happen to think that's what the team should focus on.  I might be foolish...but, I've lived long enough to not care if I make a fool of myself. 

Sensitive may not of been the right word and im sorry for that. But you and others in here stand on this weird proverbial high ground where if people wanna go a different route than what yall think is the right way, yall start talking down or telling people to stop because it doesnt align with the way you think route the Vikings should take. (may not be the best way to put it but its the bes ti got) I was gone for 2 weeks, on purpose, and wasnt even in here for an hour before i was told what to do and how i should stop "thinking a certain way" thats different than other people after saying its not the end of the world if we have a down year because the starting QB is done for the year.

Start 0-3 or 1-4 and our best player gets hurt, "Shame on you for thinking about the future and suggesting we move some pieces".

The starting QB who gets injured and is more then likely done for the year and gets injured, people start talking about the future and maybe moving a piece or 2, "shame on you for wanting to move pieces" or "or you dont face adversity well" or "just stop" or "its ridiculous" that a minority of people in here have to constantly hear.

Talk about whats actually ridiculous.

At the end of the day we all have the same end goal and thats a Super Bowl. I just think the best odds of us actually getting there is by getting a blue chip QB prospect on a rookie deal. And we cant get that as long as we stay in this constant mediocre state. Its the same exact story with the Minnesota Wild, stuck in the weird perpetual state of mediocrity and picking between 14-20 something.

Edited by Sad People
  • Like 2

Just now, Sad People said:

Sensitive may not of been the right word and im sorry for that. But you and others in here stand on this weird proverbial high ground when people wanna go a different route than what yall think is the right way. I was gone for 2 weeks, on purpose, and wasnt even in here for an hour before i was told what to do and how i should stop "thinking a certain way" thats different than other people after saying its not the end of the world at having a down year because the starting QB is done for the year.

Start 0-3 or 1-4 and our best player gets hurt, "Shame on you for thinking about the future and suggesting we move some pieces".

The starting QB who gets injured and is more then likely done for the year and gets injured, people start talking about the future and maybe moving a piece or 2, "shame on you for wanting to move pieces" or "or you dont face adversity well" or "just stop" or "its ridiculous" that a minority of people in here have to constantly hear.

Talk about whats actually ridiculous.

At the end of the day we all have the same end goal and thats a Super Bowl. I just think the best odds of us actually getting there is by getting a blue chip QB prospect on a rookie deal. And we cant get that as long as we stay in this constant mediocre state. Its the same exact story with the Minnesota Wild, stuck in the weird perpetual state of mediocrity and picking between 14-20 something.

This site has gone downhill so much. So few posters, and the ones that remain are on high horses all the time. 

• Like 2

This is nuts, Kirk Cousins for one never gets hurt despite being one of the most physically hit QBs in the league since he became a Minnesota Viking.  Now he is on a bit of a roll, playing arguably the best he has ever played as a Viking, everything is clicking even without Justin Jefferson at WR, the D playing great as well and really rounding into form and now.... Kirk Cousins is probably out the season and might never play for the team again.

Brock Purdy came in for the 49ers in December for the rest of the year, played six games then they went on the run tin the playoffs before the loss to Philadelphia.  Jaren Hall, doubt he pulls that off obviously but who knows...

Just sucks for Cousins to finally be playing really well and actually winning games on the road or against quality teams or in Prime time Monday night.  With Cousins they could have easily went on a run there over the next five games potentially where they would be most likely favored.  

Now is this a team you trade a QB for because you are that close to a Super Bowl, of course not.  Sucks but wish we had a Zach Wilson like the Jets do, a long term developmental guy who had some starting experience.  Not sure Hall is that at all.  But any trades might be a bit much, sadly if they start losing now Hunter almost has to go because he is most likely gone anyway, and with Bynum developing if someone wants Lewis Cine I would be fine moving on from him as well.  

Not sure they can pull it off but without Cousins maybe they switch to more of a run centered team, play Josh Oliver more and try to move the football that way and kill the clock and help out the D.  Harrison Phillips played the best game he has ever played as a Viking today no question, Wonnum is really coming on opposite Hunter and Blackmon played great also as the 3rd CB not to mention Bynum who is becoming a star coverage safety.  

Will be interesting how they respond but with the improved defensive toughness brought on by Brian Flores maybe they can be more of a run team without Cousins.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

This site has gone downhill so much. So few posters, and the ones that remain are on high horses all the time. 

Yup. And its not just the Vikings part of the website, the entirety of the website that has gone downhill. And its a shame because this place used to be cool as hell. I know weve gone back and forth before but thats just because we disagreed on something.

Edited by Sad People
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Yup. And its not just the Vikings part of the website, the entirety of the website has gone downhill. And its a shame because this place used to be cool as hell. I know weve gone back and forth before but thats just because we disagreed on something.

I'm willing to politely disagree....

I know emotions are high, but don’t take it out on each other. We do all want the same thing, but being miserable to each other or talking down/about each other isn’t helping make the site the place that you want it to be.

Edited by JDBrocks