2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

Bucks are having a run of quotes this last couple of days.

Lillard didn't put Giannis in his top 5 NBA players, Giannis said he didn't watch basketball and likes going into games not knowing what the other team is doing, Doc said he didn't understand why the Bucks fired their coach and hired him lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Bucks are having a run of quotes this last couple of days.

Lillard didn't put Giannis in his top 5 NBA players, Giannis said he didn't watch basketball and likes going into games not knowing what the other team is doing, Doc said he didn't understand why the Bucks fired their coach and hired him lol.

This is going super well!!!

Dame and Giannis are ball dominant and have yet to figure out how to play off each other.

I once again am here to ask where all this Sengun hype comes from. Maybe I’m biased because Jonas mops the floor with him consistently but this dude is mid. Terrible defensive player, no bag, okay passer. I don’t get the hype. 

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

I once again am here to ask where all this Sengun hype comes from. Maybe I’m biased because Jonas mops the floor with him consistently but this dude is mid. Terrible defensive player, no bag, okay passer. I don’t get the hype. 

What's the mystery? He's a 21 year old who plays like Jokic and puts up incredible stats for his age.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

What's the mystery? He's a 21 year old who plays like Jokic and puts up incredible stats for his age.

He doesn’t play anything like Jokic. This is my problem with his hype lol. He’s not nearly the passer or scorer that Jokic is. People saw a Euro big who could pass a little and anointed him the next Jokic. He’s the best player on a pretty bad team.

3 hours ago, Kingram said:

He doesn’t play anything like Jokic. This is my problem with his hype lol. He’s not nearly the passer or scorer that Jokic is. People saw a Euro big who could pass a little and anointed him the next Jokic. He’s the best player on a pretty bad team.

Compare Jokic's stats as a 21 year old compared to Sengun's this season. Not saying he will be Jokic is his prime but Sengun is legit good.  Plus you arent factoring in that this is his first year with actual coaching.  People underrate Udoka's hire of Tiago Splitter.  It's doing wonders for Sengun this season. 

16 hours ago, Kingram said:

Oh and his defense has improved.  I mentioned that a few pages back.  Is he going to be elite? No, but he will be serviceable. 

59 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Oh and his defense has improved.  I mentioned that a few pages back.  Is he going to be elite? No, but he will be serviceable. 

I disagree. His defense has been atrocious. Sabonis is definitely a better comparison. Neither of them can shoot, both are door mats defensively. People need to stop comparing him to Jokic. Jokic has generational vision/passing ability. 

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I feel like Sengun is much closer to a baby Sabonis than Jokic but he's clearly not done developing 

This is a much better ceiling comparison. The Jokic comparisons are lazy and off.

9 minutes ago, Kingram said:

I disagree. His defense has been atrocious. Sabonis is definitely a better comparison. Neither of them can shoot, both are door mats defensively. People need to stop comparing him to Jokic. Jokic has generational vision/passing ability. 

Look at the rating the Rockets have on defense when he is on the floor.  Back in Dec he had the 6th ranked defensive rating in the league behind Gobert, Towns, AD, Chet and Embiid.   That's how I know you only see him when the Rockets play your Pelicans.