2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

15 hours ago, Kingram said:

Because they’re trying to make some big moves. They see themselves falling behind in the West. I don’t see how the Lakers get worse next year tbh, they’ll likely get desperate and cash chips in this offseason. 

This year's draft blows.  I'd rather take the gamble to see if the Lakers suck next year and have a possible better pick.  

45 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

This year's draft blows.  I'd rather take the gamble to see if the Lakers suck next year and have a possible better pick.  

Agreed if we were keeping it. I think if they keep the Lakers pick its to trade. I think the Pelicans roster will look significantly different next season. BI+Jonas+Nance probably all gone I would guess. I could see CJ being moved as well. 

Only 3 who are likely cemented to the roster are Zion, Trey and Herb. 

On 5/9/2024 at 8:40 PM, Kingram said:

Because they’re trying to make some big moves. They see themselves falling behind in the West. I don’t see how the Lakers get worse next year tbh, they’ll likely get desperate and cash chips in this offseason. 

I think they have until June 1st to make their decision.  Personally, I expect them to delay the pick for another year.

On 5/15/2024 at 6:30 PM, CWood21 said:

I think they have until June 1st to make their decision.  Personally, I expect them to delay the pick for another year.

They do. I think it’s likely but I’m not sure it’s the correct move with how desperate LA will be. 

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

??? Last name I would have expected. I don’t like it. Why leave UCONN. Also great coach just don’t see him being a great NBA coach. 

Ego.  He probably feels like he already accomplished what he wanted in CBB and wants a new challenge. 

3 hours ago, catcheryea said:

wow i thought waking up to the news that detroit is keeping monty williams would be the worst way to start a day. this is way worse

Rumors are the Lakers want Monty if we fire him.  Are we able to trade coaches? Or are they only interested if we are paying his salary?

38 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Rumors are the Lakers want Monty if we fire him.  Are we able to trade coaches? Or are they only interested if we are paying his salary?

i mean you can trade coaches but why would the lakers give up assets to have the right to pay his full contract when they could hire him for $15 a year and detroit pays the difference?

also picking between hurley and monty is like deciding if you'd rather have a ferrari or a broken shoe with a giant rock in it

11 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

i mean you can trade coaches but why would the lakers give up assets to have the right to pay his full contract when they could hire him for $15 a year and detroit pays the difference?

also picking between hurley and monty is like deciding if you'd rather have a ferrari or a broken shoe with a giant rock in it

Well if Hurley doesn't go to the Lakers, they won't have a Ferrari, hence why they also have stated they are interested in Monty.  We could say we are going to keep him but if they want him we would send him there for a future 2nd and get out of paying him.  Or agree to pay half of it or something.