2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

His motor and athleticism makes his floor already unbelievable high. Then you add his feel for the game with his youthfulness and the sky is truly the limit.

Also Ausar Thompson is a respectable jumper away from being an absolute menace. It’s crazy to say but he may already be a top 10 perimeter defender in league already. He’s like a souped up Andre Iguodala (which is insane considering young Iggy was already a high end athlete).

A lot of things to feel good about early on in Detroit.

i honestly don't think duren playing like this should be that surprising. he was doing most of this last year once he became the starter and now he's got better guard play and more minutes to show it. everybody knew he could dunk and rebound the **** out of the ball, and anybody who actually watched last year could see he could be a good passer, but his defensive positioning is the biggest improvement he's made this year and it's been the key to the defense playing well so far

and it's crazy to me that there's a rookie starting and shooting 26/20/75 and still pretty much everyone agrees that he's been really good

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

So, Memphis sucks. This is fun.

There were 11 teams in the West competing for the playoffs/playins this year, last year's 10 + the Mavs. One has to miss and these first 3 games have made me think it's going to be the Grizzlies. Their offense and rebounding do not look good, and digging themselves into a giant hole these first 25 games before Ja returns might doom them before they know it. If these 25 games go poorly enough they might have to play at a 60 win pace with Ja to make it, and with the rest of their injuries and deficiencies down I don't know that they have that in them anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

they just got by the blazers and beat up on the rockets. i like the magic team but good is not a word i'd use currently

I’m under the impression we win around 40-45 and make the playoffs. Good for Magic standards you could say but I understand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m under the impression we win around 40-45 and make the playoffs. Good for Magic standards you could say but I understand.

can't play anyone but who you're scheduled. i think they'll make the playoffs, though. definitely a play in team at the very least

jim jackson loves hearing himself talk

"so jimmy what do you think of san antonio's young guys"

jimmy: "well, look. whether it's in basketball or business, life is about surrounding yourself with people who want to be as successful, or better yet, more successful than you. now, what you also have to do is find that balance, in the sense that, look, think about this, without talent it's all relative, so you also need to have consistency"

"errant pass by sochan, we're going the other way"