The MVP race

Steelersfan43

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

MVP is Dak vs Purdy at this point, but Dak has a pretty decent lead imo. 

Yep, hurts is out for sure

Dallas has big matchups in next 3 games in buffalo, miami, and detroit so thats his chance to lock it down if he keeps playing like this.

Or flame out and purdy takes control

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Yep, hurts is out for sure

Dallas has big matchups in next 3 games in buffalo, miami, and detroit so thats his chance to lock it down if he keeps playing like this.

Or flame out and purdy takes control

Dak has a rough schedule down the stretch. Purdy plays an easy defense in Arizona, tough defense in Baltimore (although I’ve had this game circled as a shootout all year), and an easy defense in Washington. Washington has actually been the worst defense in the NFL against opposing QB’s. Purdy definitely has a huge chance of taking home MVP. Right now it’s Dak though, no doubt. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

11 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Just remember DAL and SF fans -

they win MVP and you are paying them big bucks lol 

You are paying them big bucks anyway. You're either a franchise QB, where you get paid more than the last franchise QB. You're a fringe franchise guy and you get paid more than the last fringe franchise guy. You are a coveted veteran backup getting like a third of what those type guys are getting. Then you got the journeymen that get paid a little more than double the veteran minimum.

The 49ers FO is 100% already sold on Purdy. Short of his arm exploding again, he's getting paid.

Edited by typecast

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dallas is already doing that. They won't notice lol 

40m right? He will be 60m per after this season and, after last year, I think they could have argued for much less. 

16 minutes ago, typecast said:

You are paying them big bucks anyway. You're either a franchise QB, where you get paid more than the last franchise QB. You're a fringe franchise guy and you get paid more than the last fringe franchise guy. You are a coveted veteran backup getting like a third of what those type guys are getting. Then you got the journeymen that get paid a little more than double the veteran minimum.

The 49ers FO is 100% already sold on Purdy. Short of his arm exploding again, he's getting paid.

Purdy was obviously not getting 50m without this MVP caliber season.

SF is prolly glad to pay it, I agree, but it will be something they have to work with. 

18 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Purdy was obviously not getting 50m without this MVP caliber season.

Obviously. I had his MVP caliber season in that context but was explicit about him being one of the scripts premier franchise QBs in the teams eyes. Hurts, over 1 season, went from the front office putting in calls to replace him for Watson to getting paid 255M/5 for losing in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

Dak is the MVP fav imo. Now with all that being said, he still has two road games against the Dolphins and Bills then coming back home against the Lions. So far he is doing what he needed to do which is beat the Seahawks and the Eagles and look good in the process. I dont see any scenario that if he looks good these next three weeks against good competition two of which are road games that if the Cowboys go (2-1) in the process at worst that he wont win MVP. 

I get people are going to say Purdy and he is definitely in the convo with Dak but Dak has all the momentum now, he plays for the Cowboys which we know will get all the support plus Dak plays on a national stage more times that not. He is always talked about which can be for the worse but in this case it will actually be for the best. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

Shoutout to my brother.. Cowboys fan, has always been a Dak supporter. And wayyyy back during training camp of his rookie year, he said Purdy would take Lance's job. 

Tua, Lamar, and maybe Tyreek are looming but I never imagined I'd see these two as the odds on favorites

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1