The MVP race

Steelersfan43

7 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I have a feeling that Lamar will be the front runner if he is great in the next 2 games and the ravens won both game(Browns and bengals)

Their best part of their team is their defense though. Same with Mahomes. I don’t see how you can be the mvp when your side of the ball is not the best thing on the team 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Their best part of their team is their defense though. Same with Mahomes. I don’t see how you can be the mvp when your side of the ball is not the best thing on the team 

This is the kinda year where a RB would usually win it but we don’t have one worthy of that either 

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Betting odds for MVP currently look like Hurts, Lamar, and Mahomes are all essentially tied for being the favorite. Tua and Burrow are trailing them all slightly but definitely still within reach.

Unless Mahomes picks it up significantly he wont win. I get that because the Cheifs record and his popularity will have him in the discussion--but right now he in on pace to have his worst season as a professional. Lowest yards per game, lowest QBR, lowest yards per completion and attempt, lowest pass success rate and highest INT% of his career. 

Last time he had a season with similar-ish numbers, he didnt even make a All-Pro team (2021).

I feel like this is a Lamar Jackson vs. Jalen Hurts race; Tua sneaking in with a handful of votes out of respect for what their offense has done and Myles Garrett receiving 1 pity vote from a voter born in the 1950s who still has a broken nose he never got fixed from his playing days. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

25 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Does Burrow have a shot if he remains on fire the rest of the year, or has his play the first 5 weeks put him too far in the rearview? 

He has a shot for sure if he remains on fire. People are going to prop up the final third of the season more so than the first 2/3. 

49 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Does Burrow have a shot if he remains on fire the rest of the year, or has his play the first 5 weeks put him too far in the rearview? 

Based on trajectory, my money would actually be on Burrow. Aside from the stats/record that'll be obviously visible, most of what has happened so far this season will have been forgotten by the time voting rolls around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Based on trajectory, my money would actually be on Burrow. Aside from the stats/record that'll be obviously visible, most of what has happened so far this season will have been forgotten by the time voting rolls around.

He's certainly capable, but it's gonna be tough because he faces some good teams down the stretch. 

10 minutes ago, Soggust said:

He's certainly capable, but it's gonna be tough because he faces some good teams down the stretch. 

That makes it harder to pull off, but also strengthens the narrative. Like, if he has wins over Allen, Jackson, and Mahomes, that would be huge.

Though yeah, if he loses to the Ravens (a second time) and Chiefs, that pretty much derails any shot he'd have.