The MVP race

Steelersfan43

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Regardless of which way you lean on the debate, its just wild that the 262nd pick of the 2022 draft is a realistic top contender for the 2023 MVP. 

Is it that wild when the QB most consider the greatest of all time was drafted at 199? And an undrafted QB was inducted into the HOF in 2017? 

21 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Is it that wild when the QB most consider the greatest of all time was drafted at 199? And an undrafted QB was inducted into the HOF in 2017? 

Well...yeah. Just because other things are wild doesn't mean this isn't.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's much easier to accuse people of bias rather than attempt to understand their reasoning. 

You do the same and tell me if Trey Lance was doing the exact same thing for the 49ers, would you have the same hangups?

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You do the same and tell me if Trey Lance was doing the exact same thing for the 49ers, would you have the same hangups?

Absolutely not, if a top-3 pick is doing this we're honestly not even having this debate lol. It would just be 60 pages talking about how awesome this QB is - and how, instead of him benefiting from great weapons, it would be about him being the single most important weapon on the offense.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I always thought Lance was not a good pick and never established himself as a good player, so absolutely I would. 

I'm not as much as a draftnik as other people on this site, though.

19 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Absolutely not, if a top-3 pick is doing this we're honestly not even having this debate lol. It would just be 60 pages talking about how awesome this QB is - and how, instead of him benefiting from great weapons, it would be about him being the single most important weapon on the offense.

The 49ers offense was already established as elite (when healthy) before Purdy got there, though. And that was before they added CMC. 

Most other top-3 QB picks go to bad teams, which is why it is easier to see their impact if they are good.