The MVP race

Steelersfan43

36 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Where did he say he had Dak above Purdy? He literally mentioned both having one bad game and dropping from contenders to runner ups behind Lamar

Where did I say that he had Dak above Purdy? I simply asked him for his argument for why Dak would be above Purdy in the discussion.

As if Dak’s case is volume with efficiency, then why would he be in the discussion considering that would also be Purdy’s case as well... only Purdy is ~10 points better in passer rating, 2 points higher in ANY/A, and nearly 2 points better in AY/A.

So I’m just curious what exactly would have Dak, from his POV, still in the discussion with Lamar (impact guy), Purdy (efficient guy), and Allen (volume guy). I am not saying it’s wrong or right to have Dak in the conversation, but I’d like to know why he has him in the conversation exactly. All the bullet points as to what is still his “claim to fame” for the award.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Where did I say that he had Dak above Purdy? I simply asked him for his argument for why Dak would be above Purdy in the discussion.

As if Dak’s case is volume with efficiency, then why would he be in the discussion considering that would also be Purdy’s case as well... only Purdy is ~10 points better in passer rating, 2 points higher in ANY/A, and nearly 2 points better in AY/A.

So I’m just curious what exactly would have Dak, from his POV, still in the discussion with Lamar (impact guy), Purdy (efficient guy), and Allen (volume guy). I am not saying it’s wrong or right to have Dak in the conversation, but I’d like to know why he has him in the conversation exactly. All the bullet points as to what is still his “claim to fame” for the award.

what is your argument for having Dak above Purdy in thMVP discussion?”

To ask someone to make an argument for something infers you believe that they either believe that argument or that they’ve claimed that. Stop trolling and trying to create strawman arguments to bait other posters - be better.

As for your question as to why someone would have Dak in the conversation even if he’s not currently a front runner… The fact is, the seasons not over and all of the candidates are quite capable of either winning the award with a week to go, or they’re equally capable of blowing it, minus Lamar who may be resting, though I haven’t seen confirmation of that.  If Dak finishes leading the league in TD:INT with a 4:1 ratio AND leads the league in passing touchdowns, then he has “a case”.  Does that make him the MVP? No - the MVP has always been a mix of storyline, fame, and performance. Why have him over Allen? Same reason Dak was getting trashed last year by everyone under the sun, ball security.  Why have him over Purdy or Lamar? Haven’t seen that case be made yet. In face the only case I imagine anyone could even try to make would be Purdy having the weapons he has and Lamar for the passing stats if they’re trying to ignore his ability with his feet. Would I agree with them? No

Edited by MaddHatter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Josh Allen has an opportunity to show out on primetime. 

Though Lamar's perfect passer rating against the Dolphins might have already sealed it.

Allen’s not even in the convo this year.

Allen was not playing especially well for a good chunk of the season.  His terrible play led directly to the week 1 loss vs the Jets after Rodgers went down.  During BUF's 3-5 stretch in Oct-Nov, he threw at least one INT in every game.  Heck, since week 5, there has only been one game where Allen has not thrown an INT.  Allen is not in the MVP conversation.

Edited by Mazrimiv

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Josh Allen has 42 TD's. He's in the convo, he's just not going to win. He probably would have won if he threw 3 or 4 less picks.

Not sure what you are looking at, but Josh Allen has 27 TD's and 16 INT's this season

I don't really think there is a convo to be had because I think Lamar is winning it, but in the fight for second place, I think I would take Dak, then Purdy, then I'm heavily considering Tua + Stroud over Allen.

IMO his peak play any given game is best in league, he's just inconsistent. Still a top 5 QB overall, just a bit too many turnovers this year, like Mahomes.

• Like 2