Titans trade S Kevin Byard to Eagles for 5th, 6th, and Terrell Edmunds

General Tso

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Even if Byard isn't obviously the same player he was. I'm still really excited about this trade. Have always loved watching the way he plays safety and think he can be a good mentor to the younger guys. It's also pretty cool he's from Philly and looked up to Brian Dawkins. This trade was much needed from an Eagles perspective like I said in the thread that got locked.

I wanted this trade to happen last year lol. Glad it finally got done though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

HOT TAKE TIME!

Derrick Henry is not good anymore, and is totally reliant on getting 15+ carries/game so that he can go for 1 yard for 14 of those carries, then on the 15th carry the defense or OL will give him a gaping hole and he'll break a 45-yard run to inflate his YPC. He's been this way for at least 2 or so years now but nobody wants to admit it and I will die on this hill.

Ravens fans everywhere are so hell bent on trading for him when we've already got Costco brand Derrick Henry in Gus Edwards who averages 5+ ypc without having to break an 80 yard run every game on his 29th carry to do it!

This season maybe, although our o line is awful but I don’t think he is NOT good anymore. I mean his good over the last 4 years or so has been phenomenal. He might not be as good anymore but he’s definitely not NOT good anymore. 

Edited by Titansfan

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oooooh... fire sale in Tenn? Henry to Detroit? Mayo Will to start? 

Bring Henry to San Francisco. Split the carries, keep both CMC and Henry fresh n' healthy!

But really, I think Detroit is happy with Monty and he should be back before too long. Minnesota or Dallas could be a good fit.. maybe Cleveland?

• Like 2

Just now, Titansfan said:

This season maybe, although our o line is awful but I don’t think he is NOT good anymore. I mean his hood over the last 4 years or so has been phenomenal. He might not be as good anymore but he’s definitely not NOT good anymore. 

I just think he's largely ineffective for 99% of his carries, then breaks one carry and people go "wow 20 carries for 120 yards that's amazing!" when in reality it was 19 carries for 40 yards then an 80 yard run.

Overall I'd rather have Gus Edwards.

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just think he's largely ineffective for 99% of his carries, then breaks one carry and people go "wow 20 carries for 120 yards that's amazing!" when in reality it was 19 carries for 40 yards then an 80 yard run.

Overall I'd rather have Gus Edwards.

Yeah I guess teams just hone in on Gus Edwards and gamelan just for him. There’s no chance you take Edwards over Henry. The dude has carried the team for years and still has been to a lesser extent this season. Edwards is surrounded by talent while Henry is surrounded by sheer incompetence. Put Henry on for Edwards and you guys instantly improve and you can’t tell me otherwise. 

As good as he used to be? Of course not, still good? Yes. 

Edited by Titansfan

Just now, Titansfan said:

Yeah I guess teams just hone in on Gus Edwards and gamelan just got him. There’s no chance you take Edwards over Henry. The dude has carried the team for years and still has been to a lesser extent this season. Edwards is surrounded by talent. Put Henry on for Edwards and you guys instantly improve and you can’t tell me otherwise. 

Edwards' career YPC is like top 5 all-time. He doesn't break runs like Henry does, but he is very consistent and one of the best 2nd half runners in NFL history. I will absolutely take him over Henry at this point in their respective careers, especially when you also consider contract value.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Edwards' career YPC is like top 5 all-time. He doesn't break runs like Henry does, but he is very consistent and one of the best 2nd half runners in NFL history. I will absolutely take him over Henry at this point in their respective careers, especially when you also consider contract value.

He benefits from the fear of Jackson running the ball as well. Most RBs would have a great YPC with him in the backfield. Like I said no one game plans for Edwards, Henry is the only player anyone has to game plan for on the Titans. I’m not arguing that Edwards isn’t decent but I’ll argue all day that Henry isn’t good now. 

1. 14/45, 3.2 ypc minus an 18 yard run

2. 24/57, 2.4 ypc minus a 23 yard run

3. 10/11 minus a 9 yard run

4. 21/93, 4.4 ypc minus a 29 yard run

5. 12/35 2.9 ypc minus an 8 yard run

6. 11/34 3 ypc minus a 63 yard run

Not great but id be curious to see how many RBs this is true for. Also averaging 10.6 ypr with 11 catches fwiw

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I just feel like Henry's style of running isn't going to fit in the overwhelming majority of offenses in the NFL. Henry needs a ton of touches to be truly effective, he isn't a guy that you give 10-15 carries a game and call it a day. He is ideally getting 20+ touches and wearing on defenses over time. The only contender that makes sense to me off the top of my head is the Lions, but I don't think they are investing any more at RB lol. The Falcons also come to mind as a fit but ya.... they don't need an RB. 

The only team that I think actually makes sense in terms of fit and need would be the Browns for the current year only of course. MAYBE the Rams? They have been more willing to grind out the run game this year. Not saying he won't get moved, I just don't think Henry is a plug and play RB in the current day NFL.

If it's a Day 3 pick, why not? We obviously can't count on Henry having much tread left on his tires. But our OL is actually run blocking well this year, and it's being wasted by HBs who can't create any yardage beyond what's blocked. Kyren is a solid HB, so I am not taking a shot at him. That said, we could badly use a HB who can house one when we give him a runway and is capable of breaking tackles. Watching the OL blow open holes so effectively this year only for our HBs to either lack the speed to do much with it or lack the tackle-breaking ability to create any yardage has been frustrating.

EDIT: But with Henry only being under contract through this season and the high base salary, I'm skeptical that we'll make that move. Tennessee would have to eat most of his cap, and that doesn't make a ton of sense for them.

Edited by jrry32

15 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

good news for the Falcons then i didn't want to see him this week anyways :D  dudes a really good player and any advantage for us i'll take it.   Now how about yall go ahead and move Henry before the game as well :P

That is a real possibility by the sounds of it!