Do you think the Bills current window is closed?

CP3MVP

18 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I believe they need Saquon Barkley.

If they can get creative with the cap and cuts, he could be had.

I am not a Bills fan or a fan of Barkley, but he could make them unstoppable.

Let's face it, the league is now about offense.

No defense could stop that.

Don’t really agree tbh. They need outside receiving help. 

• 1 month later...

As of right now, I can say I believe the window is closed. If they struggled to get over the hump the last couple of years, they have no shot this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in third in the division behind the Dolphins and Jets. Allen will keep things honest, but this isn't a contender

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

As of right now, I can say I believe the window is closed. If they struggled to get over the hump the last couple of years, they have no shot this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in third in the division behind the Dolphins and Jets. Allen will keep things honest, but this isn't a contender

What has changed from last season lol?

This is the first significant loss on the roster. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What has changed from last season lol?

This is the first significant loss on the roster. 

We can quibble over the semantics of significant, I suppose, but Diggs, Davis, Poyer, Morse, Floyd, and Dodson all played <50% of the snaps last year, and are gone. Hyde is still out there as well. White was injured, but we can still add his name to the list.

That's a lot of turnover in one year for a team that has mostly focused on holding the same group together the past few years.

They'll never be bad with Allen, but this kind of feels like the Bills saying pretty directly, at this point, that they think this window is closed. They've tried hard to run it back with the same core and a few additions for awhile now, and they've dumped a lot of that core in one offseason now. This is absolutely them saying they need to take a step back and reset a bit. And it's probably the right move, tbh. Can't keep going all-in with a 35 year old EDGE, 31 year old WR, 34 year old S, etc.

• Like 2

Bills are eating things now, just like the Rams did last year by trading Ramsey. Clears more off the books for 2025. Rams still made the playoffs in '24.

Bills have developed defensive talent and Allen should elevate his receiving weapons, so they can still make the playoffs next year. They still have the Dolphins' number until proven otherwise.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

They'll never be bad with Allen, but this kind of feels like the Bills saying pretty directly, at this point, that they think this window is closed. They've tried hard to run it back with the same core and a few additions for awhile now, and they've dumped a lot of that core in one offseason now. This is absolutely them saying they need to take a step back and reset a bit. And it's probably the right move, tbh. Can't keep going all-in with a 35 year old EDGE, 31 year old WR, 34 year old S, etc.

Yeah the core needed to be revamped. Glad they are doing it and not holding on for another year or two. Would like to see a big move for Jefferson or Higgins tbh.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Are we just massively overrating all of these players then?

Yes. Actually I sold Morse a little short. He’s a quality starter.

Poyer is completely done. 
Tre is coming off a torn achillies and acl

Gabe…is a guy. Not worth a big contract IMO. He’s a good #3 though.

Dodson was a depth player 

Floyd I like. He’s still a quality pass rusher, but wasn’t anything to dread losing and he’s getting up there in age.

I don’t know about the guys replacing said players, but I didn’t have faith in the guys we lost either.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yes. Actually I sold Morse a little short. He’s a quality starter.

Poyer is completely done. 
Tre is coming off a torn achillies and acl

Gabe…is a guy. Not worth a big contract IMO. He’s a good #3 though.

Dodson was a depth player 

Floyd I like. He’s still a quality pass rusher, but wasn’t anything to dread losing and he’s getting up there in age.

I don’t know about the guys replacing said players, but I didn’t have faith in the guys we lost either.

Replacing Poyer with Edwards is lateral or even an upgrade.

Bills are good at scouting CBs

Samuel for Gabe is lateral or maybe an upgrade on consistency.

I heard good things about Dodson? It's good to have depth if someone gets injured.

I guess Epenesa + Von will have to pick up for Floyd.

I'm on record saying as long as you truly have a FQB, the Bills window is always open.

However those trying to argue ALL OF THOSE LOSSES they've occured since the salary dump and FA started won't matter, is not that big of a deal? 

Are absolutely fooling themselves.  🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u