The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I find this strange as well. OSU is essentially every B1G fanbases most hated team, but it is somehow beneath OSU fans to hate other teams back. Like Iowa can despise OSU and its all fine, but the moment OSU fans say something about Iowa they get looked at with a side eye.

Everyone can punch up but we arnt allowed to punch down

We Iowa fans are much more worried about hating our own coaching staff than anyone else right now

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

More weird nonsense going on w/ the LLC thing. Not saying it means anything but it's still strange regardless.

This feels far more like unrelated, boring old tax evasion than anything to do with Michigan football or sign stealing.

The LLC gets formed with parents who control it, and the children as stakeholders/owners. So the parents can "invest" in the LLC, and the children who now own the LLC can report any income that the LLC pays them out on their own taxes.

If you take an LLC out for each property, there could be one LLC with a primary residence for the kid, owned by the LLC (so effectively children), but paid for by the LLC controllers (so effectively parents), that generates no income for the LLC since it isn't rented out and therefore never shows up on anyone's taxes. When the parents die, there's nothing to inherit because the kids already "own" the asset, they simply now also take control of it. So it's basically a way to gift a house and dodge the $16,000/year gift tax limit.

Total bull**** but legal.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

I’m not giving Zach Smith too much of my attention. Even in this hilarious ordeal, he threw nonsense around that wasn’t true, whether he believed it or not. He obviously still has some connections but is still a typical loudmouth tabloid guy. All that said yeah, this stuff continues to get weirder.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This feels far more like unrelated, boring old tax evasion than anything to do with Michigan football or sign stealing.

The LLC gets formed with parents who control it, and the children as stakeholders/owners. So the parents can "invest" in the LLC, and the children who now own the LLC can report any income that the LLC pays them out on their own taxes.

If you take an LLC out for each property, there could be one LLC with a primary residence for the kid, owned by the LLC (so effectively children), but paid for by the LLC controllers (so effectively parents), that generates no income for the LLC since it isn't rented out and therefore never shows up on anyone's taxes. When the parents die, there's nothing to inherit because the kids already "own" the asset, they simply now also take control of it. So it's basically a way to gift a house and dodge the $16,000/year gift tax limit.

TL;DR

On Wisconsin

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not giving Zach Smith too much of my attention. Even in this hilarious ordeal, he threw nonsense around that wasn’t true, whether he believed it or not. He obviously still has some connections but is still a typical loudmouth tabloid guy. All that said yeah, this stuff continues to get weirder.

If it were an opinion piece, I get it, but this is public info that he (or someone he knew) dug so the source isnt' really relevant, right?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was posting it more for Connor being shady as hell and how much players might've been involved b/c they keep saying that no one knew him or was a partner in his business dealings.

I agree w/ you about this though. Still might provide something interesting to this lovely ordeal.