The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

With the NCAA you never really know whether it’s a slap on the wrist or a hammer. 

And this is my fear. The more news that comes out about this, and what they've uncovered, makes me so angry for people like Stroud and Marv who got cheated out of so much. 

If it's a slap, there's nothing to deter future teams from doing the same. You can't set that precedent here. It has to be a major punishment

Edit: To add to this, do you want consistency? A couple days ago Kentucky got 2 years of wins vacated bc of multiple years of level 2 violations. Not repeat offenders either. You would think it has to be at least this, correct?

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Legitimately the most provable worst/in depth systemic cheating model in the history of collegiate athletics coupled with repeat offenses, misleading authorities under pressure from coaches, 60+ times over 3 years, infiltrating other coaching staffs sidelines, and destruction/attempted destruction of evidence and when there was smoke half left for the NFL and have been completely non compliant. Jim Harbaugh is a complete charlatan devoid of integrity and character.

I bet nothing major happens.

He’s gone so nothing major is going to happen.  Him going to the NFL assured minimal punishment for Michigan. 

And when he repeats his schtick in the NFL and is out from the Chargers in three years, he won’t have anywhere to go because I doubt he is hirable after all of this.  

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He’s gone so nothing major is going to happen.  Him going to the NFL assured minimal punishment for Michigan. 

And when he repeats his schtick in the NFL and is out from the Chargers in three years, he won’t have anywhere to go because I doubt he is hirable after all of this.  

But Moore is still there, lied, tried to delete evidence, among other things. 

I get what you're saying but if that is the case, you're telling other schools that it's really no big deal if you break the rules. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The NCAA died during COVID and again during NIL and now we’ve seen what coaches thought of it. No coincidence why this happened in 2021 after they ignored COVID rules as well. The NCAA screwed themselves and it was funny, but those who advocated for zero governance are seeing firsthand the ramifications of their desires.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Tangible cheating evidence, proof Stallions was on the CMU sidelines, proof other coaches knew about scandal, proof now repeat offender coaches attempted to cover it up. Fifteen years ago, this would have been a death penalty. With the NCAA you never really know whether it’s a slap on the wrist or a hammer. 

That part alone should be enough to drop the hammer on the entire program.  Especially that its now been unearthed that the program was knowledgeable about it happening. Thats up there with the SMU thing, even past the Astros banging on trashcans.

You had a undercover assistant on the sidelines of a upcoming opponent stealing signs and listening to conversations? Whaaaaaaaaaat.

right-to-jail-jail.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness

21 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Repeat Level 1 offenders, Connor proven on the sidelines at CMU, text messages deleted after it was discovered they were being looked into, illegally scouted 56 games..... 

From my perspective, this doesn't look good for Michigan, at all, but what do y'all think? 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40724577/michigan-football-coach-sherrone-moore-violated-ncaa-rules-noa-draft-says

At least they didn’t get tattoos. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Repeat Level 1 offenders, Connor proven on the sidelines at CMU, text messages deleted after it was discovered they were being looked into, illegally scouted 56 games..... 

From my perspective, this doesn't look good for Michigan, at all, but what do y'all think? 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40724577/michigan-football-coach-sherrone-moore-violated-ncaa-rules-noa-draft-says

Death Penalty would be considered mercy for this program out of control.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm willing to negotiate easier punishments in exchange for the manifesto.

For Harbaugh personally, I cannot envision a more perfectly ironic hell than making that man coach winning football out of the Chargers.

Jim Harbaugh reading in a monotone voice from a prepared statement about being raised not to lie, cheat, or steal is peak comedy.

I was expecting a transition into Hitch:

ce87771646272ad5d2fc637e021de939.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Well, even though it’s far from the nothing burger some people on here claimed, I am surprised it will only be a fine

I can't buy that being the only punishment. Not if everything they're reporting is true. Not just bc I don't want it to be but it just doesn't make sense from a logic and consistency standpoint. Far less has happened to other teams and had much more severe punishments. 

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

LOA is coming soon.

sherrone-moore-screenshot.jpg

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also lol Harbs got crucified for the cheeseburger.

How he paid for it and wrote it off on the budget line item proves he’s on the spectrum as if writing everything in Excel didn’t already make you wonder, while eating steak every day and wearing khakis.

• Like 2