2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

"it looks like chicago is going for it and...its a pooch punt by williams and the ball is downed at the 4 yard line"

Kid will never be Brady but Brady's punt average is 34 yards, so Williams should be able to better him there at least.

49 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Kid will never be Brady but Brady's punt average is 34 yards, so Williams should be able to better him there at least.

Bears twitter demands Caleb be at least twice as good as Brady, otherwise they should have just kept Fields.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Bears twitter demands Caleb be at least twice as good as Brady, otherwise they should have just kept Fields.

Well Brady has 3 receptions more than Fields. #whoistherealathletehere?

• Like 1

The Athletic dropped a new mock today and it has the "worst case" scenario for Chicago. MN trades up to 3 for Maye, WRs go 4-5-6, and DEN trades with ATL for JJ.

That being said, with no trade down offers, the fact that worst case scenario involves the Bears getting the best defensive player in the draft (in their eyes) at #9, it's an exciting time to be a Bears fan - unless you're a JF fanboy that can't move past it

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

The Athletic dropped a new mock today and it has the "worst case" scenario for Chicago. MN trades up to 3 for Maye, WRs go 4-5-6, and DEN trades with ATL for JJ.

That being said, with no trade down offers, the fact that worst case scenario involves the Bears getting the best defensive player in the draft (in their eyes) at #9, it's an exciting time to be a Bears fan - unless you're a JF fanboy that can't move past it

Yeah, I don’t see that as a worst case scenario at all. 4 QBs and 3 WRs in the top 8 means we get pick of the litter on defense, Alt or Bowers. That’s an ideal trade down situation IMO. 

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, I don’t see that as a worst case scenario at all. 4 QBs and 3 WRs in the top 8 means we get pick of the litter on defense, Alt or Bowers. That’s an ideal trade down situation IMO. 

Have to admit,  a part of me actually hopes that there are 4 QBs, 3 WRs and Bowers gone and that we take Alt.  The discussion yesterday on what you'd do with B Jones in that situation has me salivating a bit to think of a Bears OL with too many decent to  good players available on it.  

If they stay put and the pick is defense I would hate it a bit.  Really not needing 2024 to be about wins, but do need to set up my guy Rookee Quebee for success and health. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Have to admit,  a part of me actually hopes that there are 4 QBs, 3 WRs and Bowers gone and that we take Alt.  The discussion yesterday on what you'd do with B Jones in that situation has me salivating a bit to think of a Bears OL with too many decent to  good players available on it.  

If they stay put and the pick is defense I would hate it a bit.  Really not needing 2024 to be about wins, but do need to set up my guy Rookee Quebee for success and health. 

I personally see very little possibility that we make the pick at #9. I have a hard time believing Poles will leave the first round with only a third and a fourth remaining. It's possible, but it wouldn't be the strategy that I personally choose.

18 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I personally see very little possibility that we make the pick at #9. I have a hard time believing Poles will leave the first round with only a third and a fourth remaining. It's possible, but it wouldn't be the strategy that I personally choose.

Samesies. I've changed my mind a couple times but I would be happiest with a trade down, then one of the top WRs, then at OT, then the TE.  

If they could drop to the teens and get one of the second tier receivers, while picking up a 2nd and getting a C I would be as happy as I was yesterday putting up my "CALEB WILLIAMS PRO DAY" banners. 

First to admit I haven't looked hard at prospects this year.  Not yet anyway.  I am relying on others opinions I respect and highlights.  Been busy.

If big 3 WRs are gone by 9 I want to trade out if possible.  I love that we got Allen, but he is a bit injury prone and older.  I still would like to draft a young WR at 9.  

I could live with Alt, Fashanu or Bowers.  The LT is not sexy because we have an okay one in place.  But if it is a significant upgrade at such an important position you have to consider it.   Good LTs always go off board early.  You can't just say we will get one in draft unless you suck.  You will always get 3rd choice or lower.  And the great ones never hit FA until they are broken, old or developed some flaw.   

Bowers is such a wild card.  He is both scary and exciting.  He was not as exciting last year as he was playing banged up I think.  But drafting him is like drafting a WR/FB/RB to my mind.  You have to have a plan for him as OC other than just Y in your playbook.  

Turner has nice upside, but not sure if he is best fit for Flus.  A quick look at him and he goes around blocks a lot and struggles with blocks.   I don't like injury history of Latu.  I am out on him.  Verse seems safe and best fit - but doesn't have a ton of bend to him.

I love Brock Bowers.  Like Mooney he didn’t quite look same after ankle injury.  

Also I don’t trust Bears with him.  I don’t know Waldron yet and Bowers is a guy that you utilize a bit outside of box to maximize his value.  It takes a creative coach. 

I don’t want Bears to draft him at 9.  If they trade down and get him I’m in.  

Interesting that a handful of teams are by all indications left competing for the 4th QB in the draft.  

I got tired of arguing with various Bears fans saying if Justin doesn't work out we can just trade up and draft a QB next year.

You can trade up and draft maybe 4th QB.   You get to pick your guy this year.  And that guy looks good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Interesting that a handful of teams are by all indications left competing for the 4th QB in the draft.  

I got tired of arguing with various Bears fans saying if Justin doesn't work out we can just trade up and draft a QB next year.

You can trade up and draft maybe 4th QB.   You get to pick your guy this year.  And that guy looks good.

The argument that you could get "the haul"and build it up for future QB in case Justin didn't get better is nice, but really ignores how unique it is to align with the bears having not a terrible roster, the first round pick, and such a highly ranked prospect. Go fer it. 

• Like 1