2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If we do trade down from #1 (and we should) then Washington just makes so much sense...

• New Owner
  • New HC incoming
  • Need a face of the franchise
  • Caleb is from DC
  • Have additional resources this year
  • Have the shortest distance to move up

Bears trade

for

Commanders trade

2025 1st round pick

Keeps us right there for MHJ...take a Centre like JPJ at #42 and you have fixed your two biggest weaknesses on offence while picking up another 3rd (alongside probably another one for Ian Cunningham) then in 2025 you have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds...given how well Poles has drafted so far that could be the basis for year on year success for the next decade.

I can't see Washington giving up four top picks to go up one spot. I think it'd probably look more like their 1st, one of their 2's and a 1st or 2nd next year. If Poles is scared of losing MHJ with a trade down, ask for McLaurin back

FWIW I'd rather trade with the Pats. Keep Williams out of the NFC

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If we do trade down from #1 (and we should) then Washington just makes so much sense...

• New Owner
  • New HC incoming
  • Caleb is from DC

Bears trade

for

Commanders trade

2025 1st round pick

Keeps us right there for MHJ...take a Centre like JPJ at #42 and you have fixed your two biggest weaknesses on offence while picking up another 3rd (alongside probably another one for Ian Cunningham) then in 2025 you have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds...given how well Poles has drafted so far that could be the basis for year on year success for the next decade.

Say we make this trade - I think there’s a very real chance we’d then trade down from 2 to the highest bidder for Maye too. MHJ is a great WR prospect but he’s not the only top tier one in this draft. We could potentially go from 1 to 2, then from 2 to 5 (NYG) and still get MHJ or Nabers. 

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Say we make this trade - I think there’s a very real chance we’d then trade down from 2 to the highest bidder for Maye too. MHJ is a great WR prospect but he’s not the only top tier one in this draft. We could potentially go from 1 to 2, then from 2 to 5 (NYG) and still get MHJ or Nabers. 

Honestly I would have zero issue with that…as I have said many times I think the gap between MHJ & Nabers is smaller than a lot of others do and I fully believe that DJ is a true #1 WR so having a lower end #1/high end #2 would be no issue especially if you can continue to add talent all over the team…even Odunze/Coleman would be a capable #2 early on…

Either way what we can’t have next year is a rookie #2/3 RB with more receptions than the guy who is suppose to be our #2 WR.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

No issue with the picks but I hope at minimum the Bears have addressed C in FA with an upgrade. If JPJ can beat out the FA then great, if not he should be a top depth option for the entire IOL for 2024. Or challenge Davis even at RG.

I still think Jon Feliciano would be a damn good reserve signing to push the C or RG. Be a cheap option that is what Patrick should have been, plus depth in the IOL.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

No issue with the picks but I hope at minimum the Bears have addressed C in FA with an upgrade. If JPJ can beat out the FA then great, if not he should be a top depth option for the entire IOL for 2024. Or challenge Davis even at RG.

I still think Jon Feliciano would be a damn good reserve signing to push the C or RG. Be a cheap option that is what Patrick should have been, plus depth in the IOL.

I would 100% expect us to sign a proper vet centre to compete with a rookie…Patrick is a great locker room guy but he has to be gone this offseason…Whitehair will be released…the full centre position should be rebuilt with a vet & rookie either early or later depending on the calibre of the vet…same goes for LT…Braxton has earned the role as a starter but a vet back up or rookie who can be developed as LT depth is important…

JC Latham at RG massively intrigues me as well but Davis’ contract will buy him another year.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

JC Latham at RG massively intrigues me as well but Davis’ contract will buy him another year.

On the roster, sure. But doesn’t lock him into the starting lineup. We need atleast 6 lineman we trust regardless, but especially with the way we often lose Jenkins. 

As for Center, I NEED a veteran there. I like a few of the rookies a lot, but with the way the rest of this OL is built, we need some real proven leadership as well as talent. 

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

FWIW I'd rather trade with the Pats. Keep Williams out of the NFC

As long as they aren’t in the division, it doesn’t matter.

Even in the same conference, you’re only guaranteed to play them every 3 years (cross conference is every 4)

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Bears trade

for

Commanders trade

2025 1st round pick

Would be surprising to get all of that for a move from #2, but I think there might be a scenario out there that gets NE to jump them without WAS even winning. That would be most ideal to trade with them at #3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

• New Owner
  • New HC incoming
  • Caleb is from DC

Bears trade

for

Commanders trade

2025 1st round pick

That trade won't happen guys. Even if Washington was locked into one QB over the other, that cost is too much for one spot. No chance they give up that much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Would be surprising to get all of that for a move from #2, but I think there might be a scenario out there that gets NE to jump them without WAS even winning. That would be most ideal to trade with them at #3

For me it all depends on how many teams you can get competing for that pick...if you have just Washington then no we aren't getting that much...but if you have WAS, NE, NYG, ATL, LV & even DEN trying to work something out then the bidding just goes up and up...some of those GM/coaching staff will be scrapping to hold on to their jobs next year and might just throw everything at it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

That trade won't happen guys. Even if Washington was locked into one QB over the other, that cost is too much for one spot. No chance they give up that much. 

I remember people saying that about what we got from Carolina last year hahaha...you never know in this sport man.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

For me it all depends on how many teams you can get competing for that pick...if you have just Washington then no we aren't getting that much...but if you have WAS, NE, NYG, ATL, LV & even DEN trying to work something out then the bidding just goes up and up...some of those GM/coaching staff will be scrapping to hold on to their jobs next year and might just throw everything at it.

Denver isn't happening (or shouldn't happen, imo). They'll be picking too low for my liking and they don't have a 2nd this year

They won't get THAT much from NE or WAS but they could easily from LV, TEN or ATL

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I remember people saying that about what we got from Carolina last year hahaha...you never know in this sport man.

Carolina was at #9. We are currently #2. That trade is completely not going to happen.