2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

34 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I didn’t hear the interview to know whether Biggs was talking about sourced info or sharing his opinion, but tbf he’s been out on Fields since about mid-September 2022. 

I know it was on The Score today…haven’t heard it mind you…yeah Biggs who is normally a little on the fence on most things IMO has been incredibly definitive on Fields…not sure he does that without a source because if Justin stays it would be an obvious shot to criticise Biggs credibility.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I know it was on The Score today…haven’t heard it mind you…yeah Biggs who is normally a little on the fence on most things IMO has been incredibly definitive on Fields…not sure he does that without a source because if Justin stays it would be an obvious shot to criticise Biggs credibility.

Found it...

Sounds pretty definitive from him.

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Found it...

Sounds pretty definitive from him.

Definitively stated, but still sounds like his opinion. Doesn’t mention sources or even elude to them. He’s probably not wrong - the writing is pretty clearly on the wall - but I don’t think this was a sourced thing.

Unrelated (well maybe semi-related): Biggs’ voice makes me angry. The self-assured tone with which he speaks just screams “I’m an *******” to me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Definitively stated, but still sounds like his opinion. Doesn’t mention sources or even elude to them. He’s probably not wrong - the writing is pretty clearly on the wall - but I don’t think this was a sourced thing.

Unrelated (well maybe semi-related): Biggs’ voice makes me angry. The self-assured tone with which he speaks just screams “I’m an *******” to me. 

Agree about the voice haha...

I guess my point is he never really gives a strong opinion IMO...certainly never this definitive so as much as he might not be able to quote a source at this time I would suspect he feels pretty strongly in the info he does have.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Any thoughts on these QB rankings:

Caleb Williams not ranked especially highly by their metrics. Seems to support the case for a trade down.

Yes, let’s trade down based off this one chart. Nix>>>Williams. I’m sold! 

58 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Take Williams 1st overall

Trade Fields to the Patriots, we get #3 overall, they get #9 overall.  We also get a couple mid round picks this year and next year and take MHJ. 

That sounds great for us, but in reality they probably give up the best player in the deal and I don't think they do that. Getting 34 from them and allowing them to pair MHJ with Fields instead of Nix sounds like a more desirable plan to me if I’m a NE fan and a more realistic return for us.

By the draft chart, the difference between 3 and 9 is 850 points, equal to pick 20. In this case, PIT is pick 20 and also a potential suitor. If both PIT for 20 or your NE option we’re available to us, I’d rather have 1, 9 and 20 than 1 and 3.

I still don’t think we’re getting a 1 though. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Trade Fields to the Patriots, we get #3 overall, they get #9 overall.  We also get a couple mid round picks this year and next year and take MHJ. 

Done.  I'd do cartwheels.

I don't think NE would do that and I think Pitt is going to offer their 2nd, not their first.  But we'll see.

Obviously, I am hoping for more. 

15 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

personally, I'd rather take Nabors/Odunze at 9 if we're going the WR route and trade JF for something else that gets us another player or two

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

personally, I'd rather take Nabors/Odunze at 9 if we're going the WR route and trade JF for something else that gets us another player or two

I'm high enough on MHJ that I would take him over Odunze and a 2nd rounder. To me he is the top prospect in the draft. He's as close to "generational" as I've seen in a few years. That being said in now way would I be upset at the latter option, but MHJ is the stud of this class IMO.