Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

20 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I get that they want to play their “scheme” but games like the Cowboys they absolutely need to start trying. I hate that kind of stubbornness. Sauce shadowing a WR1 should always be a part of the gameplan if needed. We are sort of wasting his skill set 

I agree unfortunately I think a lot of it does have to do with our scheme and how zone heavy it is, if we were more bump and run man scheme I have little doubt that Sauce would be traveling because that type of scheme puts a huge amount of responsibility on their CBs locking them down 1 on 1 for the most part but the fact that we play a zone heavy scheme I feel like Saleh and company just believe that our front 4 is more important compared to our CBs if that makes sense

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I agree unfortunately I think a lot of it does have to do with our scheme and how zone heavy it is, if we were more bump and run man scheme I have little doubt that Sauce would be traveling because that type of scheme puts a huge amount of responsibility on their CBs locking them down 1 on 1 for the most part but the fact that we play a zone heavy scheme I feel like Saleh and company just believe that our front 4 is more important compared to our CBs if that makes sense

Maybe I should have watched the games before commenting. I think I saw maybe 30 minutes total all season. It is not fun to watch when I know they will suck with very predictable gameplay, execution and outcome. They are sucking the love of my fandom from me. 

22 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Remember the Jets/Seahawks Revis/Sherman feud a few years ago where we defended Revis for being better because he traveled, shut down #1 receivers week in and week out? Sherman just defended his third and made sure to not get beat deep.

Now we have a Sherman(Gardner is better but you follow) so it’s kinda funny to defend him as the best CB while we dumped on Sherman lol. 

definitely funny and definitely true. sherman was great but revis was just not human. also one of the best tacklers I have ever seen from a corner. he was literally what generational means. if he actually worked harder he would have had more longevity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

definitely funny and definitely true. sherman was great but revis was just not human. also one of the best tacklers I have ever seen from a corner. he was literally what generational means. if he actually worked harder he would have had more longevity.

Yeah, I mean I'd also argue that Revis was better than Sauce so it doesn't have to be a contradiction. Revis' peak was unmatched imo.

On 1/8/2024 at 11:27 AM, NYJets4716 said:

Jets are going to be aggressive this offseason. Aaron Rodgers makes you win now. They need to turn it around to not lose star young players like Garrett Wilson. 

Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh will be on their last year, if they do not turn this into a winner they will both be fired. So it is pretty evident that they will be aggressive with moves trying to win next season. 

Joe has said before there is lots of flexibility with how he can manipulate the cap with shifting around money. 

10th overall pick, should be able to land a really good player in this draft at that spot. This draft is loaded with OL and WR talent. 

We probably won't be able to land Joe Alt or the other OT who is elite. But who knows how the draft plays out. Last time we picked 10 we landed Garrett Wilson. 

They need to target OL and WR to fix the offense. Saleh said they want to figure out a spot for AVT and leave him there, no more playing around with him.  Same with Tippmann, do the Jets want to leave him at center or do they see him as a OG. Cause he was dominant at RG. But he also has potential as a center. 

Jonah Williams seems to be the top OT on the market, 26 and has started pretty much every game. 

Tee Higgins would be excellent WR opposite of Garrett too.

The 2024 NFL Draft will go down in history as a draft that 5 of the top 10 players were QBs, sprinkle in a few WR's and O.T. and this will make up the top rounds. Teams will want to move up, and I expect some teams will fork over multiple picks to land one of the QB's they think will turn their franchise around.

In 1983 the year of the QB as far as NFL history was concerned and one in which future HOF and S.B. winners were concerned emerged. Players like John Elway, Todd Blackledge, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason, Ken O'Brien, and Dan Marino.

This draft will be like that one, with an exception, we have no idea if any of these players will pan out, because recent history tells us, they don't. 

4 hours ago, ukjets21 said:

Yeah, I mean I'd also argue that Revis was better than Sauce so it doesn't have to be a contradiction. Revis' peak was unmatched imo.

I love Revis but I think in a few more years Sauce will be one of if not the best CB in NFL history. He has a great attitude, the long body and the hips to go with it. The guy is a beast. The only problem is no one is going to test him that often so he wont have the big INT numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Big T said:

The 2024 NFL Draft will go down in history as a draft that 5 of the top 10 players were QBs, sprinkle in a few WR's and O.T. and this will make up the top rounds. Teams will want to move up, and I expect some teams will fork over multiple picks to land one of the QB's they think will turn their franchise around.

In 1983 the year of the QB as far as NFL history was concerned and one in which future HOF and S.B. winners were concerned emerged. Players like John Elway, Todd Blackledge, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason, Ken O'Brien, and Dan Marino.

This draft will be like that one, with an exception, we have no idea if any of these players will pan out, because recent history tells us, they don't. 

I agree here. We could have 5 QB's taken in the first 5 picks. That how crazy it could go. If that happens that is great for the Jets. There is a good chance that MH Jr or one of the top 2 OT make it to 10. I think Alt will be there and he will be the pick at 10. I think a D guy is going to fly up the board and make it into the top 10 too. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I love Revis but I think in a few more years Sauce will be one of if not the best CB in NFL history. He has a great attitude, the long body and the hips to go with it. The guy is a beast. The only problem is no one is going to test him that often so he wont have the big INT numbers. 

Did Deion Sanders just disappear from history? Love Sauce but he’s still has a ways to go to catch up to Revis let alone Primetime

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Big T said:

I am willing to bet this draft will be less like 1983 and more like 2018. That was the year of Sam, Allen, Rosen, Lamar, and Baker.  Maybe 1 or 2 QB’s will pan out but I suspect most will be busts. All the more reason to avoid falling into the FRP QB again. 

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Coaching staff/scheme is holding Sauce back.  Let him do his thing and lock down the top receiving threat each week.  Until then he can't be considered close to Revis' level.

We just posted a top defense in the league and he made first team all-pro...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree here. We could have 5 QB's taken in the first 5 picks. That how crazy it could go. If that happens that is great for the Jets. There is a good chance that MH Jr or one of the top 2 OT make it to 10. I think Alt will be there and he will be the pick at 10. I think a D guy is going to fly up the board and make it into the top 10 too. 

3 in the top 5 is realistic. None of the others are top 10 picks at all.

There have been a few times that lots of QBs go early: 1999, 2004, 2018, 2021. What makes 1983 special is that most of them were good and 3 of them were HoFers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

We just posted a top defense in the league and he made first team all-pro...

PFF top defense not actual top defense.  We were 11th in points allowed and there were some games where we got out classed.

I love Sauce and he deserves to be in talks for All-Pro but I want my All-Pro CB to follow the #1 WR and not be wasted in soft zone or on one side of the field.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Did Deion Sanders just disappear from history? Love Sauce but he’s still has a ways to go to catch up to Revis let alone Primetime

Deion was overrated. He had the flash that is why people loved him. I watched him for a long time and he hated to tackle and if a RB came at him he would miss the tackle. This is why he is not the greatest in my mind. I think Revis and Woodson are both above Sanders. These guys would tackle and even cover big TE that Sanders would NEVER do. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Deion was overrated. He had the flash that is why people loved him. I watched him for a long time and he hated to tackle and if a RB came at him he would miss the tackle. This is why he is not the greatest in my mind. I think Revis and Woodson are both above Sanders. These guys would tackle and even cover big TE that Sanders would NEVER do. 

Damn that’s wild