Week 9: VIKINGS (4-4) at Falcons (4-4)

swede700

Just now, Robb_K said:

No, I'm not selling it short.  It was a fabulous effort by our defence, Dobbs, The OL, and pretty much the whole team.  Only KOC made a few weak play calls.  It was a gutsy effort by the team, and I wouldn't take that from them.

yes, but the real Minneapolis Miracle beat the SAINTS. that's worth a lot. lol

• Like 2

When you look at tge game stats, T.O.s tied, Vikes won TOP and 3rd down conversions.   But, if it weren't for Atlanta's untimely penalties, this game ain't close.

Tonga showed up big.   Hunter and Wonnum rocked it again.  Hicks and Pace shutdown Robinson and Allgeirs.  

Can't say anything about Dobdds, except he's like 50 year scotch.   This was one for the memory bank.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Going to need Ty Chandler to step up big. Someone needs to supplant Mattison. 

I get the disgruntledness on Mattison, but in the 2nd half, he ran . . . Better.  He contributed to the win -- not dramatically, but without his catches and his longer runs, the Vikes don't win this game.  

• Like 2

No matter what happens with #1 QB next season, The Vikings should keep Hall for back-up QB, and keep Dobbs as a Jack-Of-All-Trades RB/QB(for special plays(needed 1st Downs and Red Zone plays) - (Taysom Hill Type).  No more goal-line sneaks for KIrk 9IF he returns next season) - we'll have Dobbs come in for those plays (all plays 5 yds away and in).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Going to need Ty Chandler to step up big. Someone needs to supplant Mattison. 

His stepping up big needs to be lifting weights to get stronger, and learning how to use body leverage better and pass blocking technique.  Otherwise, EVERY time he comes on the field for a play, the opposing team KNOWS 100% that The Vikings are going to run the ball on a hand-off, or throw a short pass to him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

No matter what happens with #1 QB next season, The Vikings should keep Hall for back-up QB, and keep Dobbs as a Jack-Of-All-Trades RB/QB(for special plays(needed 1st Downs and Red Zone plays) - (Taysom Hill Type).  No more goal-line sneaks for KIrk 9IF he returns next season) - we'll have Dobbs come in for those plays (all plays 5 yds away and in).

Dobs just ascended to Randall Cunnnimgham status.   I suspect Mannion gets called up and Hall stays in protocol for the week.   Then next week, Mannion goes back to practice squad and Hall backs up Dobbs.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Dobs just ascended to Randall Cunnnimgham status.   I suspect Mannion gets called up and Hall stays in protocol for the week.   Then next week, Mannion goes back to practice squad and Hall backs up Dobbs.  

Doesn’t Mullens come off IR soon? If Mannion ever plays another down for us then you know the season is over. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Hall looked pretty good except for one pass he through behind the receiver.  He looked poised in the pocket and rolling out.  Dobbs has weaknesses, too.  Both have strengths and weaknesses in different areas.  I'd like to see more of both.  I think BOTH of them have promise because their biggest weaknesses can be coached up to adequate, and their special strengths can be taken advantage of by tailoring play calls to feature them.  Dobbs will get the next start by default, and IF he plays really well, Hall will have to wait until Dobbs gives them a reason for replacing him.  But I would work overtime with BOTH, on getting both ready to play.  The final decision between them for starter shouldn't be made before 3-4 more games.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Isn't there a Concussion protocol that would keep Hall out at least one week as a precautionary measure, IF Hall, indeed was diagnosed with even a slight concussion?

I don’t think so. If you pass the protocol, you can play. No timespan requirement.

• Like 2