Week 9: VIKINGS (4-4) at Falcons (4-4)

swede700

I thought Hall played ok. Certainly looked reasonably capable. Was ok at running but didn’t have the experience.

Dobbs was most comfortable running the ball but did it very forcefully. Throwing he was fairly ok, OL didn’t help him as much today. Showed some bad pocket presence on some plays. 

Dobbs gets the start next week, regardless of Halls status sadly/unfortunately {for Hall}. Dobbs did enough (poise, end of game decision making, decent throws, runs) to warrant all first team reps in practice and on Sunday

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Dobs just ascended to Randall Cunnnimgham status.   I suspect Mannion gets called up and Hall stays in protocol for the week.   Then next week, Mannion goes back to practice squad and Hall backs up Dobbs.  

I think this is the most likely scenario, if Mannion is available

An underrated aspect of this game will be the fact the Vikings committed just one penalty.

That's incredibly impressive considering how many players were in and out of the game, as well as playing two different quarterbacks in a road game.

The Falcons were assessed eight penalties for 62 yards.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

An underrated aspect of this game will be the fact the Vikings committed just one penalty.

That's incredibly impressive considering how many players were in and out of the game, as well as playing two different quarterbacks in a road game.

The Falcons were assessed eight penalties for 62 yards.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

I was fully expecting the OL to get a few holding calls today, since they aren't used to blocking for a mobile QB. They did a good job.

• Like 3

Following the Vikings' thrilling 31-28 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, head coach Kevin O'Connell told reporters they fear Akers suffered an Achilles injury, per The Athletic. 

Akers tore his right Achilles prior to the 2021 season. It appears he injured his left Achilles on Sunday after planting awkwardly while attempting to dodge a Falcons defender. Akers rushed eight times for 25 yards, and caught three passes for 13 yards before exiting the matchup. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-fear-cam-akers-suffered-achilles-injury-in-week-9-victory-over-falcons/

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, Sir Fobos said:

I was fully expecting the OL to get a few holding calls today, since they aren't used to blocking for a mobile QB. They did a good job. 

And they were without Darrisaw, too!  An incredible  performance, especially as the team was desperate for continued drives by novice QBs.

• Like 2