Chase Young to Niners for conditional 3rd round pick

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I was watching the NFC Championship game and shaking my head. If ever there was a time to put your best foot forward, a chance to go to the SB should be that. Unfortunately it was the same stuff that we had seen here. Glad we didn't pick up that option and guarantee 17.452M towards him. 

OMG I'm so surprised we didn't - I bet someone talked Ron out of it . 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I was watching the NFC Championship game and shaking my head. If ever there was a time to put your best foot forward, a chance to go to the SB should be that. Unfortunately it was the same stuff that we had seen here. Glad we didn't pick up that option and guarantee 17.452M towards him. 

Definitely escaped that potential mess. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hard to understand.  The 49ers likely never had serious intent on keeping him on, so he is just putting bad tape up for other free agency suitors on a very big stage.  Costing himself a lot of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Hard to understand.  The 49ers likely never had serious intent on keeping him on, so he is just putting bad tape up for other free agency suitors on a very big stage.  Costing himself a lot of money.

Some team I’ll bet will think they can change him. 😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Meanwhile the maroons I'm talking to on social media say "well, he playing for a ring in 2 weeks so who really won?"

I'm like... "our team did"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Man I noticed that .. Yesterday Gibbs ran away from his side around the right end and scored. Chase was just jogging over to that sideline and Gibbs cut back to the middle before scoring. If Chase had been hustling he would have been in position to Polaxe Gibbs at about the 3 yard line.! It's easy to find the video-check it out. Chase kinda reaches out weakly as Gibbs goes by him to score . It's an unbelievable lack of effort.

He got zero pressure on almost 100% of pass rushes. I was smiling thinking yeah--I'll that 3rd round pick-better than nothing which he is now. He done- maybe he's playing on one leg. 

Don't forget that run by Montgomery to Chase's side where Chase got blown up by the WR sealing him inside. I can't find the video of it but I'm sure someone else here has it. It was well before this play. These two plays are why the 49ers and their fans are done with him (see below).

https://ninernoise.com/posts/chase-young-seal-fate-49ers-terrible-play-lions

Maybe his Dad can call into a San Fran radio show and argue with the hosts?

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Meanwhile the maroons I'm talking to on social media say "well, he playing for a ring in 2 weeks so who really won?"

I'm like... "our team did"

The thing is if they do happen to win the Superbowl it won’t be because of him and he’ll have no shame in accepting that ring like he deserved it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The thing is if they do happen to win the Superbowl it won’t be because of him and he’ll have no shame in accepting that ring like he deserved it. 

Yup. I point out to them that the 3rd stringers that never seen the field also get rings. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I mean at this point, I am in awe of anyone still defending Chase. I admire dogged determination (even in the face of facts) so that kind of commitment should be applauded. 

Those guys still have Battered Fan Syndrome from carrying Dan Snyder’s water to the end. 

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I mean at this point, I am in awe of anyone still defending Chase. I admire dogged determination (even in the face of facts) so that kind of commitment should be applauded. 

Nope. Can no longer defend him. Loved him as a prospect and as a rookie but low effort just bothers me. I wish the kid well and I'm glad we moved on. Probably the last thing I'll say on the subject. 

• Like 2